The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Show us a trick - no props with you. (16 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
View Profile
Inner circle
1513 Posts

Profile of Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
Anything with in gimmicks coins. I love coin work
magicgerry06
View Profile
Regular user
FRANCE
132 Posts

Profile of magicgerry06
Heads or tails or which hand with imaginary coins.
Beat me on those ones!
Gerard ZITTA
http://www.untouchedmagic.com
"If Magic be the food of love, play on..."
A. Evans
View Profile
Regular user
Florida
105 Posts

Profile of A. Evans
Ask for 2 hair bands and make them appear the link together, disappearing saltshaker, make a coin disappear with a table napkin, the classic illusion of pulling your finger off but it's really your thumb.
"It's better to have 3 amazing tricks than 10 good ones"
Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
View Profile
Inner circle
1513 Posts

Profile of Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
Paper balls over head. Sponge napkins
BAGWIZ
View Profile
Loyal user
San Francisco Bay Area
236 Posts

Profile of BAGWIZ
The one tool I almost 100% of the time have on me is a TT. With that, and a few of the other miracles people have shared on this thread, you can perform any time, anywhere.
supertoad12
View Profile
New user
Choose a number between 1 and
88 Posts

Profile of supertoad12
If I am at a restaurant, I will usually perform a Vanishing Salt Shaker and Stirring silver from J. Sankey.
Steph

"The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease for ever to be able to do it"...J.M. Barrie
Geoff Weber
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington DC
1384 Posts

Profile of Geoff Weber
X-finger
NeverMind
View Profile
Loyal user
Right up there. On the stage.
283 Posts

Profile of NeverMind
With no props on me, the best I do are math based stuff, 1089 being my favorite.
It is better to be trusted than liked.
Under promise. Over perform.
Adeofspades
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Adeofspades
With no props, 37 force, psychological subleties (geometric shapes), Max Maven's Multiplicity and Alain Nu's Signagram.
AndreaMooreMagic
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of AndreaMooreMagic
Greg wilson on the spot has many great routines.
As well as paper ball over the head and Banachek's PK Time .
LeafyMagic
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of LeafyMagic
Some finger magic is great for a casual setting. I'm partial to Pinky thing by Nick Locapo and Breaking point by Johannes Mengel.
ssucahyo
View Profile
Inner circle
1955 Posts

Profile of ssucahyo
For me this effect below is never fail to amaze them:
Glass thru table
Free Will prediction
Spoon bending
Phoa Yan Tiong cut restored napkin
Spellbound coin change
Cigarette ash thru palm
Escamoteur
View Profile
Regular user
109 Posts

Profile of Escamoteur
As I've said in similar threads, I'm really never without anything as I always have at a minimum my Stealth Assassin, with blank slips, and a pen. That said, if I had the misfortune of losing it or having it stolen, a go to impromptu effect would be a utilization of Phil Smith's Quinta which works very well for me.

Carter
ringmaster
View Profile
Inner circle
Memphis, Down in Dixie
1974 Posts

Profile of ringmaster
I've been wanting to say this for a long time:
SLIGHT OF HAND
One of the last living 10-in-one performers. I wanted to be in show business the worst way, and that was it.
Al Schneider
View Profile
V.I.P.
A corn field in WI surrounded by
1080 Posts

Profile of Al Schneider
Here are some things I discovered.
Why should you do magic when someone asks you. Yes, I think that cheapens it all. But, I really want to do magic.

I had this trouble when starting to do some standup gigs. I ran into many people asking for a free show as the event was for some charity deal.

A pro offered this. Say you will do the show for no charge but you need something in return. For some group asking for a freebee, they can put a picture in their club paper or even in the newspaper. That is, you get free advertisement for a free show. The idea here is when someone wants to see magic, see if you can get something from them. It is interesting what they come up with.

As for an impromptu trick. Here is something I discovered. It is called the center tear. Yea, I know its old but it can kill. I was in a restaurant and wanted to do something. I tore a corner off the paper placement. I drew a circle on it and asked the person to draw something in the circle. They did and then I asked them to fold the paper in half and in half again. Then I took the paper and tore it twice. Then I dropped the pieces into a glass of water. In doing so, I copped the center. Then I stirred the water and took a sip. During that I got the information. Then I went through the mentalist shtick revealing what they put on the paper. During a bit of cleanup, I dropped the center into the glass. It killed.

Well, perhaps this is not the greatest but I'll bet the day will come when you will remember this at one of those awkward moments.
Magic Al. Say it fast and it is magical.
federico luduena
View Profile
Loyal user
Spain
249 Posts

Profile of federico luduena
Tanks, Al. There is a wise suggestion from you I use when I can. I got it from your old website. You said it was better to find a place to perform that was separate from the main space of activity when in a house party. Even the kitchen would do. That idea has worked great for me (whenever possible). Small groups come in, and they go out talking to each other, expressing wonder involuntarily. That brings more people in. This could be used to good advantage when one does not carry special items. The Balducci levitation can be done that way for a few people at a time. Darwin Ortiz relates that David Roth used to perform it like that.
Jim_Macdonald
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of Jim_Macdonald
A copy of Easy Hand Tricks by Bob Longe is a good thing to have in your library.

Also, if someone walks away without the name of their selected card, or thought-of number, or something on the back of your business card ... consider it.
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
I realize you said no props, but don't you have your wallet with you always? Perhaps a minor who doesn't drive might not, but I suspect that at some point, everyone will carry a wallet with their drivers license. If so, then you could get a wallet with a zipper compartment and/or a coin pouch and always have rubber bands, coins, gimmicked bills, etc.

However, in the spirit of the thread, let's say you are at a nudist camp with no wallet or anything. I would go with two in the hand and one in the pocket... er, um, one in the... well, wherever you might put it.

KJ
Samuel Catoe
View Profile
Inner circle
South Carolina
1268 Posts

Profile of Samuel Catoe
An equivoque routine.
Author of Illusions of Influence, a treatise on Equivoque.
PM me for details and availability.
terrillific
View Profile
Loyal user
San Antonio, TX
292 Posts

Profile of terrillific
PATEO Force with borrowed objects.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Show us a trick - no props with you. (16 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL