The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » Penguin Magic Discussion Forums (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
sirbrad
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
2096 Posts

Profile of sirbrad
Nice to see the Penguin Forums back up finally!
The great trouble with magicians is the fact that they believe when they have bought a certain trick or piece of apparatus, and know the method or procedure, that they are full-fledged mystifiers. -- Harry Houdini
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1790 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
Quote:
On Apr 26, 2015, sirbrad wrote:
Nice to see the Penguin Forums back up finally!

All I see are "Magic Questions" not even close to the old forums.I think the magic question page is really lame.Pengium needs the bring back the old forums...we all miss them.
Acar just read what everybody is saying....its a no brainer....BRING THE FORUMS BACK !!!!
Don
sirbrad
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
2096 Posts

Profile of sirbrad
No they got the regular forums back up now, works for me. http://www.penguinmagic.com/discuss/index.php But the link from the main page still goes to the questions if that where you tried it. You have to have the direct address as I had it saved. They need to fix the link and just do away with that horrible questions format.
The great trouble with magicians is the fact that they believe when they have bought a certain trick or piece of apparatus, and know the method or procedure, that they are full-fledged mystifiers. -- Harry Houdini
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1790 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
Thanks sirbrad
Tukaram
View Profile
Loyal user
Iloilo, Philippines
227 Posts

Profile of Tukaram
Awesome! Now we just have to let everyone know they are back....
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1790 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
So far not many or any post there.I hope it comes back to where it used to be but I have my doubts.

Posted: Apr 29, 2015 06:00 pm
I never heard why Acar got rid of the forums in the first place. I think it was a bad business decision. Lots of magicians belonged and that keep people going to the site. We all know the more people the more chance you have to sell.
sirbrad
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
2096 Posts

Profile of sirbrad
They need to change the link back on the main page so that it goes to the forums again not the questions. Otherwise new and old members will not know the forums are there without the direct link I posted. They probably thought many would not take the time to join up and simply want fast answers and to post questions on the main page. I do not like that format though. The forums give you more of an identity, the questions page are like anonymous robots talking.
NYCJoePitt
View Profile
Special user
558 Posts

Profile of NYCJoePitt
Holy Crapola! They are back, they are REALLY back! The forums along with all their histories are back and accessible to us for any trick you have purchased from Penguin.

Still no explanation as to why they have been gone for 2 years except for an experiment gone awry, but these forums are SO MUCH better!

Smile
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1790 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
Seems like the Penguin Forums site is down again....good going.
sirbrad
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
2096 Posts

Profile of sirbrad
Well that didn't last long lol.
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1790 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
I hope Acar is reading this.I'm done with Penguin Magic.I'll buy my magic someplace else.I hope others do the same.Now I'm off to "unsubscribe" to their emails.

Don
sirbrad
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
2096 Posts

Profile of sirbrad
Yeah I don't understand the up and down of the forums, they have had more ups and downs than an elevator in NYC. Why not just leave the D*** forums up?
Wabojeg
View Profile
New user
Ann Arbor
78 Posts

Profile of Wabojeg
I'm just catching up here. I still don't see the forums. I agree with Don on this. Mistakes happen, we miscalculate how customers will handle change, servers crash that aren't backed up, whatever...but own up to it. Communicate. Don't lie. Just a few of the things you want in someone you are doing business with. I enjoy looking at their website and reading their reviews and if it is something I want, I go buy it someplace else. If they are the only ones that sell it, I do without. I'm sure they are not missing my money and eventually enough new people come into magic that this will be forgotten and they will do great, but I won't forget it.
sirbrad
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
2096 Posts

Profile of sirbrad
I still buy there and I am probably one of their top 5 customers, and I do like the fast shipping and them showing my order being packed. I also bought based on having PO forums which was a selling point, and when you take that away that is fraud. But I still like the customer service and fast shipping and prices are sometimes a lot better than retail. I get why they keep messing with the forums though. Unless the Café has something to do with it and does not want the competition since Penguin is a sponsor. But I agree own up to it and just tell the truth.
Tukaram
View Profile
Loyal user
Iloilo, Philippines
227 Posts

Profile of Tukaram
That did not last long. Very unprofessional. Forums are not that hard to run guys... come on.
sirbrad
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
2096 Posts

Profile of sirbrad
Yeah this is just stupid. I had some pages open when they were back reading old posts then the next day it is back to this crap.
BalukMagic
View Profile
Veteran user
Toronto, Canada
319 Posts

Profile of BalukMagic
Ah, this gives hope though. Those archives are invaluable!
sirbrad
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
2096 Posts

Profile of sirbrad
They must have something going on with the Café so there is no competition since they are a sponsor. What I don't like is the silence and ignoring the issue. Just come out and tell the truth instead of hiding in silence like a coward.
mantel
View Profile
Special user
922 Posts

Profile of mantel
For some reason Ellusionist has shutdown their forums as well.

http://forums.ellusionist.com/announcement.php?f=20
BalukMagic
View Profile
Veteran user
Toronto, Canada
319 Posts

Profile of BalukMagic
I wonder if these will ever come back up Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » Penguin Magic Discussion Forums (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL