The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » New Report on Global Warming » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (153 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..33..63..93..123..153~154~155~156~157..171..184..197..210..223..224~225~226 [Next]
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
There is just still the small matter of whether you climate hysterics are exaggerating or not.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1053 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Quote:
On Dec 14, 2016, tommy wrote:
There is just still the small matter of whether you climate hysterics are exaggerating or not.

Provide evidence.
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Pops Finland

Need we say more?
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Quote:
On Dec 14, 2016, Magnus Eisengrim wrote:
Great. There is no issue. According to Tommy, everyone agrees that the earth is warming and that human activity is one of the causal factors. This is progress.

Let's get to cleaning up our mess, then. Humans made it; humans should clean it up.

Nothing left to disagree about. Finally!

As long as there are humans on the earth there will more than likely be some effect of those humans living on the earth. If you want to clean up all messes caused by humans, the only solution is to wipe out all the humans. If you don't believe in wiping out all the humans than you don't really believe in cleaning up all the messes. So, which is it?
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Can’t we just kill the climate hysterics to reduce the population, or at least condemn them to a life of poverty or malnutrition, after all, that is what they want?

Tommy
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
Well its obvious those who are blaming humans still don't understand that climate has changed many times throughout the earth's history when those pesky humans didn't even exist.
Check out Bafflingbob.com
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Humans have made a contribution none the less, no matter how small.

Tommy
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
To create climate hysteria or any other hysteria, one takes some truth and exaggerates it. Crisis creation is always done that way, to give it plausible deniability, you see. That is how it works.

Tommy
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
No need for name calling tommy.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
I think more than a few people are going to be wishing for a little more global warming this coming week. A little warming can be a good thing!
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
"humans" according to what outside group?
...to all the coins I've dropped here
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
I suggest that we should stabilize the global population, hopefully at around nine billion, and then begin a long, slow trend of decreasing population. That means reducing fertility rates. This can be achieved by increasing the status of the alternative lifestyle people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCZDWZFtyWY

Well, it is either that or carbon tax.

Tommy
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

We've already reached peak humanity in our civilization. Just not so scalable to planetwide at the same time. Send in the printers.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
The reason believers call themselves believers and their opposition deniers, is precisely that they are believers and not scientists. Therefore, then, no amount of empirical evidence will overturn that which has become to them a religion.

The believers are informed of what their high priests have made of what the Oracle/Climate has babbled and they act accordingly on blind faith. The believers have actually referred to their opposition as heretics.

As it is self-evidently a religion to them, the question arises as to what sort of religion it is. It seems to me, that these believers are born again pagans, decedents of the 1960s hippies, who worship the Green Man. Little Green Men; have you seen one?

Tommy
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
My semi-annual reminder in this thread:

Since most of the posters to this thread who deny climate change think that even if it could be shown conclusively that human-caused climate change *is* occurring, nothing should be done about it, why are we arguing about whether it exists? Either way, you want to do nothing. The argument should be about why you feel nothing should be done in the face of pending catastrophe.

If you do not believe in climate change, and you *would* want something to be done *if* it were proven to exist, then please make that position clear, because in my reading of the last 100 odd pages that does not come across.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

I deny the claimed privilege of big money science business to direct fear and establish belief in planetary do-gooder causes. I keep any claims made about the good/bad/scope of science business matters as within context of evolution, cigarettes-cancer and the common cold. No skepticism required when looking at the irrational. Same folks who can't regrow teeth but will approve toothpaste. The received word of our sponsor.

Infotainment presented in a lab coat by major funding...in the name of our sponsor.

Going back a generation, were you amused by the TV show Wild Kingdom in relation to its sponsor, an insurance company? That's basic media irony teaching cynicism - to ask who benefits.

Are you still growing tobacco chief pointing finger? Smile
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Dec 17, 2016, landmark wrote:
My semi-annual reminder in this thread:

Since most of the posters to this thread who deny climate change think that even if it could be shown conclusively that human-caused climate change *is* occurring, nothing should be done about it, why are we arguing about whether it exists? Either way, you want to do nothing. The argument should be about why you feel nothing should be done in the face of pending catastrophe.

If you do not believe in climate change, and you *would* want something to be done *if* it were proven to exist, then please make that position clear, because in my reading of the last 100 odd pages that does not come across.

Other than tommy who took that position?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Gosh, I'd have to go back through all the pages to tell you that. It's certainly the impression I got--and it may be incorrect--that's why I'm asking for clarification now.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Just this morning I was in the Birmingham city centre, looking up at the largest Green Man statue in the world and wondering, for a good two minutes, what the **** is that doing here. When I starting feeling cold, I knew I had my answer. YN HARDDWCH ANHYGOEL BANNAU BRYCHEINIOG LLE MAE LEYLINELLAU CYFRINIOL YN CYDGYFARFOD YNG NGHANOL COED DERW CYMREIG HYNAFOL, MAE RHYWBETH HUDOL YN YSTWYRIAN...

Tommy
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Brecon Beacons? - you might have a typo in your allcaps text, Tommy?

"YN HARDDWCH ANHYGOEL BANNAU BRYCHEINIOG LLE MAE LEYLINELLAU CYFFREDINOL YN CYFARFOD YNG NGHANOL COED DERW CYMREIG HYNAFOL, MAE RHYWBETH HUDOL YN YSTWYRIAN"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » New Report on Global Warming » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (153 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..33..63..93..123..153~154~155~156~157..171..184..197..210..223..224~225~226 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL