The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Roni Shachnaey Book (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
ajb6864
View Profile
Special user
Greece
637 Posts

Profile of ajb6864
Hello all,

Please excuse the shameless plug, but I thought this news would be of real interest to the vast majority of readers of this board.

I have just returned from my weekly meet up with my good friend Roni Shachnaey and spent the afternoon reading through the final draft of his forthcoming book 'Mystic'.

To most people, Roni will need no introduction, so I will not need to expound the merits of the man, other than to say that he is appreciated by all that know him! I will however tell you that the book itself is Roni's lifetime of mentalism and bizarre knowledge encapsulated fantastically well by author Steve Drury.

As well as 40+ effects/ideas detailed in the book, there is also his personal approach to 'readings' which has been a backbone to his success over many years. Anyone that has witnessed Roni's performances will know the power of many of the routines included. For those that haven't, you are in for a treat.

With a foreword by Docc Hilford and personal notes from Todd Landman, Sheila Lyon and Guy Bavli (one of Roni's students) and cover artwork by Dan Baines, this has winner written all over it!

Whilst I have been one of many people pestering Roni to put all of his material into a book, I am slightly p*ssed off that he has included 2 of the most powerful seance themed pieces that we are planning to use in our upcoming theatrical seance!

Although this has not been released yet, hold on to some of your Xmas spending money or put it on your list to Santa - you are going to want this.

Alan
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
I am looking forward to this book.

Best
Ray
Joshua J
View Profile
Inner circle
1044 Posts

Profile of Joshua J
Excellent news Alan. Roni was one of the first bizarre performers I ever saw and his ability to tell a story, to put together props is superb. The odd times I've got to see his lectures have been excellent and the performances have stayed with me after, so to have some of his material collected is superb news.
Jon_Thompson
View Profile
Inner circle
Darkest Cheshire
2404 Posts

Profile of Jon_Thompson
Roni is the Jewish Grandfather I never had!
espkeith
View Profile
Veteran user
CT, USA
354 Posts

Profile of espkeith
Kind of bad timing with the release of it, but looking forward to hearing more about this one.
Roni
View Profile
Elite user
405 Posts

Profile of Roni
Hi All,
The things I could say at present are:
The book will be out in about one week. It will have hard cover designed by Dan Baines. 40+ effects. Some 250 pages and will include my Reading methods. The material is all tried and tested and been used for many years in my own shows.
The first 25 to buy the book will receive a unique gift:
My very own READING CLOTH that makes your Reading very accurate deep and interesting. This cloth alone is sold for £15.
The final price for the book will be divulged in a few days but in the meanwhile you can if you wish express your interest by emailing me: houseofdarknessuk@msn.com giving your name using the word MYSTIC in the body of the email and you will be one of the first ones to receive more news regarding the book and your name will go on the list of the first 25.
One more note: I don't intend to have too many books printed my aim is to have a reasonable circulation but not more than that for obvious reasons.
I hope this information will help
Looking forward to hearing from you
Roni
bobbyhasbun
View Profile
Loyal user
288 Posts

Profile of bobbyhasbun
Reserved! Can't wait!!!
MagiChrisMitch
View Profile
Special user
702 Posts

Profile of MagiChrisMitch
Quote:
On 2013-10-30 12:33, bobbyhasbun wrote:
Reserved! Can't wait!!!

+ 1 for me!
Lord Freddie
View Profile
Inner circle
1093 Posts

Profile of Lord Freddie
Roni is a genius and a great friend, this book will be an essential classic.
Roni
View Profile
Elite user
405 Posts

Profile of Roni
Hi all,
We have now concluded that the book should be sold for £75 a unit.
A large number of you registered their interest in the book. As I said the first 25 will
get the Reading cloth as a bonus with the book. The cloth on its own cost £15 and the info
Of how to work with this cloth is fully explained in the Reading section of the book.
Should you buy it on its own I will let you have the explanation how to
Work with it.
I will advise you how to purchase the book in the next couple of days but as I said
Please carry on registering your interest by emailing me direct: houseofdarknessuk@msn.com
Any question will be respectfully answered.
Should you want to purchase the Reading cloth on its own please send £18.50 (Cloth + postage)
Via paypal to my email address houseofdarknessuk@msn.com
Please also email me with any questions you may have.
Thanks for your interest
Roni
DrTodd
View Profile
Inner circle
1976 Posts

Profile of DrTodd
I have known and worked with Roni for the last six years and he has completely transformed the way I approach mystery entertainment. This collection really is astonishingly good. There are amazing methods, stories, tips, scripts, and tools for a lifetime of performance. I am honoured to have been invited to write a few words and to have seen so many of these effects and routines performed. The reading cloth is extraordinary and gives you a ready made system for giving powerful readings. I cannot count the hours spent with Roni discussing magic, Mentalism, bizarre, and more....this book is already a classic. So excited that it has come to fruition!

Best wishes

Todd
Roni
View Profile
Elite user
405 Posts

Profile of Roni
Hi All,
I am pleased to announce that you can now buy my book MYSTIC by using this address: http://www.lulu.com/content/hardcover-book/mystic/14203188
The price for this hard cover book is £75 (Less than £2 per effect) The book includes my very own very accurate Kabbalistic reading systems that served me very well for many years.
Those that put a "Reserve" on the book in order to get the free Reading Cloth will be contacted direct by myself within the next couple of days. There are FIVE more cloths to go before this offer is withdrawn and those of you that want to get the last 5 cloths should buy the book and email me directly as soon as possible quoting their name and address in order that I can send them the Reading Cloth.

This book has over 40 effects/routines that are tried and tested. Over 250 pages and took years to complete.
Thank you very much for your interest
Roni
aviso
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of aviso
It could only happen on Halloween .... I can now tell you all that 'Mystic' is now available here :

http://www.lulu.com/shop/steve-drury-and......777A20BB !

As Alan so succinctly put it - Mystic encapsulates a lifetime of Roni's Shachnaey's mentalism and bizarre knowledge. Hardbound, with over 250 pages, it featuring 40+ effects and ideas from his professional repertoire plus his personal approach to Numerology, Tarot and Palm readings. Foreword by Docc Hilford ....

I've posted a download preview on my website: http://www.stevedrury.com/Magicians_Only/Mystic_Preview.pdf

I have known Roni for a number of years and been fortunate to have been taught and mentored by him - and invariably exchange a swathe of ideas - so I leapt at the prospect of co-authoring this book with him.
OK I'am biased - but I do place some of Roni's creativity up there with the greats. This book is genuine mind candy!.
gothicmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Ubiquitous
1374 Posts

Profile of gothicmagic
Roni my friend,
I'm glad you decided to do this, as the art grows it is welcome news that you will be sharing your Sage advice and words to the coming generations, Be well , and much success with this.
Vlad
Vlad ^0^
One of The Founding Fathers of The East Coast Spirit Sessions & Co Producer of Bizarre hauntings
ECSS I,II,III,IV,V,VI
Order of the Hexidic
Anthony Black
View Profile
Special user
Tamworth - Albion
855 Posts

Profile of Anthony Black
Roni,

This sounds fantastic!

Really looking forward to reading this; I'm so glad you have published your work.
One of the highlights for me of Doomsday last year, was seeing you perform on the Sunday at the workshop.

I can't wait for this!

- Anthony
Roni
View Profile
Elite user
405 Posts

Profile of Roni
On this Halloween night I would like to bid my darklings Vlad and Anthony with thank you fit for a ghost. You are great friends and wonderful beings.
I am blessed with wonderful friends
Bless
Roni
Roni
View Profile
Elite user
405 Posts

Profile of Roni
Forgot to say.......the book us flying of the shelf
Roni
Joshua J
View Profile
Inner circle
1044 Posts

Profile of Joshua J
Order placed, couldn't resist. 250 pages of what I'm sure will be pure gold dust for ideas.
PROF BC
View Profile
Inner circle
1445 Posts

Profile of PROF BC
Happy Hallowe'en, Roni!

All best wishes.

BC
Phasmologist
DrTodd
View Profile
Inner circle
1976 Posts

Profile of DrTodd
Boo!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Roni Shachnaey Book (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL