The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Unshuffled by Anton James (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
sohaib
View Profile
Special user
San Ramon, CA
577 Posts

Profile of sohaib
Same exact thing as the OCD Deck

but with a better DVD
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5663 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
Looking for enlightenment here since I rarely buy the "next big thing." The title is "Unshuffled." Is this related to the Paul Gertner effect of the same name?
smullins
View Profile
Special user
United States
669 Posts

Profile of smullins
http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/3963

At first glance it may look like the OCD deck but there is MUCH more included in here than a deck becoming "unshuffled." Anton's a good guy and his card work is excellent.
Shawn Mullins

www.MullinsMagic.com
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
5206 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Well spotted. Hopefully thus will be shipping to the UK???
Cassidy001
View Profile
Loyal user
283 Posts

Profile of Cassidy001
Shipped for me today from Penguin. I'll get it at the beginning of next week.
"You want to know the secret of the world. It's this: save it, and it'll repay you, every second of every day."
--Axel Brass
Cassidy001
View Profile
Loyal user
283 Posts

Profile of Cassidy001
I just got mine in today. I knew exactly what to expect so I am happy with my purchase. I have plenty of ideas on how I want to use this gaffes deck. Yes it is 100% gaffed. I will be using it for more than just the "hey look shuffled deck. Hey look new deck order." This pack has a lot of potential for those with the imagination for it. I'm glad that I bought it.
"You want to know the secret of the world. It's this: save it, and it'll repay you, every second of every day."
--Axel Brass
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1523 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
Quote:
On 2014-02-03 16:25, Cassidy001 wrote:
I just got mine in today. I knew exactly what to expect so I am happy with my purchase. I have plenty of ideas on how I want to use this gaffes deck. Yes it is 100% gaffed. I will be using it for more than just the "hey look shuffled deck. Hey look new deck order." This pack has a lot of potential for those with the imagination for it. I'm glad that I bought it.

How is the DVD? I know that was one of the biggest letdowns of OCD Deck, so I assume they took advantage of that?
David Jonathan

FORTUITY | RUDIMENTAL | ARBITRIUM
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4041 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Yes, the DVD and routining are way important if one is planning to use something like this. and yes, How is the DVD?
Cassidy001
View Profile
Loyal user
283 Posts

Profile of Cassidy001
So far the DVD is very well put together. I say so far because I haven't had time to watch it fully due to helping with extended family issues but I look forward to finishing it. Anton goes over the deck and handling in detail. He shows several tricks from the most basic to adding sleight of hand or adding regular deck cards to the pack. The deck has many uses and I am glad that he took his time to show them. The DVD is an hour long which is lengthier than a lot of instructional videos out these days. A lot of magicians are just selling there products now with very little information included. That is not always a problem but it is nice to have as much info as possible to get our wheels turning.
--Axel Brass
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1523 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
Got mine today. Its what I expected, and Im very happy with this. The DVD is fantastic- produced extremely well and Anton is an excellent teacher. Very easy to comprehend and he offers some very good routines. The packaging is great as well, too. If you were on the fence, don't hesitate to pick this up.
David Jonathan

HDMike
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of HDMike
Can anyone tell me if this is a similar method to Mastermind?

Thank you...
Alex DLF
View Profile
Inner circle
1405 Posts

Profile of Alex DLF
A french review of Unshuffled Smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZOqi_a4Tis
Get yourself the Flap Cards guide : http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/4435

Make sure to check my review website, new reviews coming every week ! http://lesavisdalexis.wix.com/reviews
Legendary Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
The Wizard , The Legend 162,885,947,3659,
1730 Posts

Profile of Legendary Wizard
This routine seem nice ... Sort of an idea of how it's done but , will be a good purchase .
" Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one " ...

- Albert Einstein
RSteele
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of RSteele
Unshuffled by Anton James review:

Simple and clean packaging.
This deck of cards can be deadly in the right hands.

My favorite presentation is to force a card, spread the deck showing its completely mixed (random) asking the person if they still see their card, close up the spread and instantly spread the deck showing it is in NOW in new deck order and a single card has vanished from the deck! Their card! Which you now produce from anywhere you want!

I'm sure there are a lot of great ideas and routines with this deck and for only 35 bucks you'll have a ton of fun with it!
Heinstein
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of Heinstein
Finally got a chance to watch UNSHUFFLED and play with deck. It's really a great product! The DVD is very comprehensive and Anton gives a lot of ideas on how to use the included gimmick deck or parts of it. The Magic Estate put a lot of work into this one and it shows. I agree that the presentation just mentioned by RSteele is probably my favorite too but there are a lot of really practical and strong routines included on the DVD. Watch out - I might just ring this in on some un-expecting magicians who are familiar with my false shuffle work and shuffled deck to new deck order. Be warned!
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
2814 Posts

Profile of videoman
Just picked this up and only have good things to say about it. I'm really lovin' it.
A million things you can do with it and fun to come up with your own routines.
I already have a few ideas I really like. Plus, the DVD gives you a ton of ideas to use as a starting point.

Nice too that the included deck is super high quality and silky smooth.
It's a bike deck but seems much better than your typical off the shelf bikes.

Ring this baby in at the right time and jaws will drop for sure.
And you'll get credit for being a top notch card handler.
If you can do faros perfectly AND reliably, or any other pure SOH method, then you obviously don't want or need this deck.
But for the rest of us it's a great tool because it is really more of a utility gimmick that can be used in so many ways leading up to or incorporating the NDO reveal.
Even if you don't use it it's one of those things that's simply great fun to mess with and fool yourself.
Definitely not a one trick pony like most gaffed decks. This one will really inspire you to create your own unique routine.
I wouldn't say it's cheap but you do get great value and with care should last a good long time.
I'll probably get another one so I can have one to play with and keep one just for performances.
Highly recommended!!!
dman11
View Profile
Veteran user
PA
395 Posts

Profile of dman11
Available from the Blue Crown for $10 for Cyber Monday sale ! I just grabbed one

http://thebluecrown.com/magic-tricks/unshuffled.html
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
2814 Posts

Profile of videoman
Cool, that's a great price.
Thanks for sharing!!!
mysticalsales
View Profile
Veteran user
337 Posts

Profile of mysticalsales
Is there a way we can order a red backed deck on the site? I didn't see the color back option.
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1523 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
I believe they only make it in Red
David Jonathan

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Unshuffled by Anton James (4 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2017 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.24 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL