The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Room 17 by Chang Shao (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

tomdeg
View Profile
Veteran user
303 Posts

Profile of tomdeg
Sounds/look's interesting...

Taking a key on a string from around your neck, you explain that it is a relic from the d’Hubert Hotel, the most haunted hotel in the French Quarter of New Orleans. Picking up an envelope from the table, you open it and dump out a handful of antique room number plaques. You also show that the envelope contains a faded newspaper clipping–and nothing else.

After turning all the number plaques face down, you give the key to a spectator and ask her to swing it over each plaque until they feel “compelled” to choose one (no force). Once she does, the spectator is asked to turn ALL the other plaques face up and call out the numbers, after which they are dropped into a wine glass (also from the d’Hubert).

You state: “It just so happens that the key you are holding is from the d’Hubert Hotel… Room No. 17.” To prove the person helping with this experiment is not a confederate, you turn to another spectator (any spectator!), you hand him/her the envelope and room number plaque. You then ask that spectator to turn the plaque over. She discovers that she has chosen the plaque for Room No. 17.

She then removes the clipping (of which there is ONLY ONE) from the envelope she has been holding and reads the detailed article aloud about the ghastly goings-on at the d’Hubert Hotel.

The Article was written in regard to one particular room…

Room 17.

http://www.elmwoodmagic.com/shop/room-17/
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Thanks for share!
Looks interesting!
Is the pre-order a discounted price,or normal price for effect?

The add,says in Sept.!
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
Like the look of it, but once again we are treated to a pointless video that shows us nothing, I would have liked to at least see the room numbers, what do they look like ? will they be made of metal or something else. etc oh well , once again will just have to wait for the reviews.
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
The other thread! Found it!
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
lands10
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of lands10
I purchased "Room 17" and for the price it isn't bad (I purchased it through Penguin Magic). The numbers are stamped metal with a glazed front and filled backs. They easily could pass for authentic room numbers except for one thing. All the items, the room numbers and key are small. Although there aren't room numbers on doors like this any more, at first glance one could say they look awfully small for a normal sized door. I would have gladly paid more for larger props, although that would impeed on the handling. However, as I said, for the price I think you are given a good value. It comes with several room numbers, a key, an envelope (gimmicked) and a newspaper clipping. Not bad for the price.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Room 17 by Chang Shao (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL