The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Imagination coins (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
Senseless gibberish that amounts to
2621 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
Not sure this goes here or in the non gaff section. . .

http://youtu.be/SHuLQaNtv-I
"I've always been mental, I'm sure of it" Boris Pocus Smile

"Someday we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny". . .Bruce Springsteen
qureyoon
View Profile
Loyal user
Singapore
275 Posts

Profile of qureyoon
That is very nice!

Thanks for sharing!
magicwatcher2005
View Profile
Elite user
Washington state
446 Posts

Profile of magicwatcher2005
Quote:
On 2014-01-07 23:24, afinemesh wrote:

>>>http://youtu.be/SHuLQaNtv-I<<<<

That is not a real Youtube link - if you look closely you'll see a "dot" in the word "youtu.be", directly before the "be". The "be" after the first dot indicates a site based in Belgium, and that has nothing to do with the real Youtube. That means it's probably some sort of virus-related trap or malware link. I would strongly recommend not clicking on it - and somebody needs to have a talk with "afinemesh" about it. (I disabled the link in the above quote)

afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
2621 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
Interesting. . .it's from the "latest and greatest" forum here on the Café. And is performed by Kozmo, also a member (and respected magician) here. It's already an established thread with many viewings

Tell me mr. magicwatcher2005, who needs to have a talk with afinemesh?

"Someday we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny". . .Bruce Springsteen
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
2621 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
It actually is a real youtube video put out by Murphy's magic!
And, like I said, it's already being viewed and commented on in "latest and greatest"
I just brought it to the attention of my pals here in trick coin trickery. If you don't think it's safe, don't watch it!

evikshin
View Profile
Special user
892 Posts

Profile of evikshin
Quote:
On 2014-01-08 01:22, magicwatcher2005 wrote:
Quote:

That is not a real Youtube link - if you look closely you'll see a "dot" in the word "youtu.be", directly before the "be". The "be" after the first dot indicates a site based in Belgium, and that has nothing to do with the real Youtube. That means it's probably some sort of virus-related trap or malware link. I would strongly recommend not clicking on it - and somebody needs to have a talk with "afinemesh" about it. (I disabled the link in the above quote)

Not sure what your smoking, but the link works perfectly fine. Also that dot you speak of is quite common, I see it all the time with no horrible effects happening to my computer
itlust
View Profile
Regular user
176 Posts

Profile of itlust
Quote:
Quote:

lol, its youtube shortened url and its legit
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
DC area native, now in Atlanta
2351 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
Quote:
On 2014-01-08 04:29, itlust wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

References:

http://mashable.com/2009/12/21/youtu-be/
http://www.geek.com/news/google-unveils-......1029511/

"afinemesh" is owed an apology.
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3349 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
Now this is afinemesh isn't it! He was simply turning you all on to a cool effect from another posting from the Café. I find in life lately that I am thankful half the people I speak to aren't judges. So many innocent victims would be behind bars.
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
2621 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
Quote:
On 2014-01-08 08:56, inigmntoya wrote:
Quote:
On 2014-01-08 04:29, itlust wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

References:

http://mashable.com/2009/12/21/youtu-be/
http://www.geek.com/news/google-unveils-......1029511/

"afinemesh" is owed an apology.

Indeed! Thank you, inigmntoya, evikshin and Rizzo.

magicwatcher2005
View Profile
Elite user
Washington state
446 Posts

The link crashed my laptop twice, and a quick Google search turned up this thread as the number one non-ad hit:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?......9AAGSDjm

If the information taken from that answer site is incorrect this particular case then so be it - but I would always prefer "safe" over "sorry". My statements are based on the "best answer" from that site, so I'll apologize to no one.
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
DC area native, now in Atlanta
2351 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
Quote:
On 2014-01-08 12:37, magicwatcher2005 wrote:
The link crashed my laptop twice, and a quick Google search turned up this thread as the number one non-ad hit:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?......9AAGSDjm

If the information taken from that answer site is incorrect this particular case then so be it - but I would always prefer "safe" over "sorry". My statements are based on the "best answer" from that site, so I'll apologize to no one.

"Safe over sorry" says you don't click on a link you don't recognize. But you did....

"Safe over sorry" says that after a link "crashes your laptop", you don't go back and click it again. But you did***...
(Ref: "The link crashed my laptop twice")

"Safe over sorry" dictates you don't accuse a link of being malicious based on some unknown* source that is determined to be "best answer" on the basis of two other unknowns giving a thumbs up. But you did...
*Hovering over the submitter of your "answer" yields "Sorry, we can't find who you were looking for. The account appears to be suspended".

"Safe over sorry" dictates you don't publicly state "somebody needs to have a talk with "afinemesh" about it" when you're the one who is ill-informed. But you did...

Another way of saying "Safe over sorry" is "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
Ref: Case in point, Jerry Taylor, Mayor, City of Tuttle, Oklahoma - http://tinyurl.com/p7jued8

***Since we've now established that youtu.be is a perfectly valid domain name for YouTube videos, you should look into having your laptop checked out by someone competent. If playing a simple video crashes the system you've either got some hardware failing, some software/driver misconfiguration, or it's your system that has the malware installed on it. Better safe than sorry ya know...
Wizzard
View Profile
Veteran user
322 Posts

Profile of Wizzard
Afinemesh,
Nice link, very strong magic!
JMN
It's never the wand, it's always the magician
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Thanks for the link. "IM TALKING TO YOU AFINEMESH!" (there is your talking to) Smile

for the record - the link not only took me to the official Youtube website, but it took me to MY YOUTUBE my sign in and all my channels present. NO HACKER IS THAT GOOD. And, I am not entirely sure after watching a couple times if it is gaffed or not either (to your point) if it is a sh**l it is a very ballzy move Smile
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
2621 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
Thanks Poof-Daddy! I'll consider myself repremanded! Smile

afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
2621 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
Quote:
On 2014-01-08 14:11, inigmntoya wrote:

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

My thoughts exactly. . .

This is the kind of person who comes to a site like this (and causes trouble) because he has nothing better to do. Because of his poor decision making he thinks it's his responsibility to "inform" us all of what "is". So be it. Guys like this are like a spinning top: soon they tip over and go away. . .

magicwatcher2005
View Profile
Elite user
Washington state
446 Posts

Quote:
On 2014-01-08 14:11, inigmntoya wrote:

[...]

"Safe over sorry" says you don't click on a link you don't recognize. But you did....

"Safe over sorry" says that after a link "crashes your laptop", you don't go back and click it again. But you did***...
(Ref: "The link crashed my laptop twice")

"Safe over sorry" dictates you don't accuse a link of being malicious based on some unknown* source that is determined to be "best answer" on the basis of two other unknowns giving a thumbs up. But you did...
*Hovering over the submitter of your "answer" yields "Sorry, we can't find who you were looking for. The account appears to be suspended".

"Safe over sorry" dictates you don't publicly state "somebody needs to have a talk with "afinemesh" about it" when you're the one who is ill-informed. But you did...

Another way of saying "Safe over sorry" is "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
Ref: Case in point, Jerry Taylor, Mayor, City of Tuttle, Oklahoma - http://tinyurl.com/p7jued8

***Since we've now established that youtu.be is a perfectly valid domain name for YouTube videos, you should look into having your laptop checked out by someone competent. If playing a simple video crashes the system you've either got some hardware failing, some software/driver misconfiguration, or it's your system that has the malware installed on it. Better safe than sorry ya know...

Obviously you haven't slightest idea what the common phrase "safe over sorry" means, since few of your "examples" actually relate the the concept of "safe over sorry" - you're really just repeating it over and over because you think it makes your post clever or relevant... but it doesn't. I guess mob mentality dictates that you and your ilk pile on me because a link that seemed to cause MY computer to crash worked fine for you. So what? Dig around this forum enough and you'll find HUNDREDS of similar posts reporting defective and/or risky links - which is really all I did.

The rules of the forum prevent me from telling the rest of you what you can do with your ongoing dog-pile, but in the spirit of mentalism let me just say at the moment I'm holding up one finger in front of this screen, and I'd like you to see if you can guess which one it is.

afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
2621 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
So, how'd you guys like the link that worked for EVERYONE except MW2005?

Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Method fools me. Cool trick though.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
2621 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
Quote:
On 2014-01-08 20:08, Poof-Daddy wrote:
Method fools me. Cool trick though.

Yes, very nice. I'm pretty sure I'll be getting this one!

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Imagination coins (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL