The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » mutanz » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4409 Posts

Profile of Paul
Platt said;
Only IMHO Jumping Gemini is a much simpler and stronger premise. Something about leaving the spectator with examinable trick cards is more wierd than awe inspiring.

and Joker808 said;
the cards in the final phase of this trick many if not all would merely have to think a bit on this to come to the right conclusion as to how many of the phases were accomplished.

Personal choice, I KNOW how this trick plays for me in walk around situations, stronger than Jumping Gemini, and better from an in the hands point of view. I cannot see where there is any confusion in cards turning face up and then turning face down. Unless you perform for people that get confused turning from one TV channel to another SmileAs for Joker's remarks this is simply not true, there is no way they can backtrack because they have seen the backs and fronts of all the cards several times slowly and cleanly, four faces, four backs. They truly believe those cards have somehow changed whilst in their hands and the reaction is amazing. Quite frankly, I would be quite happy for NO-ONE else to use this.

So for people just scrolling through these messages, DO NOT BUY MUTANZ, IT IS AN AWFUL TRICK.

Paul.
http://members.madasafish.com/~phmagic
joker808
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of joker808
Well, lets just say this, they may not be able to back-track the entire effect but they can sure make a determination that the cards make this trick tick and they'd be right.
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4409 Posts

Profile of Paul
re;
they can sure make a determination that the cards make this trick tick and they'd be right.

??
But they don't!So they wouldn't be right! Smile
The trick cards do not make the trick work. The performer makes the trick work. Eg the original routine "Cascade" does not use these trick cards and accomplishes the same. These cards simply allow extra subtleties and a different ending.

Well, its the cards AND the performer that make ANY card trick tick, and I'm sure spectators can make that determination about any card trick, but it doesn't mean they have a clue how it was done. Put all the cards in the spectators hands and they would still not be able to figure it out, so suggesting the spectators think these cards have something to do with how the trick is done is along the same lines as a spectator dismissing any card trick as sleight of hand.

Spectators DO NOT think these "special" cards have been used all along at all. They really think they have somehow changed. I have used this effect many times. I wonder how many times you have used it before discarding it?

I judge how good an effect is from the response it gets, for me it gets an amazing response. But different tricks suit different performing styles. If you are a fast worker or a purist it won't suit you. Do I care? No! I'm not on commission, I don't sell it, I don't know Bob Farmer.

I pointed out this was a good trick, I hardly expected to be defending it this much. Use what works for you, I will use this. I will say no more on it.

Paul.
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6586 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
What it boils down to is that even fairly bad tricks can be made into seeming miracles in the hands of someone with excellent performing skills and a belief in the effect, while even the best, strongest effects can be made boring by someone with no showmanship or someone who doesn't believe in the effect.

If you don't believe in the impact of the trick or its premise, don't do it! If you do, fire away!

At any rate, I think we've had more than enough comments from both the "pro" and the "con" camps on this one for people to make an informed buying decision.

Thanks to all who posted.
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » mutanz » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL