The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Misled??? (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Ya know...the difficulty in finding this, and the curse of the knock-offs has killed this for me. I have my Pen-Thru-Anything (original Monte Blanc), and I LOVE it! Smile

Doug
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I hadn't done misled for a long time, and the other day I found my long lost gimmick again, and I'm
happily back in business. The "melt" phase is killer. Pairs up nicely with "Melt" by Matt Johnson.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
MrBadGuy
View Profile
New user
99 Posts

Profile of MrBadGuy
Anyone know where to get Timothy Wenks's Misled? I see it on Penguin and Vanishing but they are both sold out. I'd love to get some back-ups as I only have one.

Is Mr. Wenk not making this anymore? Will another company produce it? Are the knockoffs on ebay any good?
Chuck Finley
View Profile
Regular user
139 Posts

Profile of Chuck Finley
Quote:
On Nov 21, 2013, Michael J wrote:
Hi chrusa,

From the booklet that came with the trick, the following address as the exclusive distributor

Metempirical Magic,
POB 500,
Stockbridge, MA 01262
USA

No web address is quoted in the booklet.

Take a look at Vanishing Inc as they appear to have it in stock on their web site. The link is:-

https://www.vanishingincmagic.com/magic/....../misled/

Hope this helps

Michael

I do not believe this is where you can find him anymore. If I'm not mistaken he closed up shop and headed to sunny Hawaii. Probably with a harbor ship full of misled money Smile
The bad thing is he never filled my last order so that means my money was in that boat. Smile
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Magic Inc. had a supply, but I listed it in that forum.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......575653#7

Looks like they are all gone now. If you snooze you lose.

http://www.magicinc.net/misledbytimothywenk.aspx

There is no website on the instructions because these tricks were made and printed way back on the 1980's when Copperfield did it on his television special.
GeneTony
View Profile
Special user
509 Posts

Profile of GeneTony
I just chatted with Timothy and he said he is planning a giant, "festive" re-release of Misled in the next 2-3 months.
Some think Houdini used trap doors in his act, but he was just going through a stage.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
The packaging was printed before the Internet was available, that is why there is not website information, they hadn't invented anything called a website yet.

As it seems it took 36 years to sell out the initial run for this trick, I am curious as to what the initial quantity for the run was.

Don't hold your breath on another new release of Mislead, magicians have been saying that for years, and it never happens, and especially since the way tricks are marketed today and sold today.

I will believe it when it is at magic stores and websites.
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1915 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
Quote:
On Jan 13, 2016, GeneTony wrote:
I just chatted with Timothy and he said he is planning a giant, "festive" re-release of Misled in the next 2-3 months.

That would be awesome!! There is no knock-off that can compare to his masterpiece. Smile

-JoeJoe
Amazing JoeJoe on YouTube[url=https://www.youtube.com/user/AmazingJoeJoe]
Chuck Finley
View Profile
Regular user
139 Posts

Profile of Chuck Finley
By festive does he mean they will be made from merry Christmas pencils?
Maybe Mardi gras?
Sinco de mayo?
Maybe a new surprise ending that shoots streamers and fireworks?
Just kidding I'll be in line to buy a couple for sure.
Taterini
View Profile
Special user
604 Posts

Profile of Taterini
Quote:
On Jan 19, 2016, Bill Hegbli wrote:
The packaging was printed before the Internet was available, that is why there is not website information, they hadn't invented anything called a website yet.

I read somewhere that Al Gore had...
LoganPorterMagic
View Profile
Regular user
137 Posts

Profile of LoganPorterMagic
I got mine off someone here. Been looking around for quite a while. Good luck finding them.
New User
View Profile
New user
32 Posts

Profile of New User
I second that. I had three I'm down to one now and am trying to find more.
Munseys_Magic
View Profile
Special user
520 Posts

Profile of Munseys_Magic
I sent a text message to Timothy Wenk almost a year ago. He said that more would be on the market in a few months. After about 6 months, I followed up with him. He said that he had been very busy, but still had plans to make more. Still waiting...
Jim Munsey
Munsey's Magic
http://www.MunseysMagic.com
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2481 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Quote:
On Oct 13, 2016, Munseys_Magic wrote:
I sent a text message to Timothy Wenk almost a year ago. He said that more would be on the market in a few months. After about 6 months, I followed up with him. He said that he had been very busy, but still had plans to make more. Still waiting...

Sure does not look too promising
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
He's on FB. I can ask him , if you'd like. I love the effect. Have been doing it for years. The shade of the gimmick does not have to match "perfectly" If it's close, it goes unnoticed.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Tim Cavendish
View Profile
Inner circle
1406 Posts

Profile of Tim Cavendish
Quote:
On Jan 19, 2016, Bill Hegbli wrote:
As it seems it took 36 years to sell out the initial run for this trick, I am curious as to what the initial quantity for the run was.

When was Misled originally released?

Does it go back to 1980?
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Tim, you are correct, it came out the week or so after David Copperfield presented it on his television special where he presented it.
Munseys_Magic
View Profile
Special user
520 Posts

Profile of Munseys_Magic
Quote:
On Dec 14, 2016, daffydoug wrote:
He's on FB. I can ask him , if you'd like. I love the effect. Have been doing it for years. The shade of the gimmick does not have to match "perfectly" If it's close, it goes unnoticed.

Hi Doug,

Yes, could you please ask him?

Thanks!
Jim Munsey
Munsey's Magic
http://www.MunseysMagic.com
countrymaven
View Profile
Inner circle
1428 Posts

Profile of countrymaven
Since I could not find it I got a knock off. I also got this since I was not sure it was my kind of effect.
but it seems to work well. I still am not sure how much I will use it. which is why I got a knock off.
for instance, how many people carry pencils around?
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On Feb 16, 2017, countrymaven wrote:
Since I could not find it I got a knock off. I also got this since I was not sure it was my kind of effect.
but it seems to work well. I still am not sure how much I will use it. which is why I got a knock off.
for instance, how many people carry pencils around?

Students, engineers, writers, and people who make a lot of mistakes. Smile

They would not make millions of wood pencils a year, if they were not being sold and used.

If you don't carry it with you, then you cannot present a very good miracle. It is your call.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Misled??? (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL