The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Regeneration by Blake Vogt (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Looks very nice and I kind of know how it is done, BUT.
Each gimmick is handcrafted with extreme precision. 15 complete, handcrafted gimmicks are included. EACH gimmick takes a full 24 hours to make.

EACH gimmick takes a full 24 hours to make.Me thinks these refills are going to cost a bomb?.Full cost of this is £ 39.99 every thing realeased of late really seem's to be getting more and more exspensive ,clever stuff but again just so much more dosh £60.00 for this £60.00 pound for that,not a lot out there now which cost £25.00,i am use to spending about a £120.00 quid or so when I am down my local shop,well use to before my payroll cut,still use to get at least 4 good effect's now lucky if you get two,lol,oh well just ranting on,lol.
lord_wallmotto
View Profile
Loyal user
291 Posts

Profile of lord_wallmotto
The gimmicks for Regeneration is extremely well made. If you wanted to you could perform the trick within minutes after watching the dvd and in my opinion it is one of the strongest card effects that you can do. I imagine that the gimmicks are not that easy to make and will take some time to get each card perfect so I think that the price is fair.
letsgetcreative
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of letsgetcreative
Combine regeneration presentation with Jeff Prace's Fuze method. You will get tremendous reactions without paying tremendous amounts of money.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
That's 15 days of man hours to make on effect? Doesn't seem like he'd make any money on this one. Are they made in China at 10 cents an hour?
sgtgrey
View Profile
Special user
Austin, TX
839 Posts

Profile of sgtgrey
Once you see how the gimmicks are made, you may find it isn't too terribly difficult to make them yourself, although a little time consuming. The 24 hours refers to the total time from start to finish of one gimmick, but you aren't doing work that whole time - it's sort of similar to cooking something - you can have 15 min. prep time and 8 hours of cook time and claim it takes 8 hours and 15 min. to make. If you sit down to make a bunch of these all at once, it isn't terribly bad, but for some it would definitely try their patience! For that reason, you can get refills with proof of purchase at a discounted price (the main thread says how much - I can't recall). Still not cheap to perform, but it's worth it on occasion and much easier to perform than Fuze, which never did feel quite comfortable to me...could never get it consistent.
Nat
View Profile
Special user
566 Posts

Profile of Nat
Terrific reactions - easy with excellent instructions - a favorite!
Nathan

Quote:
On , sgtgrey wrote:
Once you see how the gimmicks are made, you may find it isn't too terribly difficult to make them yourself, although a little time consuming. The 24 hours refers to the total time from start to finish of one gimmick, but you aren't doing work that whole time - it's sort of similar to cooking something - you can have 15 min. prep time and 8 hours of cook time and claim it takes 8 hours and 15 min. to make. If you sit down to make a bunch of these all at once, it isn't terribly bad, but for some it would definitely try their patience! For that reason, you can get refills with proof of purchase at a discounted price (the main thread says how much - I can't recall). Still not cheap to perform, but it's worth it on occasion and much easier to perform than Fuze, which never did feel quite comfortable to me...could never get it consistent.
Aberdeen1234
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Aberdeen1234
It's true, these gimmicks would take time to make. The ones you buy are certainly well made.
korttihai_82
View Profile
Inner circle
Finland
1880 Posts

Profile of korttihai_82
In all honesty the gimmicks take that long to make IF you count up all the waiting time to em... Making em doesn't take that long time and isn't nearly as hard as people make it sound like IF you are already really good at making custom cards.

Hobbyists might whine about the price but for a pro the cost is absolutely nothing to impress certain clients. A full sheet of flash paper costs about the same than one regeneration card and yet I don't see people whining how expensive floating rose is to perform Smile

J-M
TravisNye
View Profile
Regular user
122 Posts

Profile of TravisNye
Any idea where to get refills for the effect? I can make then myself but would be convenient to just buy them lol. I couldn't find any listed online.
sgtgrey
View Profile
Special user
Austin, TX
839 Posts

Profile of sgtgrey
Contact Theory11 and provide proof of purchase. They should be able to hook you up.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Regeneration by Blake Vogt (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL