The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Cool final loads for Mini Don Alan Chop Cup (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jamie D. Grant
View Profile
V.I.P.
as seen in Ripley's Believe It or Not!
2316 Posts

Profile of Jamie D. Grant
Okay, seriously guys, I thought we were supposed to be helping each other out! So how come nobody told me about BEAN BAGS, lol?!

As you know, one of my all time favorite routines that I do every single gig is the chop cup. I love it so much it hurts. You can actually see me perform it on a very old Magic Friday (I look like a kid!). Be gentle, this was a while ago:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ktlWEWIGBU

As you can see in the video, I use an RNT2 Don Alan Mini. I actually have 4 of these (no kidding). And, for the final load, I've always used those mini tennis balls. Well, I went out today to look for some replacements because mine are so beat up. And what did I find?

The greatest final loads ever! Small juggling balls, and hackey-sacks! Because of the material, they:

1) Are super quiet.

2) Mold into my hand to be hidden easier.

3) Can squish into the cup (all the way to the top), so when they come out, they actually look bigger!

How come nobody told me, lol.

The only problem is, I can't decide which I like better...

Juggling Balls

or,

Hackey-Sacks

If you have one of these (or 4), you should try them out!

Just thought I'd share!

Your pal,

jamie
TRICK OF THE YEAR: Industrial Revelation, BOOK OF THE YEAR: The Approach, The AIP Bottle, and my new book Scenic 52, can all be found over here: SendWonder.com
Kindness takes practice. My TEDx talk
Mobius303
View Profile
Inner circle
Mike Perlman
1070 Posts

Profile of Mobius303
They look like Hakey Sacs....cool loads
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
Senseless gibberish that amounts to
2027 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
Definitely the hackey sacks!
"I've always been mental, I'm sure of it" Boris Pocus Smile

"Someday we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny". . .Bruce Springsteen
wizardofwelland
View Profile
New user
Niagara Falls, Canada
6 Posts

Profile of wizardofwelland
Hi Jamie, just recently subscribed to you on YouTube and I'm really digging the magic reviews!
I love the juggling ball load. Do you do any juggling? It would be a neat ending to juggle the cup, and balls.
Moonstone76
View Profile
Regular user
Italy
104 Posts

Profile of Moonstone76
I'm using Hackey Sacks as well for my chop cup routine....but that juggling ball is marvellous!
scott0819
View Profile
Veteran user
Toronto, Ont.
331 Posts

Profile of scott0819
Hackey. Sacks.
scott0819
View Profile
Veteran user
Toronto, Ont.
331 Posts

Profile of scott0819
By the way, is the Dennis Loomis Micro Chop Routine still available anywhere? I was very sad to hear of Dennis' passing earlier this year.
Moonstone76
View Profile
Regular user
Italy
104 Posts

Profile of Moonstone76
Very sad Smile
Donnie Buckley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Cleveland, Ohio
1096 Posts

Profile of Donnie Buckley
The Don Alan Mini Chop Cup has such unusual dimensions that I now include a 1 5/8" diameter load ball with each cup. I just started making these balls, and they are made FOR this cup. Currently only available in red.
Finding good loads for this cup has always been a problem for me too Smile
Learn the form, but seek the formless. Learn it all, then forget it all. Learn the way, then find your own way. Rings-N-Things
scott0819
View Profile
Veteran user
Toronto, Ont.
331 Posts

Profile of scott0819
Donnie, when are you getting more of these in? You're sold out of everything except the polished brass.
Donnie Buckley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Cleveland, Ohio
1096 Posts

Profile of Donnie Buckley
You're right Scott, making these cups has been delayed by other projects. But, Chop Cups and specifically Don Alan Chop Cups are next up in the queue. Copper and Aluminum are under construction now. And some of the copper cups will be antiqued like Jamie's lovely cup photo shows. The good news is that the cache of load balls will be ready by the time the Don Alan Mini Chop Cups are ready, so they can be included with the cup.
Learn the form, but seek the formless. Learn it all, then forget it all. Learn the way, then find your own way. Rings-N-Things
XavrosStalkingwolf
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of XavrosStalkingwolf
Quote:
On 2013-08-21 01:12, scott0819 wrote:
By the way, is the Dennis Loomis Micro Chop Routine still available anywhere? I was very sad to hear of Dennis' passing earlier this year.

I can't seem to find the routine anywhere either. Any updates on whether or not this is available?
gvinson
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of gvinson
I too am looking for where to find Dennis Loomis Micro Chop Routine. Any ideas?
Bluesman
View Profile
Elite user
Florida
497 Posts

Profile of Bluesman
I like the Hackey-Sacks.
Thanks
Magic from A to Z
View Profile
Loyal user
Sweet Home Alabama
243 Posts

Profile of Magic from A to Z
What about a routine using marshmellows?
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3589 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
A golf ball is a good fit.
"Jazz is an accident waiting to have happened."

David St. Hubbins
scott0819
View Profile
Veteran user
Toronto, Ont.
331 Posts

Profile of scott0819
Quote:
On Jan 25, 2015, tomsk192 wrote:
A golf ball is a good fit.

...but talks too much, no? I guess if you perform in noisy environments it works though.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Cool final loads for Mini Don Alan Chop Cup (0 Likes)
  Next Topic >>>
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001- 2015 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.152420 seconds, requiring 52 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

[1] [0] [8] [0] [6] [2] [2] [9] [8] [2]