The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Shigeru Sugarawa's DicEscape (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

runawayjag
View Profile
Inner circle
1084 Posts

Profile of runawayjag
What with the surge of interest in Magic Wagon's Quantum Tunnel, I thought I'd let everyone know of a similar effect that is a great item that seems to be going under the radar. It is Shigeru Sugarawa's DicEscape and it is the same genre of effect as the Magic Wagon item...an object passes through an obstruction when dropped into a tube.
I've always felt the cleverest and most unorthodox approach to this type of trick was Tenyo's Alpha Tunnel. There really was no other method like it when it came out. It had its drawbacks, but it was ingenious. Sugarawa's trick (ironically, he is one of the best creators at Tenyo,) is even more ingenious.
Having now done this for more than a dozen people, I can advise that you can pass the items for examination before the effect. There is no fear of the secret being discovered, despite the tube being gaffed in TWO ways to accomplish the effect. The prop works as smooth as silk, although on first handling I suspect you'll think it's delicate and fragile. It is not. It will withstand normal handling...no Penciltration gaff here.
There is only one die used and there are absolutely NO magnets of any kind used in any way. Only the props in view, the die, tube, rod and rubber band, are used...no outside gimmicks.
Watch the video demo at SEO Magic. It is not set up in any way...the effect you see is exactly how you'll do it. And, mercifully, there is no "rock video" intro with some guy wandering in an empty warehouse or busy street, wearing a hoodie and thinking he's really cool. No screaming teenage girls or vulgar mouth teenage boys overreacting. Just a straightforward demo of the trick exactly how it will look when you do it.
At $60.00 it's a little pricey, but if you like this type of trick, I really think you'll love this one. The method and mechanics are different from anything presently out there. It does not work anything like Quantum Tunnel. And, it doesn't cost anything like it either.
To clarify, I do have Quantum Tunnel and it's okay. But, DicEscape is the one I would really perform for people. Thumbs up as far as I'm concerned.
MagiChrisMitch
View Profile
Special user
681 Posts

Profile of MagiChrisMitch
Thanks Mr. Mendoza! Now heading over to seo to get one.
Steve Hook
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, NC, USA
1242 Posts

Profile of Steve Hook
Rick11
View Profile
Veteran user
371 Posts

Profile of Rick11
Quote:
On 2013-08-31 17:37, runawayjag wrote:
What with the surge of interest in Magic Wagon's Quantum Tunnel, I thought I'd let everyone know of a similar effect that is a great item that seems to be going under the radar. It is Shigeru Sugarawa's DicEscape and it is the same genre of effect as the Magic Wagon item...an object passes through an obstruction when dropped into a tube.
I've always felt the cleverest and most unorthodox approach to this type of trick was Tenyo's Alpha Tunnel. There really was no other method like it when it came out. It had its drawbacks, but it was ingenious. Sugarawa's trick (ironically, he is one of the best creators at Tenyo,) is even more ingenious.
Having now done this for more than a dozen people, I can advise that you can pass the items for examination before the effect. There is no fear of the secret being discovered, despite the tube being gaffed in TWO ways to accomplish the effect. The prop works as smooth as silk, although on first handling I suspect you'll think it's delicate and fragile. It is not. It will withstand normal handling...no Penciltration gaff here.
There is only one die used and there are absolutely NO magnets of any kind used in any way. Only the props in view, the die, tube, rod and rubber band, are used...no outside gimmicks.
Watch the video demo at SEO Magic. It is not set up in any way...the effect you see is exactly how you'll do it. And, mercifully, there is no "rock video" intro with some guy wandering in an empty warehouse or busy street, wearing a hoodie and thinking he's really cool. No screaming teenage girls or vulgar mouth teenage boys overreacting. Just a straightforward demo of the trick exactly how it will look when you do it.
At $60.00 it's a little pricey, but if you like this type of trick, I really think you'll love this one. The method and mechanics are different from anything presently out there. It does not work anything like Quantum Tunnel. And, it doesn't cost anything like it either.
To clarify, I do have Quantum Tunnel and it's okay. But, DicEscape is the one I would really perform for people. Thumbs up as far as I'm concerned.

Excellent review of DicEscape by Runawayjag! I just received DicEscape and agree 100% with runawayjag's review, it's right on the money. I also have Quantum Tunnel by Magic Wagon and its a nice looking piece but will use DicEscape when performing. Unlike Quantum Tunnel, DicEscape can be handed handed out as runawayjag has already stated, without concern. The method is ingenious!

Rick
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Shigeru Sugarawa's DicEscape (0 Likes)
<<< Previous Topic Next Topic >>>
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001- 2014 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.125017 seconds, requiring 16 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

[1] [0] [2] [7] [4] [2] [4] [9] [3] [0]