The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » New Report on Global Warming » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (153 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..35..67..99..131..162~163~164~165~166..178..189..200..211..222..224~225~226 [Next]
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18037 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Quote:
On May 8, 2017, ed rhodes wrote:
One hundred and sixty three pages of; "Yes it is!" "No it isn't!"

wow.

I was just to the beach ... It's the same as when I moved here in 2000... The boardwalk at Daytona is exactly the same to the naked eye .. No flooding. No one is drowning .. NOTHING in 17 YEARS!!!!
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Water about the same temperature? Same fish etc?
...to all the coins I've dropped here
NYCTwister
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of NYCTwister
It's hot in Florida now, it was hot 17 years ago.

That's all the proof I need that global warming is just left wing propaganda.
If you need fear to enforce your beliefs, then your beliefs are worthless.
NicholasD
View Profile
Inner circle
1458 Posts

Profile of NicholasD
Quote:
On May 9, 2017, NYCTwister wrote:
It's hot in Florida now, it was hot 17 years ago.

That's all the proof I need that global warming is just left wing propaganda.

See how easy that was? Now maybe this thread will end.
The Hermit
View Profile
Veteran user
301 Posts

Profile of The Hermit
Quote:
On May 8, 2017, landmark wrote:
What is your evidence of working? The extermination of Native peoples in the Americas, Africa, Asia, Australia, and the millions more killed in Vietnam, Iraq, El Salvador, Nicaragua, Libya, Yemen? And that's just the wars, never mind the miserable working and living conditions people live under in most of the economically colonized countries.

Working? That's your evidence?

Most of those countries that you mention have been controlled by dictators and in many cases the communists killed as many or more than the government. Working conditions are always relative. Yes you make a smaller wage at the Nike factory in Vietnam, but you make a smaller wage working in the rice paddy or whatever. I have been to many of those countries and my experience is that the workers are happy to be able to move from abject poverty to the middle class. Talk to a Vietnamese that was there during the communist era and see which they prefer. Contrast El Salvador living/working conditions to those of Costa Rica. Market economy and democracy are the reasons. Famines have never occurred in democratic and market based economies. They happen all the time in the joyous world of the collective where everyone helps everyone else. Please don't bring up Ireland famine as that was facilitated by the English.
The Hermit
View Profile
Veteran user
301 Posts

Profile of The Hermit
Quote:
On May 8, 2017, Dannydoyle wrote:
So what is your solution exactly? Give all the land back to whom and at what point was it "theirs"?

Once again there is no solution, just wailing about unfairness. Conquest, slavery and whatnot was common in the world till the last few centuries. Colonizing is the reason India is successful as well as most of the other British colonies. England was the greatest civilizing force the world has ever known. Look at what happened to the colonies once they were returned. Zimbabwe was far more prosperous and safe when it was Rhodesia. Hell, even Atilla and Genghis Khan improved most of the places they conquered. It always amazes me that Landmark never has a concrete, proven solution to improvement. Life has winners and losers. Always has, always will.
NYCTwister
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of NYCTwister
What does this have to do with climate change?
If you need fear to enforce your beliefs, then your beliefs are worthless.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
THe Hermit wrote:
Quote:
Hell, even Atilla and Genghis Khan improved most of the places they conquered.

Gosh, being conquered sounds like a dream come true! I for one welcome our Canadian overlords with open arms.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18037 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Quote:
On May 9, 2017, Jonathan Townsend wrote:
Water about the same temperature? Same fish etc?

Yes....
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
magicmagicmike
View Profile

0 Posts

Profile of magicmagicmike
Climate change or not, I hope that we will transition to electric vehicles soon. We need to shake off our oil-addiction that feeds oily dictators. When the car companies are delivering what they promise, 2018 might be the break-through year. Fingers crossed.
The Hermit
View Profile
Veteran user
301 Posts

Profile of The Hermit
Quote:
On May 13, 2017, magicmagicmike wrote:
Climate change or not, I hope that we will transition to electric vehicles soon. We need to shake off our oil-addiction that feeds oily dictators. When the car companies are delivering what they promise, 2018 might be the break-through year. Fingers crossed.

Where do you think that electricity comes from? Unicorn farts? The physics of wind and solar won't allow them to replace oil. We will be on oil for many more centuries.
The Hermit
View Profile
Veteran user
301 Posts

Profile of The Hermit
Quote:
On May 10, 2017, landmark wrote:
THe Hermit wrote:
Quote:
Hell, even Atilla and Genghis Khan improved most of the places they conquered.

Gosh, being conquered sounds like a dream come true! I for one welcome our Canadian overlords with open arms.

For many of the people they conquered it was. That is how civilization was spread around the world. Always has been. Cultures evolve at different rates. You have to cross pollinate to make progress. Even today you can go to one of the few remaining workers paradises and live like you did 50 years ago. If people were honest, recolonizing Africa might fix a lot of it's problems. Doesn't seem to be doing too well since the British, Danes, French et al left. We all live under one form of dictatorship - economic, political or cultural. You just have to get the one that allows the most freedom.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Well I was going to write what I thought was a clever reply, but I realize that your self-parody is more than enough.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On May 14, 2017, landmark wrote:
Well I was going to write what I thought was a clever reply, but I realize that your self-parody is more than enough.

I was thinking the same of most of your posts.

I love you to death but your blinders and political silliness are hilariously naive.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1053 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Quote:
On May 10, 2017, landmark wrote:

We were such sh!ts during the first expansion, we've decided to stop. Sorry, no new territories for Canada.

Maybe when (if?) we ever redress the injustices of our previous territorial grab, we'll see about expanding the project. Likely not in our lifetimes.
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
[quote]On May 14, 2017, Dannydoyle wrote:
Quote:
On May 14, 2017, landmark wrote:

I love you to death but your blinders and political silliness are hilariously naive.

Likewise Smile
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Magnus wrote:
Quote:
Sorry, no new territories for Canada.

Darn, and I was hoping you'd conquer us into a better healthcare system. But I'd draw the line at enforced listening to Justin Bieber.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
In the news today: Flammable Ice

Mining methane hydrates.

The ice contains methane.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On May 9, 2017, Slim King wrote:
Quote:
On May 8, 2017, ed rhodes wrote:
One hundred and sixty three pages of; "Yes it is!" "No it isn't!"

wow.

I was just to the beach ... It's the same as when I moved here in 2000... The boardwalk at Daytona is exactly the same to the naked eye .. No flooding. No one is drowning .. NOTHING in 17 YEARS!!!!

So, scientific work, the problems with the polar ice cap, actual research means nothing because you personally can't see the change?
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Personal observation of reality is scientific work. What do think scientific work is; them looking at a commuter model, which is nothing more than virtual reality and you parroting the nonsense they spout, without you using your own eyes?
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » New Report on Global Warming » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (153 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..35..67..99..131..162~163~164~165~166..178..189..200..211..222..224~225~226 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL