The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » New Report on Global Warming » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (153 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..26..49..72..95..118~119~120~121~122..143..163..183..203..223..224~225~226 [Next]
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
What makes you think your questions must be answered?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Pop Haydn
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3691 Posts

Profile of Pop Haydn
How could anyone question my scientific credentials?

I have a solution to Global Warming!

Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I'm voting Pop.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Pop Haydn
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3691 Posts

Profile of Pop Haydn
Thanks for your support, Danny!

Pop Haydn
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3691 Posts

Profile of Pop Haydn
Meanwhile:

"As global temperatures soar, wildfires rage and sea ice levels dwindle to record lows, a luxury cruise company has found a way to make a pretty penny off our rapidly changing climate.

"The Crystal Serenity set off from Seward, Alaska, Tuesday, on a 32-day voyage through the Northwest Passage. The sea route that connects the Pacific and Atlantic oceans was historically impassable, but global warming is transforming the Arctic and its ecosystem."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/crys......olitics&
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18028 Posts

Profile of Slim King
This is awesome!!!! Profits already from nature!!!! You forgot to mention the two Ice breakers leading the way ... Smile
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
According to the climate hysterics, the warming has sunk to the bottom of the ocean, which sounds a bit fishy because according to thermodynamics heat will rise. Let us look on the bright side though; with climate hysteric science we now the ability to fly hot air balloons under the sea.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
Huffington Post Pop! LOL!!!!!! I love reading the Huffington Post....... when I need a good laugh!!
Check out Bafflingbob.com
Pop Haydn
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3691 Posts

Profile of Pop Haydn
Quote:
On Aug 23, 2016, RNK wrote:
Huffington Post Pop! LOL!!!!!! I love reading the Huffington Post....... when I need a good laugh!!

So you don't believe the cruise ship is going to try to make it through the Northwest Passage? Huffington Post is lying?
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
It is a hologram. Easy. Saw it on Star Trek.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Aug 23, 2016, Pop Haydn wrote:
Quote:
On Aug 23, 2016, RNK wrote:

So you don't believe the cruise ship is going to try to make it through the Northwest Passage? Huffington Post is lying?

Of course they will make it! My fault Pop. Shame they had to throw in [b]RAPIDLY changing climate[b] otherwise this would have been an OK article.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I just wish we could get past terms like "hysterics" and talk like adults.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Pop Haydn
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3691 Posts

Profile of Pop Haydn
"An ice-free Northwest Passage was once the stuff of legend. But it’s now becoming the norm thanks to global warming, and commercial freighters to luxury cruise ships are racing to turn a profit off the newest frontier on earth.

"A satellite image taken on Aug. 9 and published by NASA Earth Observatory shows a nearly ice-free path from the North Atlantic to the Pacific Ocean. In comparison to 2013, which was a high ice year for the Arctic — at least by modern standards (it was still the sixth-lowest extent on record!)" — it’s clear just how dramatic this year is:

http://www.climatecentral.org/news/ice-f......ge-20624
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
The Little Ice Age is thought to have been one of the reasons that the Vikings ceased sailing into the Northwest Passage in the late 15th century.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Aug 23, 2016, tommy wrote:
The Little Ice Age is thought to have been one of the reasons that the Vikings ceased sailing into the Northwest Passage in the late 15th century.

WHAT! An ICE AGE when there was no manufacturing and fossil fuels and CO2 emissions! Now now Tommy, stop that nonsense talk. Maybe all the Vikings just had a very bad year of eating bad meat that caused a lot of methane emissions that contributed to this Ice Age?
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Odin, Odin, send a wind and turn the tide!

Tommy
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18028 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Quote:
On Aug 23, 2016, Dannydoyle wrote:

I like your position on this Danny .. It is truly common ground!
Bottom line. If you can prove to me without any doubt that humans are causing the temperature to rise to an intolerable level I'd her more than happy to discuss the options. However, this 'proof" is only conjecture at this time.
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
In the tradition of a Viking funeral, the body is placed aboard a long boat that is set afire, and left to sail out to sea as it takes the fallen warrior to Valhalla. When the practice ceased the Northwest Passage iced over, proving the childish climate hysterics correct because the burning obviously released tons of CO2. So the options then are an iced over Northwest Passage or a Northwest Passage which the Viking can sail through.

Tommy
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Aug 24, 2016, Slim King wrote:
Quote:

Bottom line. If you can prove to me without any doubt that humans are causing the temperature to rise to an intolerable level I'd her more than happy to discuss the options. However, this 'proof" is only conjecture at this time.

OK so lets get past the doomsday prophesy from others also. Do you think moving to a cleaner planet is a bad thing? Do you think it is a good goal to have better tech?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Aug 24, 2016, Slim King wrote:
Quote:

Exactly Slim. Further, no one here has ever tried to answer and explain the question I posed many times:

How do you explain the MANY documented climate changes throughout the Earth's history (including ICE Ages to HOT climates) when man was NOT on the Earth and in the present day try to say in the past 100+ years (which is such a infinitesimally small time of data collection) MAN is causing GW when nature itself was the cause of previous climate changes that were WAY more extreme?

Hoping someone can answer this question. Maybe NYCTwister will step up to the plate since he claims to want to discredit my science background and share with all of us his educational experience and knowledge in science?

RNK
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » New Report on Global Warming » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (153 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..26..49..72..95..118~119~120~121~122..143..163..183..203..223..224~225~226 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL