The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Hellophane by Dan Huffman (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
Man that look's incredible.
Todd
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1351 Posts

Profile of Piz
Quote:
On 2013-12-27 14:59, Magic.Maddy wrote:
Holy cow...this is great! Its just over 34 minutes long and packed FULL of ideas!They discuss carrying the gimmicks, loading, and they cover a few different restorations. I have to say that this is REALLY good. I of course had a slight idea of how it worked but this is a completely different level. I LOVE the visual restorations. They are so simple yet the work SO well! I've made up about 24 gimmicks in about 3 minutes. It fools the eyes so much in person. I love it and highly suggest it. Especially for $5 today.

Im going to download this when I get home from work later tonight. Will I need to go out and get anything special from the store? Just a wonder if the gimmicks are made with things we most likely have laying around or not.

Thanks

P
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2543 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
Can the spectators feel the hole before the magic happens?
atouchofmagic1
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Profile of atouchofmagic1
Quote:
On 2013-12-27 17:39, Paul Rathbun wrote:

No.. but its not necessary. Run and buy this!!! This is awesome and I mean awesome what you see is what you get. Its that good 10 out of 10

-Bobby
atouchofmagic1
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Profile of atouchofmagic1
Quote:
On 2013-12-27 17:27, Piz wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-12-27 14:59, Magic.Maddy wrote:
Holy cow...this is great! Its just over 34 minutes long and packed FULL of ideas!They discuss carrying the gimmicks, loading, and they cover a few different restorations. I have to say that this is REALLY good. I of course had a slight idea of how it worked but this is a completely different level. I LOVE the visual restorations. They are so simple yet the work SO well! I've made up about 24 gimmicks in about 3 minutes. It fools the eyes so much in person. I love it and highly suggest it. Especially for $5 today.

Im going to download this when I get home from work later tonight. Will I need to go out and get anything special from the store? Just a wonder if the gimmicks are made with things we most likely have laying around or not.

Thanks

P

Nope you just need cellophane. .. like I aaid RUN LOL

-BOBBY
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1606 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
Quote:
On 2013-12-27 17:27, Piz wrote:

Thanks

P

Just got this, had it figured out (as a magician), but will be undetected by most. Was still worth the $5. for the 30+ min vid with handling well taught.
Piz, your Q, perhaps. Not normally something you would generally have but could, if not a trip to any store or a dollar store for 1 item & your good to go for awhile !
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1606 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
Quote:

No, but I do like that they teach you a way to have the spectator have a closer interaction & almost touching it that helps them believe in the hole that has healed Smile
Daniel Clemente
View Profile
Special user
Mount Joy, PA
790 Posts

Profile of Daniel Clemente
I got this...great idea...I will have to give it a whirl.
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2574 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
Just watched it. Impressive lengthy video....everything covered in great detail.
axcreations1
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of axcreations1
Just finished watching this. WELL worth the 5 bucks spent! I was right, this is going to go PERFECTLY with my effect Smoked! ( http://www.ellusionist.com/smoked-by-chr......man.html )

The Hellophane download is over 30 minutes and gives a bunch of performance tips & worker suggestions. The gimmicks are easily made, and it's a genius idea (wish I had thought of it!). This has the potential to be a little miracle. I can't wait to start performing this! Highly recommended.
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3349 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
Agreed with all above. Well taught, extremely thorough and very nice presentational ideas using a simple gimmick, a simple set up, if you call it a set up. A pocket miracle ready at all times. This one will be used, recommended.
phillipsart
View Profile
Veteran user
Australia
310 Posts

Profile of phillipsart
I've just burnt 5 bucks, going to watch the video now.
TheMag1cian
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1274 Posts

Profile of TheMag1cian
I also just downloaded and watched this and agree with all of the above. This can stay in your wallet forever and like Brent explains, there will always be a situation where you can perform this. Packs small, Plays huge. Can't wait to try it out!
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2543 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
Quote:
On 2013-12-27 17:56, atouchofmagic1 wrote:
Quote:

No.. but its not necessary. Run and buy this!!! This is awesome and I mean awesome what you see is what you get. Its that good 10 out of 10

-Bobby

As visual as it is that the hole disappears, I just wasn't buying that that was a real hole. I have a feeling that my spectator's feelings would be the same way. Afraid I am going to have to pass on this one.
Fatgumbo
View Profile
Veteran user
Melbourne, Australia
342 Posts

Profile of Fatgumbo
Quote:
On 2013-12-27 20:57, Paul Rathbun wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-12-27 17:56, atouchofmagic1 wrote:
Quote:

-Bobby

As visual as it is that the hole disappears, I just wasn't buying that that was a real hole. I have a feeling that my spectator's feelings would be the same way. Afraid I am going to have to pass on this one.

If you take a match/cigarette and burn a hole in any cellophane right now, the hole would look exactly the same as it does in the trailer. The hole looks very real.
TheMag1cian
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1274 Posts

Profile of TheMag1cian
The holes are looking perfect on my end. I'm doing the water bottle one in front of the mirror and blowing myself away. Passed the wifey test right off the bat too, which definitely says something.
Acar
View Profile
Elite user
471 Posts

Profile of Acar
Paul, I actually had the same concern when I first learned it. So the way I present hellophane, I actually burn 2 holes, and heal just one.

The cool thing is that they both look identical while performing, and the remaining hole is 100% examinable. Now I realize it's unnecessary overproving, but I like camouflages the method, while keeping real, touchable evidence around afterwards as a memento.
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
Quote:
On 2013-12-27 21:37, Acar wrote:
Paul, I actually had the same concern when I first learned it. So the way I present hellophane, I actually burn 2 holes, and heal just one.

The cool thing is that they both look identical while performing, and the remaining hole is 100% examinable. Now I realize it's unnecessary overproving, but I like camouflages the method, while keeping real, touchable evidence around afterwards as a memento.

Great idea! Could even do a simple equivoque saying "which hole do you want?" And then make one vanish. I think that is a very nice touch.

I personally love this and I think Paul is thinking too much like a magician. Plus, in person the illusion is UNCANNY. You really believe that it's an actual hole that you can see through. It's brilliant. Such a great concept.
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
I gotta wait till after the 1st. I don't have even $5 in the bank. Tough month...

Doug
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4541 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
You could take a hole and use it to find a selected card
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Hellophane by Dan Huffman (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL