The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Tea cups for the Cups and Balls (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Magic-Daniel
View Profile
Inner circle
Denmark
1328 Posts

Profile of Magic-Daniel
After seeing Michael Skinners' wonderful version using tea cups of the Cups and Balls, I have been inspired myself to do a similar routine with tea cups.

Can anyone recommend some nice looking vintage tea cups that also handles well for the moves?

Thanks
RobFromNZ
View Profile
New user
New Zealand
99 Posts

Profile of RobFromNZ
I don't think they're special cups. Try second hand store or garage/yard sales. My Nana has a few of these in an old china cabinet1
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Bruce Cervon also used T-Cups.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
brokin6
View Profile
Loyal user
Chicago
276 Posts

Profile of brokin6
So did Rene Lavand. Both wonderful routines
Why does coin magic make my head hurt!?!
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
There is a lot of different type of tea cups, Chinese, Japanese, and English.

Try Amazon dot com to take a look.
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9987 Posts

Profile of funsway
I have a complete set of routines called "Cup of T" - many unique sleights for a Tea Cup

I was working with Bill Palmer on documentation - but that got put on hold ...

contact me at gusarimagic@comcast.net

example:
Two Tea Cups and a Bowl are on the table, plus a small teapot. Each Cup is picked up by the handle and shown to be empty, then replaced. A teabag is taken from the bowl and dropped into the Right Cup, followed by one in the Left Cup. The performer starts to pour tea into the Left Cup, looks perplexed and tips the Cup to show it is empty. He then dumps out the Right Cup to show two Bags. Again he visibly drops a Bag into each Cup only to discover that both have collected in the Left Cup. With a shrug these two Bags are replaced in the Left Cup. Now it is revealed that each Cup holds but one Bag. Experimenting, the performer places one Bag in the Right Cup and returns the second bag to the Bowl. They both are found in the Right Cup. Both are placed back in the Right Cup. Changing his mind the Bags are poured into the Left Cup. Now a third Bag is dropped into the Right Cup. No one is surprised to learn that all three are in the Left Cup. One is placed in each Cup and the last returned to the Bowl. The audience is encouraged to guess where the Bags are. Both Cups are tipped to show that all of the Bags are gone. Frustrated, the performer places a Saucer over the Right Cup and places the Left Cup on top with a Bag in it. The Cup is shown empty, the Saucer lifted and the Bag dumped out of the lower Cup. The Bag is replaced in the lower Cup, the Saucer placed on. A Bag is placed in the second Cup9 that is placed on top. Now, both Bags are found in the Lower Cup. In exasperation the performer places the two Cups together, shakes them, and dumps out a dozen Bags onto the table. NOTE: The teapot can be used throughout as desired to build frustration.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
I'd try the thrift stores. I find great things and have saved hundreds of dollars in the past few months.
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2734 Posts

Profile of RS1963
Quote:
On Sep 11, 2013, Pete Biro wrote:
Bruce Cervon also used T-Cups.

But not as well as Miller or Skinner I'm sure. Cervon was great but he was nothing like Mike Skinner or even Charlie.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Tea cups for the Cups and Balls (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL