The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » New Report on Global Warming (134 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..47..91..135..179..223~224~225
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
26720 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Who is the "them" hurt by hearing the truth?
https://theintercept.com/2018/06/02/real......ituency/
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
18872 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Jun 21, 2018, rockwall wrote:
I'm going to have to disagree with Danny on this one. If NYC thinks his juvenile taunts hurt someone, it's probably because he has a much higher opinion of himself than he deserves. I actually would encourage him to continue with the silly name calling, and childish posts. If nothing else it helps to clearly illustrate who he really is.

I have to admit this is a good point.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
NYCTwister
View Profile
Loyal user
279 Posts

Profile of NYCTwister
Quote:
On Jun 21, 2018, rockwall wrote:
I'm going to have to disagree with Danny on this one. If NYC thinks his juvenile taunts hurt someone, it's probably because he has a much higher opinion of himself than he deserves. I actually would encourage him to continue with the silly name calling, and childish posts. If nothing else it helps to clearly illustrate who he really is.

My opinion of myself isn't the point, you just bring it up to deflect like a good little puppet.

My opinion of you is MY point and it's accurate; but somehow your being a OWCFTG is my fault?

I've got to admit - you've learned your lessons well. Your new lord and master would be proud. Smile
If you need fear to enforce your beliefs, then your beliefs are worthless.
NYCTwister
View Profile
Loyal user
279 Posts

Profile of NYCTwister
Quote:
On Jun 21, 2018, Dannydoyle wrote:
It certainly seems to upset you.

It upsets me when people with the same privileges, spewing the same despicable nonsense, with invariably with the same corrupt moral base have the power to effect change; but that doesn't apply to those here.

The Truppets here are just suckers. Sadly they think he thinks they're special; but they're not.

They're just next.
If you need fear to enforce your beliefs, then your beliefs are worthless.
R.S.
View Profile
Veteran user
CT one day I'll have
388 Posts

Profile of R.S.
Quote:
On Jun 21, 2018, Dannydoyle wrote:
You defend every b.s. claim made. Come on be honest about it. You have a political leaning that you throw into all your scientific beliefs.

And the tactic of misquoting me won't work. I never said science was stupid. Nice try. Like I said can't we try honesty just once from you?

What “b.s.” claims have I ever defended? Are you implying that climate change/AGW is b.s.? (and you still haven’t answered my question… do you deny that AGW is occurring?)

What are my “scientific” beliefs that you’re referring to, Danny? To clarify, I don’t have a menu of “scientific” beliefs, per se. I try to hold beliefs for good, sound reasons. And if it turns out that science supports them, so much the better. If it turns out that an issue is complicated and requires the resources of a community of specialized scientists to research, then I will defer to their studied conclusions (who would I be to disagree??). And if it turns out that one political party accepts the science on an issue and one party doesn’t, then I will be in agreement with the party that defers to science ON THAT ONE PARTICULAR ISSUE. I think that's the way to go, don't you?

I posted a link to an article that quotes scientists and links to scientific studies in order to give a scientific answer to your question. Your response was “how stupid”. It’s therefore not a stretch to infer that you don’t have much respect for the science. Or do you? Do you accept the current scientific consensus that AGW is occurring, Danny? How about some honesty... from YOU!

Ron
"It is error only, and not truth, that shrinks from inquiry." Thomas Paine
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
18872 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
You regularly deflect questions with other questions and demands for answers. It is divot not worth talking with you.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
26720 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Quote:
On Jun 12, 2018, NYCTwister wrote:
...Each country must alter it's laws so that it's in the companies financial self interest to do things in the least damaging way - if at all.

Least damaging to their wealthy financiers quarterly bottom line? Or what? Says who? Or as another Café member might post it: Introducing O. M. A. C.

The plot of "Rule 34" is starting to look almost ecological...if you don't mind broken allegories and a huge risk of... Smile

*comic nobrainer version - the plot of the comicbook was the UN launched a superman to thwart corporate/tycoon/threats. http://www.writeups.org/omac-dc-comics-j......version/
...to all the coins I've dropped here
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » New Report on Global Warming (134 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..47..91..135..179..223~224~225
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.26 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL