The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » C0DEX V3NEFICIUM (19 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3..7..10..13..16..19..23~24~25 [Next]
RandyScott
View Profile
Loyal user
258 Posts

Profile of RandyScott
A few weeks ago, two guys did a bizarre magic lecture at the local SAM meeting. Everything they did was fantastic! One of the guys performed an incredible effect with an old book, and the magician he performed it for was literally brought to tears! After the lecture, I approached him in regards to the book and he told me it was actually a product he had developed. Apparently, he had made it for himself and after people caught wind of it they asked him to make some for them, so he decided to do a really limited release online. I gave him my email and he said he’d let me know as soon as they were available.

They are now available at http://www.codex-arcana.com in themajor arcana section. They look so beautiful in person and for it to make a fellow magician cry says a lot. He had the magician/spectator think of someone of importance to him that has passed away (one of the darker routines that can be done) and proceeded to, with nothing written or spoken (book-test style), reveal information about his loved one. He was “drawn” to one fortune in the book. After he read it, Joe (the spectator) started getting teary-eyed. When he revealed not only the accurate reading about the person but then their date of birth as well, the tears started flowing and afterwards that guy put in an order for one, too.

Mine just got to me and I couldn’t be happier. They’re all handmade and look really nice. The artwork on the pages is great, too.
Check this out...You'll be glad you did.
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
I like what I see here. I never heard of it but sounds great!

To make people cry is a strong routine.

Best
Ray
jesse_james_mcguire
View Profile
Regular user
172 Posts

Profile of jesse_james_mcguire
Wow, this looks great! Friday can't come soon enough, haha. I'll be placing multiple bizarre orders with that paycheck and this will be one of them.
ZoOpDoG
View Profile
Veteran user
All the cool people have
311 Posts

Profile of ZoOpDoG
That looks amazing. I would love to save that one for that occasional drunk guy in the group whos showing his ass. Drop a nasty death date on him and send him out the door.
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
Looks to be a nice prop, a bit expensive for an impulse buy, must admit I am temptd though.
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
Brynmore13
View Profile
Elite user
Australia
485 Posts

Profile of Brynmore13
I took the plunge, couldn't help myself. Will give it a review when it arrives.
All is perceived through the gate of the mind.
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Not a book test but something that touches someone's emotions. Now that is interesting.

I bet this would plays big, but it might be difficult asking someone to think of someone that they cared about who had pass.....

No wonder people gets teary eyed.

I am so close to buying this. I wonder how many there are.

Best
Ray
jglumley
View Profile
Loyal user
Kansas City
244 Posts

Profile of jglumley
I will be waiting at the Gallows for your review Brynmore13!
The "18"
jesse_james_mcguire
View Profile
Regular user
172 Posts

Profile of jesse_james_mcguire
I couldn't wait until friday so I went ahead and ordered. Can't wait to get it
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
This looks very, very good. I want to make people cry.
Have my wallet at my finger tips, waiting for your review Brynmore13. No pressure or anything...
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
ZoOpDoG
View Profile
Veteran user
All the cool people have
311 Posts

Profile of ZoOpDoG
I am curious how big cold Rd techniques play on this vs. how much is done by design. Whats the learning curve and reliability of the item to give me something to present, even if its a bail out, if the Cld Rd goes bad. I hope your review comes before I have money in my account. My impulse is always "buy now". I have a lot of trouble remembering that look and leap are not the same thing. My honest first reaction is that parts of this go to far but my ego usually !@#$% slaps that thought and demands ownership.
bobbyhasbun
View Profile
Loyal user
288 Posts

Profile of bobbyhasbun
Zoopdog,

cold reading is only optional. I'm not an expert cold reader myself, so I don't use it in my performances. the "reading" you give about their thought of person, or of the spectator themselves, is written in the book for you. you just read the fortune at their date aloud, either before or after revealing the date through one of the many ideas explained (tying a pendulum to the ribbon inside the book is a nice touch, and th***wr***rs create the most ridiculous effect ever in conjunction with this).

as far as this going too far, that's all optional. most of the time I just perform it to a spectator and reveal THEIR date of birth. sometimes, thanks to th***wr***rs, I show that, on the inside cover of the book has been written for who knows how many decades their exact date of birth, down to the year, even!

the loved one routine is only for darker settings, maybe even for seances. instead, you can just have them think of a living relative or friend if you'd like, as opposed to a deceased one. personally, I find that revealing the spectator's date of birth is more than strong enough.

as far as death date goes, I've only revealed that one time. to someone who, out of the blue after me revealing their date or birth, asked me if it can tell us his date of death. I told him that it could, but I didn't recommend it. he insisted. I told him a date and he was very satisfied. this is all covered in the light vs dark essay of the instructions. revealing someone's date of death is not recommended, especially when they're absolutely convinced of the book's powers

thanks for your interest!
bobbyhasbun
View Profile
Loyal user
288 Posts

Profile of bobbyhasbun
Learning curve-wise, it's very simple to pick up and you'll be able to do it the very same day.
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

What a strange book and I mean that in a good way.

I am liking it more and more
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Well, what can I say?

I just bought it.......

Ray
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Will this be limited ?

And,if so,how many ?

Waiting,for reviews...
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
MrWall
View Profile
New user
Wished he had more than
99 Posts

Profile of MrWall
It said 100 copies only on the site.
bobbyhasbun
View Profile
Loyal user
288 Posts

Profile of bobbyhasbun
Although the website does say "limited quantities", it does not specify. I can tell you, though, that only 50 were printed and the majority is gone. Once they're gone, I'll make 50 more, and that will be it forever.

So, MrWall is correct- even though I don't know how he found that out Smile

Thanks for your interest!
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Thanks,Bobby ! I was guessing at 100,but did not see anything on site,so why I asked...
And,wanted to make sure I had time to order and get one! Smile

~G
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
MrWall
View Profile
New user
Wished he had more than
99 Posts

Profile of MrWall
Strange, I was sure I read it somewhere.. Maybe I'm psychic after all. Who needs the book? Smile

Bryn.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » C0DEX V3NEFICIUM (19 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3..7..10..13..16..19..23~24~25 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL