The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » New Report on Global Warming (134 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..42..81..120..159..198~199~200~201~202..207..211..215..219..221~222~223 [Next]
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4077 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Feb 3, 2018, Dannydoyle wrote:
I can't imagine going through life thinking the sky is falling and our country sucks.

It only sucks when their side isn't the majority.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
18864 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
That does seem to be a contributing factor for many political types of both flavors.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
26709 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Global_warming
Quote:
While projections of the potential (maximum) temperature rise resulting from a doubling of CO2 have ranged from 2°C to 6°C, there's broad agreement that anything above 2°C will mean we are beyond recovery. The International Energy Agency suggests that the window to prevent this from occurring will close by 2020,[16] a view shared by the OECD.[17] So let's get cracking.

Looks pretty close to the millennial/apocalypse/end is nigh message pattern we've seen as recently as 2012 and 2000 before that.

Then there's the divisive "denialist/warmist" language to validate the believers in a world where holocaust denial continues and some folks are pushing for a "right to forget".

if you're reading that page - check out the "rapid space colonization" mention. Consider the environmental costs of moving a thousand (or a dozen) people into space.

Recalling that episode of Seinfeld, Sanity now Smile
...to all the coins I've dropped here
NYCTwister
View Profile
Loyal user
279 Posts

Profile of NYCTwister
If you need fear to enforce your beliefs, then your beliefs are worthless.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
26709 Posts

NYCTwister
View Profile
Loyal user
279 Posts

Profile of NYCTwister
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
26709 Posts

Quote:
...$7 billion at the creation of solar and wind farms. The hope is that this push towards clean energy will be able to provide the kingdom with close to 10% of its internal energy needs.

10% ??
NYCTwister
View Profile
Loyal user
279 Posts

Profile of NYCTwister
Cheap right?

Besides, they'll make it up selling the excess to the countries that fall behind. Smile
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
751 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Twister must have missed the 10% part. Not gonna be a lot of excess to sell to anyone.
NYCTwister
View Profile
Loyal user
279 Posts

Profile of NYCTwister
As it said in the article, they'll sell the excess oil that they won't need.

Probably to the countries going backwards.
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
751 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Oh, so you think Saudi Arabia might start selling oil to other countries?!? What a shock Captain Obvious!
NYCTwister
View Profile
Loyal user
279 Posts

Profile of NYCTwister
Wow.

You're like world class pathetic.

I guess that trip to the proctologist didn't help.

I guess a masochist like yourself likes chronic pain.
Smile Smile Smile
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
18864 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Instead of just lashing out with your non funny "wit", why not explain where he is mistaken?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
NYCTwister
View Profile
Loyal user
279 Posts

Profile of NYCTwister
Quote:
On Feb 8, 2018, Dannydoyle wrote:
Instead of just lashing out with your non funny "wit", why not explain where he is mistaken?

Don't make me laugh.

Neither he, nor you, want a conversation -
about anything.

Had he read the article he wouldn't have posted, since what I was saying was obvious.

He posted because he just can't get over his hurt....feelings.

That's why he, and you, constantly go out of your way to respond to the posts of anyone who calls out your nonsense.

Talk about Captains Obvious.

Want to prove me wrong?
Go try to bother someone else.

Besides, you guys really should try to enjoy the time you have left running the schools.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
18864 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
My lord you are bitter. You can't answer him with an answer so you make up this hurt feeling stuff and lash out LOL. HILARIOUS and predictable as the tides.

Now do you want to answer his question or just be mean and nasty and accuse others of stuff because you can't? I know where my money is. See it is YOUR nonsense that is getting called out and you are the one crying. Then you project that onto others. It is classic behavior and you do it all the time.

But do you want to act like an adult and use your words and explain why Saudi Arabia selling excess oil is a news flash to you? Why is someone who is just so much smarter than the entire world like yourself shocked to realize that Saudi Arabia, a MAJOR oil producing country, might want to sell some of the excess oil in their possession to other countries that might not have as much as they do and need or want it? How can this have slipped past the most extraordinary mind of our time, which is you according to your posts? You know absolutely everything about everything and this simple formula escaped your notice.

Here this might help. http://www.worldstopexports.com/worlds-t......country/

THEN when Rockwall points out that they might actually be selling excess oil you call him pathetic and claim WE don't want to have a conversation. You claim we have hurt feelings because of being called on OUR nonsense.

Grow up.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
NYCTwister
View Profile
Loyal user
279 Posts

Profile of NYCTwister
Danny it should be obvious, even to you dinosaurs, that ALL you're going to get from me is sarcasm, and/or -
Smile Smile Smile

If you two keep following me around displaying your FTG hurt feelings, then I'm going to assume that that's what you want.

I've come to the conclusion that masochism is a side effect of being a FTG.

The good news is that house calls are coming back!
Maybe you can find someone who specializes in paleontological proctology who will visit you in your bubble.
Smile Smile Smile
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
18864 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
So no answer. You're just not as smart as you claim. Thanks for proving it yet again.

Sarcasm being the chief tool of a weak mind it is just not shocking that it is all you ever have.

I hope you are not shocked by more things like the chief exporter of oil may export oil. No wonder you are always so cranky.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
NYCTwister
View Profile
Loyal user
279 Posts

Profile of NYCTwister
Well, there's your answer, so here you go -

Smile Smile Smile
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
26709 Posts

Only ten percent.
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2638 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On Feb 8, 2018, Jonathan Townsend wrote:
Only ten percent.

If we could reduce oil use by ten percent, that would not be a bad thing. I, for one, never said wind/solar or any other alternative energy source was going to replace oil, I’d just like to see oil use reduced. That would also reduce the carbons going into the air and poisons into the water.
"He was born with the gift of laughter and a sense that the world was mad." - Rafael Sabatini, Scaramouche
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » New Report on Global Warming (134 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..42..81..120..159..198~199~200~201~202..207..211..215..219..221~222~223 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.25 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL