The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Are you worried about having your bag stolen? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Senor Fabuloso
View Profile
Regular user
105 Posts

Profile of Senor Fabuloso
There are many small things now that will alarm you on cell phone or just loud that you can attache to your bag. If it's moved or picked up it make noise and send you alert. Check Amazon for them.
"When I was young I thought I was clever and could change the world. But now I am wise and instead changed MYSELF." Sudo Nimh
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5679 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
Hide a tracking chip in the lining of your bag. They're rather cheap, now, and the police can locate the thieves, and the bag.
Ihop
View Profile
Inner circle
Glen Spey, NY
1429 Posts

Profile of Ihop
Alan,
You're right on.
Those tracking chips are quite cheap now.
That's a good solution.
Ihor
Senor Fabuloso
View Profile
Regular user
105 Posts

Profile of Senor Fabuloso
Quote:
On Nov 19, 2017, Alan Munro wrote:
Hide a tracking chip in the lining of your bag. They're rather cheap, now, and the police can locate the thieves, and the bag.

Great to get your bag back after it's stolen but what I said will let you stop your bag from being stolen in the first place.
"When I was young I thought I was clever and could change the world. But now I am wise and instead changed MYSELF." Sudo Nimh
Ihop
View Profile
Inner circle
Glen Spey, NY
1429 Posts

Profile of Ihop
Quote:
On Nov 1, 2017, Senor Fabuloso wrote:
There are many small things now that will alarm you on cell phone or just loud that you can attache to your bag. If it's moved or picked up it make noise and send you alert. Check Amazon for them.

I used an alarm system on my luggage about 30 years ago when I did wedding videos. Sometimes thieves would take your case when you are standing right next to it.
I ended up hardly using it because every time I put the case down I had to activate the motion sensor alarm. This was done with a combination code. So if I had to get my wallet or money or anything at all, I had to put in a combination code and put down the case and then again to deactivate it. If I'm working and have to get something out of my case in a hurry, I have to deactivate the alarm first, get what I need and then activate it again.
I checked Amazon as you suggested but I couldn't find anything that is practical.
Would you let me know which alarm you had in mind? I would appreciate it.
Thanks,
Ihor
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Are you worried about having your bag stolen? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2017 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL