The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Prisoners by Alex Pandrea (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
A sandwich effect from Alex P. This one, from the demo, has no odd moves, or multiple passes.

http://thebluecrown.com/prisoners.html
papawemba
View Profile
Special user
656 Posts

Profile of papawemba
Looks very good !
Not clear if it uses gaff, I guess it does because it looks too perfect ;-)
SociallyAwkwardPenguin
View Profile
Regular user
132 Posts

Profile of SociallyAwkwardPenguin
No odd moves because they handily cut them out of the promo video. If you REALLY can do what that video shows, exactly as the video shows it, I will happily donate $50 to the charity of your choice.

In the mainstream world, this sort of advertising would be illegal. Magi seem to lap it up though.
Fatgumbo
View Profile
Veteran user
Melbourne, Australia
342 Posts

Profile of Fatgumbo
Quote:
On 2013-11-29 08:47, SociallyAwkwardPenguin wrote:
No odd moves because they handily cut them out of the promo video. If you REALLY can do what that video shows, exactly as the video shows it, I will happily donate $50 to the charity of your choice.

In the mainstream world, this sort of advertising would be illegal. Magi seem to lap it up though.

it does seem to be a full performance.... with no editing and cuts
SociallyAwkwardPenguin
View Profile
Regular user
132 Posts

The video I watched cut all the time. Do you have a link to a straight performance?
Rabid
View Profile
Elite user
495 Posts

Profile of Rabid
Quote:
On 2013-11-29 09:03, SociallyAwkwardPenguin wrote:
The video I watched cut all the time. Do you have a link to a straight performance?

The link at the top is the link to trailer, therefore the one you must have seen.

As usual - with your original post - you're not only annoying but wrong as well.

It amazes me that a person (if indeed, you are a person) can come onto here or any place, and make a completely ridiculous statement about a trailer and illegal advertising, when it’s obvious you haven’t watched the bloody trailer, because if you had, then you would have seen that there are no cuts, no dissolves, no nothing…because the effect is as clean as it appears.

I know. As I’ve just bought it, downloaded it and am watching it.

And it’s very, very good.

Are the caps in your name a literal description of the sort of person you are?

Steph
Joe Roberts
View Profile
Special user
863 Posts

Profile of Joe Roberts
Quote:
On 2013-11-29 08:47, SociallyAwkwardPenguin wrote:

Yeah, magi seem to lap up a full, un-cut demo. (Yes, I realize you were so desperate to get here and police the world of magic you didn't watch the full trailer. Try not fumbling your way through that part next time.)

So what charity gets that $50?
swayne100
View Profile
Veteran user
389 Posts

Profile of swayne100
Is it really as clean as it looks in the trailer?
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2240 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
Hey guys! The intro of the trailer shows some cuts and things, and then in the latter part it does show a complete, live, uncut performance.

I don't know who gets to choose the charity for the $50 - but I recommend the Hocus Pocus Project, an initiative of the Conjuring Arts Research Center. Smile

Yes, it is as clean as it looks. Alex has been closing his lectures lately with this as a performance-only piece and has been getting a ton of requests to tip it!

There is a gimmick involved. Alex teaches you everything you need to know, and it is VERY easy to construct the gimmick. Time to make it should be all of 1-2 minutes, and then it can be used many, many times.

I've been performing this for a few months now, and it goes over extremely well in performance - people simply can't comprehend how it happens.

Kevin
Kevin Reylek
SociallyAwkwardPenguin
View Profile
Regular user
132 Posts

Quote:
On 2013-11-29 09:08, Rabid wrote:

The link at the top is the link to trailer, therefore the one you must have seen.

I must be drunk then. It cuts ALL THE TIME. bit of the trick, cuts to him, puts the jokers in, cuts to him, etc.

Quote:
As usual - with your original post - you're not only annoying but wrong as well.

Maybe you don't understand the word 'cut'. It means when the editor stops showing the clip of the trick and inserts something else.

Quote:
It amazes me that a person (if indeed, you are a person)

No, I am a penguin, the clue is in the name.

Quote:
can come onto here or any place, and make a completely ridiculous statement about a trailer and illegal advertising, when it’s obvious you haven’t watched the bloody trailer, because if you had, then you would have seen that there are no cuts, no dissolves, no nothing…because the effect is as clean as it appears.

Maybe your eyes are glued shut?
Quote:
I know. As I’ve just bought it, downloaded it and am watching it.

Cool. Post a video of you doing it with no cuts then. Prove me wrong. Should be easy for a talent like you, no?

Quote:
And it’s very, very good.

Well, it looks very, very bad to me. But each to his own. Glad you're pleased with your purchase.

Quote:
Are the caps in your name a literal description of the sort of person you are?

Google it.

Quote:
Steph

Are you a girl? Steph is a girls' name isn't it?
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2240 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
To clear up any confusion - the uncut performance in the trailer begins at about 0:54

Prior to that there are cuts, but then you get an uncut performance.
Kevin Reylek
Rabid
View Profile
Elite user
495 Posts

Profile of Rabid
Quote:
On 2013-11-29 10:41, SociallyAwkwardPenguin wrote:

Whatever it was he wrote..it's above in another post

Obvious reply...you were wrong, get over yourself.

And I'm a man. Steph is only a girls name to people that can't see past their own backyard. My parents wanted to call me Chip, but I told them I'd rather be mistaken for a woman than a convenience food.

And you obviously didn't understand what I mean't about the caps.

Chip
SociallyAwkwardPenguin
View Profile
Regular user
132 Posts

Quote:
On 2013-11-29 10:49, Mercury52 wrote:
To clear up any confusion - the uncut performance in the trailer begins at about 0:54

Oh right, I got bored by then so had stopped watching.

But after having seen it, it's so obvious how it works. I guess it's fine if you don't mind have a filthy dirty deck after doing it. I'll stick with The Smiling Mule. Smile
Fatgumbo
View Profile
Veteran user
Melbourne, Australia
342 Posts

Profile of Fatgumbo
Quote:
On 2013-11-29 11:48, SociallyAwkwardPenguin wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-11-29 10:49, Mercury52 wrote:

Oh right, I got bored by then so had stopped watching.

But after having seen it, it's so obvious how it works. I guess it's fine if you don't mind have a filthy dirty deck after doing it. I'll stick with The Smiling Mule. Smile

So it turned from being impossible to being obvious? I suggest you donate the $50 to the WWF to save the penguins
SociallyAwkwardPenguin
View Profile
Regular user
132 Posts

Quote:
On 2013-11-29 19:25, Fatgumbo wrote:
So it turned from being impossible to being obvious?

Yes. I only watched first 30 seconds of video as the cuts made it pointless. When it was explained to me that I needed to sit through the whole tedious thing, it was then obvious. As it would be to anyone with any experience in magic. $25 for that! Shame on them.
Rus ANDREWS
View Profile
Inner circle
1451 Posts

Profile of Rus ANDREWS
Personally I think its a great effect.

dirty deck so what, ive been performing for 12 years and jump between dirty and clean decks all the time so its not a problem, infact any confident performer should be able to jump between decks without a thought.

Spectator doesn't know what a dirty deck is? and as a closing effect its a stunner.

Great stuff Alex as always

best

R
Rabid
View Profile
Elite user
495 Posts

Profile of Rabid
And to be fair...it's hardly a 'filthy dirty' deck.

SociallyAwkwardPenguin, an awful lot of magic involves something called Clean Up, which is a practice known to 'anyone with any experience in magic".

Perhaps if one is scared of this, they shouldn't be doing magic in the first place.

Also...I have to say I found it quite funny that you needed it explained to you to watch a trailer from beginning to end to see what was on offer.

Poor SAP.

Chip
SociallyAwkwardPenguin
View Profile
Regular user
132 Posts

Quote:
On 2013-12-02 10:41, Rabid wrote:
And to be fair...it's hardly a 'filthy dirty' deck.

SociallyAwkwardPenguin, an awful lot of magic involves something called Clean Up, which is a practice known to 'anyone with any experience in magic".

Perhaps if one is scared of this, they shouldn't be doing magic in the first place.

Also...I have to say I found it quite funny that you needed it explained to you to watch a trailer from beginning to end to see what was on offer.

Poor SAP.

Chip

If you mainly perform for your peers, in your case, I imagine that to be 14 year old boys after your amusement at name calling, and do one trick and run off shouting I AM AMAZING, then sure, it would work great.

When I work, I only use one deck. Hence The Laughing Mule is much better for me.

Diff'rent strokes and all that.

I am pleased I amused you by being bored with the trailer. I am equally amused that a) you sat through it all and b) spent 25 bucks on it. I guess some people like buying over priced one trick DVDs/Downloads designed to fool magicians, and some people like buying books and studying effects to fool a paying audience. Both perfectly valid, in their own way.

But, nonetheless, I really hope you enjoy performing it.
Rabid
View Profile
Elite user
495 Posts

Profile of Rabid
It is very hard for me to call you anything else mate, seeing as you have it as your screen name. So it's hardly name calling.

I'm sorry you find me childish. I'm simply treating you with the disdain you deserve based on your unproven statements on others products and failure to just admit you're wrong.

Rather than be a man and fess up to making a stupid statement and then move on....well, you acted as normal.
Joe Roberts
View Profile
Special user
863 Posts

Profile of Joe Roberts
Just a heads-up, SAP, but your old posts don't disappear from the thread. So you should pick a consistent angle or else you make yourself look ridiculous.

At first there was no way it could be that clean, "If you REALLY can do what that video shows, exactly as the video shows it, I will happily donate $50 to the charity of your choice." Then, after you watched the full demo it became "so obvious." I'm curious how something so impossible (that the trailer must have been cut to disguise the moves) became so obvious given that full demo doesn't have any moves to see? It's almost like you came in with a negative perception of the trick and are committed to holding on to it no matter what.

Also, Roy Walton's trick is called the Smiling Mule.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Prisoners by Alex Pandrea (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL