The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Review Request: Any Word by Ben Williams (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

CraigMcK
View Profile
New user
Only managed
50 Posts

Profile of CraigMcK
Hi,

I saw Any Word by Ben Willimans for download on the MoM website. Was really, really tempted but can't find a review...?

Anyone downloaded this?

Cheers,

Craig
dmoses
View Profile
Inner circle
2095 Posts

Profile of dmoses
Have you got Looch's Penguin Lecture? or SAD book?
"You're a comedian. You wanna do mankind a service, tell funnier jokes."
TPR by Dave Moses and Iain Dunford
CraigMcK
View Profile
New user
Only managed
50 Posts

Profile of CraigMcK
Nope. Why, was it in there?
dmoses
View Profile
Inner circle
2095 Posts

Profile of dmoses
Any word is similar (in a broad way) to Looch's "Nod to Pocketwatch"
They each deal with the f**** differently but it's essentially the same effect.

But if you don't have either... you can flip a coin. Smile

There are compromises you're going to have to make with both. The language in the MoM copywriting glosses over a copy of big points... it's still a fine effect but it wasn't *quite* as clean a presentation as implied. Looch's lecture will cost more-- but you'll get many more effects.

That said it was the first Ben Williams item I purchased and I'll probably purchase more in future.

This wasn't helpful at all was it? Smile
CraigMcK
View Profile
New user
Only managed
50 Posts

Profile of CraigMcK
Thanks for the reply.

Ok, I'm still undecided, although now I do have another avenue to explore. I'll go and have a look at Looch's lecture, read the sales pitch and to try and get a feel for what to do next...
dmoses
View Profile
Inner circle
2095 Posts

Profile of dmoses
You might want to track down Ben on YouTube there's a performance that will let you know the kind of thing you're getting into... It's a real world clip.

d
CraigMcK
View Profile
New user
Only managed
50 Posts

Profile of CraigMcK
Found a couple... I do like his style...
Thanks again for the info.
paultrick1
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of paultrick1
I am going to tell everyone not to buy this trick. its rubbish. don't buy it. terrible. look for something else!!
CraigMcK
View Profile
New user
Only managed
50 Posts

Profile of CraigMcK
I ended up buying it in the end. When I get a chance I'll write a quick review...
CraigMcK
View Profile
New user
Only managed
50 Posts

Profile of CraigMcK
Contrary to what paultrick1 has said I thought it was quite good.
dmoses
View Profile
Inner circle
2095 Posts

Profile of dmoses
Hey Craig, tell us more!
Or PM me if you don't want to post publicly.

d
CraigMcK
View Profile
New user
Only managed
50 Posts

Profile of CraigMcK
Oops, been a while since my last post... Guess life has gotten in the way a little. Anyway, as promised a review will follow...
CraigMcK
View Profile
New user
Only managed
50 Posts

Profile of CraigMcK
Sorry if my review is a little obscure in places, I'm trying not to give anything away and if I accidentally do I don't mean to! I've not performed it yet but I do believe it will go down a treat.

The PDF is 20 pages in length. It's well written, explaining the effect clearly and various ways to execute it. In fairness, the effect isn't groundbreaking but how Ben implements it is, in my opinion, quite clever. Like it says on the tin, you are going to predict a totally random word spoken by a spectator that they think of - no subliminal messaging or hypnosis or even threatening behaviour on your part. As an added bonus you also predict a playing card too. Unfortunately the latter is forced...

Ben goes over all the setup options and makes various suggestions. Yes it can be completely impromptu but if you do some of his suggested setup it makes the result all the more impressive. At the very least it requires a pen and some (un-gimmicked) paper with several leaves to write the prediction down on. A stack of business cards (or just plain cards that are blank and can be written on) are suggested but a small notebook with removable pages would work too I suppose. You'll also need a deck of cards and the ability to force a specific card. In fairness, this part could use a gimmicked deck if you aren't confident about this bit. Ben does suggest a simple force method (and even explains how to do to do it, so even if you are a complete novice you have all the info you need to get going) but also lists some types of deck that would work if you did want to invest in a 'special' one.

He spends some time explaining is the reveal. What I liked about this was he provides quite a few options for how you do it. You can use a wallet, your shoe or even a sealed envelop to name but a few. All of his suggestions are explained, so you could use any of them following his setup approaches. The PDF contains several photos for clarifying any steps you need to do.

That's about it. Not sure what else to add without giving something away.

Hope this helps!
dustboy
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of dustboy
Well, I love this. I had forgotten it for a while as I had been focusing on other stuff but performed it in house at work (strictly amateur stuff) and got one of those reactions that proper magi get on the sales videos. It is also the best ***ed method for getting your business card across I have ever seen. Everyone keeps their revelation and occasionally gets shown back to me months later when I see them again. Cracking work Ben.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Review Request: Any Word by Ben Williams (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2017 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL