The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Hey fat kids! No candy for you! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Actually we've passed the Nazi hump and we've arrived at Kevin Bacon, who worked with an actress who worked with a producer who knew the producer of the television series I worked on, so now it's all about me.

:eek:
Devious
View Profile
Inner circle
2120 Posts

Profile of Devious
Well why didn't ya just say so mate?
In that case, http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......m=32&153
Devious Deceptions
"Gadol Elohai!"
L'Chaim!
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2013-11-01 17:12, mastermindreader wrote:
Okay- we've gone from overweight trick-or-treaters getting notes instead of candy, to TPing the note writer, to Nazis, and from there to Holocaust survivors. How many more steps before we get to Kevin Bacon?

Kevin Bacon was in Footloose with Chris Penn, who was in Reservoir Dogs with Tim Roth, who was in Pulp Fiction with Ving Rhames, who was in Con Air with John Malkovich, who was in Rounders with Matt Damon, who was in The Constant Gardener with Angelina Jolie, who was in Mr. and Mrs. Smith with Brad Pitt, who hunted Nazis in Inglorious Basterds.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Oh no! We've entered a Nazi loop!
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
She is probably just one the thousands of civilians who are part of a growing busybody army, with police-style powers to fine and to demand personal information which is a result of an extremely dangerous trend of police powers being handed out like sweets on Halloween.

If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Quote:
On 2013-11-01 18:16, LobowolfXXX wrote:

Kevin Bacon was in Footloose with Chris Penn, who was in Reservoir Dogs with Tim Roth, who was in Pulp Fiction with Ving Rhames, who was in Con Air with John Malkovich, who was in Rounders with Matt Damon, who was in The Constant Gardener with Angelina Jolie, who was in Mr. and Mrs. Smith with Brad Pitt, who hunted Nazis in Inglorious Basterds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRZ6iOU-Gwg
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
Wife: It's me or this houseful of
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
Quote:
On 2013-11-01 15:10, mastermindreader wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-11-01 14:59, critter wrote:
Best not to mention what I do for extra TP on my grad school budget... Smile

It pays to save those old newspapers and used coffee filters. Smile

As cub scouts and boy scouts camping out we were taught to live with nature. Leaves.
What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about? Smile

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
They also taught us how to identify Poison Ivy.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
I was kicked out of the Cub Scouts for breaking the nose of the den mother's son. It's okay though- he was fat.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
What did you do, sit on his face?
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
It was this whole... thing... stuff happens.
~Will Rogers
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
I was fat when I was a kid until I was about 13, then I shot up and turned into to a long skinny one.

Tommy
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
I was scrawny until my 20s, started with a pooch, eventually got up to right around "morbidly obese" and now I've lost about 40 or 50 pounds (I don't weigh myself, but 4 pants sizes) and would consider myself about average. My amazing fiancée is a curvy, fluffy girl who also happens to be the most beautiful one I've ever seen.
~Will Rogers
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
I remember at one of my son's birthday parties, one kid told one too many fat jokes about this other kid, and POW! Of course I broke it up, which didn't amount to much because the kid who got hit was laying in a clump on the ground, and the kid who hit him was just calmly walking away. Mostly I was thinking... "Well, that's pretty much no surprise."
~michael baker
The Magic Company
EsnRedshirt
View Profile
Special user
Newark, CA
895 Posts

Profile of EsnRedshirt
Quote:
On 2013-11-01 18:09, mastermindreader wrote:
Actually we've passed the Nazi hump and we've arrived at Kevin Bacon, who worked with an actress who worked with a producer who knew the producer of the television series I worked on, so now it's all about me.

:eek:

Missed my chance to chime in earlier- my Bacon number is 4:
My high school fencing instructor fenced with Bruce Dickenson, who was in the band Iron Maiden with Nicko McBrain, who was in Scum Rocks! with Kevin Bacon.

Who's next?
Self-proclaimed Jack-of-all-trades and google expert*.

* = Take any advice from this person with a grain of salt.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Miss Piggy

Tommy
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
I worked with a fight team whose directors had been trained by F. Braun McAsh. McAsh choreographed Roger Daltrey's fights in the Highlander television series. Daltrey wrote and performed in Quicksilver with Kevin Bacon.
~Will Rogers
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
Oh, I can do even better! I was onstage as an audience volunteer with Penn Jillette, who was in Toy Story with Tom Hanks, who was in Apollo 13 with Kevin Bacon.
~Will Rogers
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On 2013-11-02 00:43, Michael Baker wrote:
They also taught us how to identify Poison Ivy.

That's an easy one;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPUTKnLsl38

...or, if you're old enough;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRfRITVdz4k

AND if we COMBINE them!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7IDBu1cxAw
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
If she was truly concerned about juvenile obesity, then she should have handed out no candy at all, raisins or non-edible treats for all.
That she specifically picked on overweight children and then chose to give them notes as opposed to the above mentioned alternates speaks to me
that she was picking on children and not really showing concern.
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Hey fat kids! No candy for you! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL