The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Problems with Dancing hankherchiefs (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

JBiesecker
View Profile
Regular user
Pennsylvania
144 Posts

Profile of JBiesecker
The Dancing Hankherchief has always been a great routine, especially the modern motorized versions. But there's at least one major problem I'm having, and I'm wondering if anyone else is having this trouble or has any suggestions. It's the new "ITS" by Sean Bogunia that I'm using. It's such a great idea, and I was really looking forward to it. But it has become quite disappointing, partly because the thread is constantly getting caught on the spools. I've had fair success with his "Ultra Dancing Hank", but so far almost no luck at all with "ITS". The thread also seems to break quite easily. Does anyone have any suggestions? It's gotten so frustrating that I'm almost to the point of trying to send it back.

On a seperate note, the instruction video didn't give very much info on stage setups. Does anyone know of any instruction videos that better explain stage set ups for dancing hankherchief routines such as this?
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
You have one of a kind, invented and manufactured by Sean Bogunia. I don't believe anyone but him can help you with his merchandise. Have you reached out to Sean Bogunia with your concerns and questions.

If you are breaking the thread, I would say you are being to rough with the device, and you need a lot more patience and practice. Seems you may be rushing the learning process. You have to go slow at the beginning and study what you may be doing to catch the thread and how you may be mishandling the device, then train yourself not to make these same mistakes any longer. I thought Sean Bogunia announced he came up this a new design that prevented the thread from getting caught.

This is something you will not learn in a week or so, the few videos I have seen of most people that try to do the dancing hanks are very poor simply because they do not get the movements and "acting" that has to go into this effect.

If you are to devote the time into learning this, you have to set aside an hour or two everyday to practice these moves until they become second nature. This is not an automatic magic act, but a device to accomplish entertaining your audiences.

Contact Sean Bogunia is your best solution.
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
One Dancing Handkerchief I saw used a Zombie-type, articulated system. Anyone familiar with that one? Is it still available?

Doug
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Doug, there are copies of the original Don Wayne Dancing Hank, but Don Wayne gave the rights to Sean Bogunia, Sean then developed his Ultimate Dancing Hank with all the additional advantages and capabilities of his new version. These used a Zombie type gimmick as you stated.

http://seanbogunia.com/ultimatehank1.html

Here is the copy:
http://www.abbottmagic.com/Dancing-Handk......oryId=-1

Here is the copy or another version of the electronic Dancing Hank, not as advanced as Sean Bogunia's version:
http://www.abbottmagic.com/Interactive-H......oryId=-1
Ekuth
View Profile
Inner circle
Floating above my
1538 Posts

Profile of Ekuth
For the definitive work on the Dancing Hank and animating other objects, I suggest picking up a copy of Michael A. Ching's 'New Animations'; it's the most comprehensive and thorough work on the subject matter I've ever found and gives multiple option and variations to produce the effect.

As far as the ITS, it sounds as though either you need more practice with it, or to use a better line. I would recommend Fearson's Vectra X2. Otherwise, I would contact Sean Begunia as Bill suggested.
"All you need is in Fitzkee."
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Sean Begunia offers "Support" when you purchase his products.

It says so here and how to contact him with any of your questions. You can also call him for over the telephone advice.

http://seanbogunia.com/support2.html
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Feel free to PM me if you have a Don Wayne DH you want to unload... Smile

Doug
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
When I played soccer, I hit
1777 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
I agree with contacting Sean. I use his non-thread Dancing Hank, and he's always been available to answer questions and provide helpful support.
Arthur Stead
royalty-free music and interactive routines
www.arthurstead.com
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7658 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Ching's book is very good for the more traditional methods of dancing hank. But you need to talk to Sean on his. He will give you help.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
I need to find a copy of Ching's book. This could be what I'm looking for...thanks Richard! Ha! Nary a copy to be found! Sca-REW this. I don't know what I was thinking... Smile

Doug
Greg755
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of Greg755
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Fantastic Greg! I have a PDF, but want a hard copy. Thanks! Smile

Doug
Greg755
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of Greg755
JB - It's been about 9 months now, since you started this post, how did all this turn out?
JBiesecker
View Profile
Regular user
Pennsylvania
144 Posts

Profile of JBiesecker
Thankfully I did eventually perfect it. I wrote more about it on this post. http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=54
Blackington
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of Blackington
Hi all - I'm a bit late in coming to the "hank party" -- but I do intend on purchasing one of the various models that Sean has for sale. And I'll be glad to return to these chats if the wonderful mechanism suddenly stops functioning as well as the Magical Act needs it to. Thanks for the beginning information - so helpful, yes!

-Chris
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Problems with Dancing hankherchiefs (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL