The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Termination of the World Alliance of Magicians (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Scott Wells
View Profile
Inner circle
Houston, TX
1025 Posts

Profile of Scott Wells
Open Letter To the Entire Magic Community;

The World Alliance of Magicians (W.A.M.) has been in existence for just over five years. During that time, we have had our successes and failures as we have battled for the preservation of ethics in magic, the protection of the mystery of magic and the defense for the inventors, creators and manufacturers of proprietary illusions. But to borrow a quote from the Oracle in the movie “The Matrix Revolutions”, “Everything that has a beginning has an end.” And so, the end has come for W.A.M.

The many accomplishments of our organization are listed on our website http://www.magiciansalliance.com/ where you are encouraged to read all about what we have done over the years. The few of us officers who have “fought the good fight” have decided that the most important goal that we have accomplished was to raise interest among the magic organizations in regards to ethics in magic. Now the I.B.M., S.A.M. and The Magic Circle, along with many other organizations around the world have “changed the focus” of their own ethics committees toward dealing with the topics of magic exposures, rip-off manufacturers and the protection of magical inventor’s rights.

The officers of W.A.M. have decided "our work here is now done" and we are going to return to the pursuit of our other interests. These past several years would not have been scattered with success stories without the assistance of many of you who are reading this now. Your ranks around the world are legion. You have helped with your words of encouragement, your letters and your financial support. Some of you have even posted the W.A.M. icon on your website attesting to your genuine support for our joint cause. And for your support and individual work, we sincerely thank you. Among the many whom we would like to thank, we send our appreciation to two key individuals; we want to thank Rossini for handling our “Latin America” office and Jun Kotani for his work with our “Japan” and “Pacific Rim” office.

We are encouraged with the knowledge that a Magic Inventors Database is being independently developed by Bruce Chadwick and Larry Brown. In a short time, you will receive an announcement of an interactive Database that will serve as a living history and ultimate repository of proprietary magic effects. We say “living” because it will be interactive. There will be someone who will update it as necessary when and if there are contested matters of who should properly be credited for what.

In the meantime, if you have any questions regarding W.A.M., then we again encourage you to visit our website or to write to one of the officers listed there. Again, we thank you for your support and we look forward to seeing many of you down the road.

Sincerely,
Abb Dickson – International President
Walter “Zaney” Blaney – President Emeritus
Scott Wells – Vice President
Chuck Jones – Treasurer
Frances Willard – Secretary
Timothy Drake – Webmaster
"A magician who isn't working is only fooling himself." - Scott Wells, M.I.M.C. with Gold Star

The Magic Word podcast: http://themagicwordpodcast.com Listen to convention coverage, interviews with magicians, pictures, videos and more.

Magic Inspirations website for all things Banachek: www.magicinspirations.net
magictim
View Profile
Veteran user
Lake Charles, LA
396 Posts

Profile of magictim
Thank you all at WAM for your hard work. Smile Smile
Brent W
View Profile
Regular user
Ohio
123 Posts

Profile of Brent W
W.A.M. did as much as they could and should be thanked for their efforts toward our art.
Dayanara
View Profile
New user
Michigan
64 Posts

Profile of Dayanara
*whistles and dries the tears that almost came*

Thank the Goddess, my seven year old dream has come true! I can go to bed happy now!

Sorry...I'm supposed to be acting less like the Valentina I once was, aren't I?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Termination of the World Alliance of Magicians (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL