The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Clowning around » » Birthday party opener juggling routine (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

therealmagicsteve
View Profile
New user
Erie, Pennsylvania
3 Posts

Profile of therealmagicsteve
Hi, I'm looking to add a juggling routine to my magic routine. I feel there must be a way to use juggling as a warm up for performances. I've been juggling and interacting while I wait for kids to get settled before my magic routine. Any thoughts, suggestions, personal experience regarding warm up/group exercises/routines would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
7175 Posts

Profile of harris
Sometimes I start with rolling a ball to a child at the party...and they roll it back. I think it is a SMS idea.

I added to the routine, by making it floor juggling.

That morphs into

Harris
Harris Deutsch

aka dr laugh

drlaugh4u@gmail.com

music, magic and marvelous toys

http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
Mr. Danny
View Profile
Regular user
North Central Louisiana
187 Posts

Profile of Mr. Danny
Harris, Once had a TT do that, rolled to a childs feet and everyone thought it was a joke, WHEW!
MagisterFreud
View Profile
Regular user
The 18
113 Posts

Profile of MagisterFreud
Get out the balls and then confess that you never learned how to juggle. Ask the kids how do do it, and do what they say literally. Example, they say "you throw them up in the air" and you just throw them up and let them fall. Then they say "no, they go around in a circle." so you pick them up and move them in a circle in your hand, etc., then you eventually get it right.
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
7175 Posts

Profile of harris
Hmm. Anyone actually mime throwing up/regurgitating.
I have used it a few times years ago.

My humor has changed a bit.
Harris Deutsch

aka dr laugh

drlaugh4u@gmail.com

thomhaha
View Profile
New user
northfield IL
52 Posts

Profile of thomhaha
With one ball, toss & catch in same hand; toss between hands; bounce; any simple contact juggling moves. Catch with a flourish; with other hand raise 1 finger. Wordlessly mouth “one”. Wordlessly indicate children are to count aloud.

Pick up second ball. Various two-in-one-hand patterns and tricks, moving empty hand just as you would if it had the third ball (i.e. yo-yo / dumbbell, circle around head, etc). Juggle the hole. Catch with a flourish; with other hand raise 2 fingers. Wordlessly mouth “two.” If children do not count aloud, prompt them.

Pick up third ball. Display the three. Put hand to ear “asking” for the count. After children say “three” enter short juggling routine with all the tricks that make them giggle and laugh. End with a flourish.

They are now focused on you as the performer, have learned to take cues from you, and know something about your character.
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
7175 Posts

Profile of harris
I do a standard bit. Count and juggle first one then two. It is at three that I mime having the third ball.

Harris
Harris Deutsch

aka dr laugh

drlaugh4u@gmail.com

TCsteinberg
View Profile
New user
NewYawk
50 Posts

Profile of TCsteinberg
I found nothing beats a spinning plate!
soft plastic one's available if working around small children, and comes in colors.
it's easy and they ALL get a kick out of participating ;-)
Good Luck!
~ tc ::--.---( )
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Clowning around » » Birthday party opener juggling routine (0 Likes)
<<< Previous Topic Next Topic >>>
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001- 2014 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.062900 seconds, requiring 32 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

[9] [7] [6] [7] [0] [9] [8] [0] [5]