The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The tricks are on me! » » Viral/bacterial transmission from patients? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

adrianbent
View Profile
Loyal user
210 Posts

Profile of adrianbent
Just had a thought... when performing for patients are you mindful of viral/bacterial transmission from sick patients when they touch the props? ie picking a card, sponge balls, etc? how do you deal with or think about this issue?
Ed_Millis
View Profile
Inner circle
Yuma, AZ
2292 Posts

Profile of Ed_Millis
A couple of us have discussed this a bit. I was also able to discuss this with the volunteer coordinators at the hospital that certified me. Some tips:
-- There's usually hand sanitizer outside the rooms. Use it going in and going out.
-- Use hard props or plastic cards you can wipe down.
-- Use cheap paper cards they can sign and keep, and you can replace.
-- Do routines where they don't touch the props.
-- Talk to the nurses about restrictions (mask, gloves, etc.).

It's about preventing transmission: you to them, them to you, them to you to someone else.

Ed
adrianbent
View Profile
Loyal user
210 Posts

Profile of adrianbent
Some good ideas, especially the hard plastic cards so you can wipe em down... it also brings to mind coin magic, you can sanitize coins fairly easy...
but sponge magic is right out
still there is a ton of magic that doesn't require any props being touched.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The tricks are on me! » » Viral/bacterial transmission from patients? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL