The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Puzzle me this... » » Simple Playing Card Puzzle (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Scott Cram
View Profile
Inner circle
2678 Posts

Profile of Scott Cram
From a standard 52-card deck (no jokers) I have removed 8 cards. With the remaining 44 cards, it is now impossible for a straight to be dealt.

Which 8 cards did I remove?
Steven Webb
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of Steven Webb
I am not a poker player and had to look up what a straight was. If wikipedia is correct, in that a straight is made of five sequential cards in two different suits and aces can't wrap around, then I would assume that you took out all of the fives and all of the tens.
Scott Cram
View Profile
Inner circle
2678 Posts

Profile of Scott Cram
Congrats, Steve! You got it!
Steven Webb
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of Steven Webb
Thanks. I didn't know this forum group was on here. When I stumbled upon it I felt like I fell into a nerd paradise. Magic AND Puzzles?! Huzzah! Now I have to go by an impossible bottle.
Scott Cram
View Profile
Inner circle
2678 Posts

Profile of Scott Cram
Uh-oh, guys! We've got Steven hooked! Smile
Steven Webb
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of Steven Webb
I've loved puzzles since I was a kid. I've fallen in love with magic for the past six months. To have them combined? I'm sold!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Puzzle me this... » » Simple Playing Card Puzzle (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL