The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » New Report on Global Warming » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (153 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..37..71..105..139..170~171~172~173~174..185..195..205..215..224~225~226 [Next]
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18037 Posts

Profile of Slim King
The problem is not too much CO2 .. It's too few plants to use it .. Plant some apple trees, berry bushes, corn, beans, pumpkins, potatoes, carrots and squash .. Things will be better!!!!! No new taxes...Lots of good good...
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
R.S.
View Profile
Regular user
CT one day I'll have
188 Posts

Profile of R.S.
Quote:
On Jun 7, 2017, acesover wrote:
NEWSFLASH: http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/......rs-2017/

Breitbart rates on the extreme end of the bias spectrum:
https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/breitbart/

Anyway, there have been many thousands of peer-reviewed papers that support climate change/GW. A known biased website reporting just 58 papers opposing GW doesn't carry much weight. Especially when it's in opposition to the many prestigious organizations that I listed previously. Do you think the organizations I listed are ALL lying? Or are ALL misinformed? If so, on what basis do you believe that?

Ron
"It is error only, and not truth, that shrinks from inquiry." Thomas Paine
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
3171 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
Quote:
On Jun 7, 2017, Slim King wrote:
The problem is not too much CO2 .. It's too few plants to use it .. Plant some apple trees, berry bushes, corn, beans, pumpkins, potatoes, carrots and squash .. Things will be better!!!!! No new taxes...Lots of good good...

Yes, and then we would have more food, prices would come down, fewer would be starving, and everybody would be happy. You don’t have to be a scientist to use some good common sense. Mother Nature is doing everything it can to take care of us if we could only shut the politicians up.

Tom
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Jun 7, 2017, R.S. wrote:
Quote:

Anyway, there have been many thousands of peer-reviewed papers that support climate change/GW. A known biased website reporting just 58 papers opposing GW doesn't carry much weight. Especially when it's in opposition to the many prestigious organizations that I listed previously. Do you think the organizations I listed are ALL lying? Or are ALL misinformed? If so, on what basis do you believe that?

Ron

Seriously of all the things to bring up you go for media bias? Hilarious.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
R.S.
View Profile
Regular user
CT one day I'll have
188 Posts

Profile of R.S.
Quote:
On Jun 7, 2017, TomBoleware wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 7, 2017, Slim King wrote:

Yes, and then we would have more food, prices would come down, fewer would be starving, and everybody would be happy. You don’t have to be a scientist to use some good common sense. Mother Nature is doing everything it can to take care of us if we could only shut the politicians up.

Tom

What do you mean by “Mother Nature is doing everything it can to take care of us”? Are you saying that the weather/ecosystem has the best interests of humans in mind? Are you saying that the weather/ecosystem is a sentient entity with "goals"? If so, how do you explain the tens of thousands killed every year in earthquakes, floods, tornados, etc.?

Ron
R.S.
View Profile
Regular user
CT one day I'll have
188 Posts

Profile of R.S.
Quote:
On Jun 7, 2017, Dannydoyle wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

Ron

Seriously of all the things to bring up you go for media bias? Hilarious.

Why? Do you not think that media bias is a real thing? I bet you didn't even realize that the site I linked rates bias on BOTH sides of the political spectrum! Anyway, in this case, Breitbart's biased agenda blinds them to the actual science of climate change. Do you agree with that? I could have sworn that you already acknowledged that man-made climate change is a real thing.

Ron
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
But media bias that agrees with your opinion is not bias right?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
R.S.
View Profile
Regular user
CT one day I'll have
188 Posts

Profile of R.S.
Quote:

What about you, Danny? Is media bias that agrees with your opinion not biased??

My opinion is irrelevant to whether or not any particular media outlet exhibits a bias. Again, see my link. It doesn't favor any particular side. If a left-leaning media outlet posted something contrary to science, I would not hesitate to challenge them on it.

Thanks Danny.

Ron
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Anybody making money in the carbon trade and with the global warming idea in general can and do start websites and so on to promote the idea of global warming and put down the opposition. The believers will link to these self-serving sites as if they are independent experts. What they do is such a load of nonsense it makes me laugh.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Quote:
On Jun 7, 2017, tommy wrote:
Anybody making money in the carbon trade ...

Kyoto ... already a market for "allocation units" - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Zealan......g_Scheme

The let's say you believed in AGW...
How do you feel about the Brave New World timescale? is it A. F. yet? Is "Getty" a curse word too?
Is lighting a candle against the dark a no-no?

In the mean time the spice must flow.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Make that $500 Million in admin fees alone, as according to Sassoon it is 5% as opposed to 6% of ten billion.

That is not allocation, rations, that is the business of storage - storing what? Well, I guess basically nothing, some invisible gas.

We the people will be paying for that storage. That is a wonderful business and there are 101 other ways to make a fortune from the scam.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
821 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
Quote:

Ron

I have to answer your question with the same questions you ask. Do you believe those 58 are lying? Or are they all misinformed? If so on what basis do you believe that other that it is what you want to believe?

People believe what they want. Donald Trump won the election but lost the popular vote. However if you take away one state he positively killed both the popular vote and the electoral college. People believe what they want to believe. If a thousand people spout a lie it is still a lie. If only two people tell the truth it is still the truth. People believe what they want to believe. I am not even arguing about climate change. I am just stating some simple facts of human nature, that being that people believe what they want to believe. Smile
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
Quote:

My opinion is irrelevant to whether or not any particular media outlet exhibits a bias. Again, see my link. It doesn't favor any particular side. If a left-leaning media outlet posted something contrary to science, I would not hesitate to challenge them on it.

Thanks Danny.

Ron

Yea see you have a record that kind of implies that isn't true. The is NO WAY any media source can be 100% right yet you never stand against left leaning shying except to claim it should be MORE left leaning. So you just can't really back that noon partisan claim up.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Most don’t – they believe whatever they are told by the authorities without questioning it. They are trained from birth to obey, trust, authority and that is why.

Tommy
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18037 Posts

Profile of Slim King
It's a scam .. I went down to the shoreline the other day .. No flooding .. it's just the same as 20 years ago.... Scientists lose their grant money if they tell the truth....
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
According to the alarmists, Slim should have drowned on that shoreline, in boiling sea water.

Tommy
R.S.
View Profile
Regular user
CT one day I'll have
188 Posts

Profile of R.S.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Ron

I have to answer your question with the same questions you ask. Do you believe those 58 are lying? Or are they all misinformed? If so on what basis do you believe that other that it is what you want to believe?

People believe what they want. Donald Trump won the election but lost the popular vote. However if you take away one state he positively killed both the popular vote and the electoral college. People believe what they want to believe. If a thousand people spout a lie it is still a lie. If only two people tell the truth it is still the truth. People believe what they want to believe. I am not even arguing about climate change. I am just stating some simple facts of human nature, that being that people believe what they want to believe. Smile

If, as you say, you are not arguing against climate change, why did you post that article???

I don't know whether or not those who authored those 58 papers were lying or misinformed. But I DO know that Breitbart has an extreme right bias. I also know that the overwhelming majority scientific consensus supports man made climate change (again, see my list/link of 190 prestigious organizations). And if the overwhelming majority scientific consensus did NOT support climate change, then I would accept that view. It's that simple. (in fact, at one time I did NOT accept climate change, but I was forced to change my view on that as the evidence for it mounted over the years)

So now I ask (again) that you address my question, since you avoided answering it.

You are correct - some people (probably most) believe what they want. But do you agree that we need to be on guard against that human tendency, and to conform our beliefs (as best we can) to the available evidence?

Not sure what point you're trying to make about DT and "taking away one state." Why would you want to "take away" a state?? Isn't it possible that one can make similar points for HC by conveniently taking/adding states? What are you getting at?

Ron
R.S.
View Profile
Regular user
CT one day I'll have
188 Posts

Profile of R.S.
Quote:
On Jun 8, 2017, Dannydoyle wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks Danny.

Ron

Yea see you have a record that kind of implies that isn't true. The is NO WAY any media source can be 100% right yet you never stand against left leaning shying except to claim it should be MORE left leaning. So you just can't really back that noon partisan claim up.

Please give me an example where I said a media outlet "should be MORE left leaning".

You didn't answer the question... What about you, Danny? Is media bias that agrees with your opinion not biased??

And isn't it true that you have already acknowledged that man made climate change is real? And that the dispute is what to do about it? (not putting words in your mouth here - I truly want to understand your position)

Ron
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Jun 8, 2017, R.S. wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 8, 2017, Dannydoyle wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks Danny.

Ron

Please give me an example where I said a media outlet "should be MORE left leaning".

You didn't answer the question... What about you, Danny? Is media bias that agrees with your opinion not biased??

And isn't it true that you have already acknowledged that man made climate change is real? And that the dispute is what to do about it? (not putting words in your mouth here - I truly want to understand your position)

Ron

You wanting single payer health care is an example of needing more left policy.

And of course any source is bias. BUT my point is that YOU NEVER are critical of left leaning sources. You ALWAYS defend them. You are a partisan hack plain and simple.

As for the climate, man MUST affect it. How can we not? Now is it something we can reverse, is it something that is worth the money to try to control and is it worth giving up freedom and such? Well those are the policy debates that get sticky.

OF COURSE we have impact on our environment. You can not live some place and not. Is it good or bad? THAT is the question. Pollution is a good example. Old mother nature will not take care of it regardless of those who seem to think the rain washes the air. (Oh how dumb.) We are the ones who should be smart enough to take care of our planet. Yes it will eventually clean itself in a billion years once we are gone. It will shake us off like a bad cold. BUT who wants that?

Heck from a SELFISH point of view we need to make it habitable for OURSELVES! Planet will eventually be ok on a billion year time frame. We may be 3 evolutionary cycles down the road and long distant memories! Who wants that?

Now do we need to throw ourselves into economic Armageddon to do it? No.

The problem is simply that it is an economic ideological debate disguised as science and doomsday prophecy.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
3171 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
Danny I will agree that the effect of rain is small. BUT to think that rain doesn’t wash some of the pollen and other harmful stuff from the air is as dumb as it gets. It helps in that area for awhile and I cannot believe you don't know that. Have you ever even walked outside? I bet you have never smelled good clean air right after a rain. You must live like a hermit.

Tom
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » New Report on Global Warming » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (153 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..37..71..105..139..170~171~172~173~174..185..195..205..215..224~225~226 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL