The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » A new mentalist tool...coming soon! (12 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
elimagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Is the number you're thinking of...
1317 Posts

Profile of elimagic
Finally received. Apparently in the crazy Christmas mail the first package was lost. Mindfx immediately shipped me a second one, tracked and insured to my door and unlike the fist one, the post didn't lose it haha.

I won't give a full review since I just received it, however I will echo the praise for this device. It is simple, very simple to use and operate. It looks completely normal and I will have no guilt pulling this out in front of an audience. Seems like it should last, but time will tell of course. I would definitely recommend this.

-Eli
Mentalist, Magician, Agent of Awe
caigy
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1061 Posts

Profile of caigy
Quote:
On Jan 3, 2016, elimagic wrote:
Finally received. Apparently in the crazy Christmas mail the first package was lost. Mindfx immediately shipped me a second one, tracked and insured to my door and unlike the fist one, the post didn't lose it haha.

I won't give a full review since I just received it, however I will echo the praise for this device. It is simple, very simple to use and operate. It looks completely normal and I will have no guilt pulling this out in front of an audience. Seems like it should last, but time will tell of course. I would definitely recommend this.

-Eli

Great news Eli...Michael Murray is a top bloke!

Luca still performs and lectures with the original prototype I made for him almost three years ago and although it is not finished to the same standard as our seamstress, Rebecca, achieves, the quality and durability of the materials the TBC Box is constructed from, have ensured that it looks and operates exactly the same today as it did then Smile

We are thinking about adding our Customers' routines/handling tips etc. to the accompanying TBC Box booklet next year, so please let us know how you get on with yours in performance and feel free to contact either Luca or myself should you have any queries or additional handling ideas which you may wish to contribute.

All the best for 2016 to you, all of our valued Customers and all here on the Café.

Paul Mc.
Exclusive Worldwide Supplier of the Grismer Lock.

Top Class, Individually Crafted Performance Pieces, For The Discerning Psychological Entertainer

www.psychicmentality.com www.cards4magic.co.uk
aviso
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of aviso
I've now been using this item solidly for 6 months in my act and can honestly say it is a worker.
It delivers everything from size and packing convenience to simplicity and helping deliver mystery without anything fiddly and above suspicion.
caigy
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1061 Posts

Profile of caigy
Thank you Steve.

We are chuffed that you are putting it through it's paces too! Smile

And you are absolutely correct in saying that it is above suspicion because it appears to be exactly what it is...an everyday, small, collapsible, drawer storage box.

All the best,

Paul.

Top Class, Individually Crafted Performance Pieces, For The Discerning Psychological Entertainer

elimagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Is the number you're thinking of...
1317 Posts

Profile of elimagic
Quote:
On Jan 4, 2016, caigy wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 3, 2016, elimagic wrote:

-Eli

Great news Eli...Michael Murray is a top bloke!

Luca still performs and lectures with the original prototype I made for him almost three years ago and although it is not finished to the same standard as our seamstress, Rebecca, achieves, the quality and durability of the materials the TBC Box is constructed from, have ensured that it looks and operates exactly the same today as it did then Smile

We are thinking about adding our Customers' routines/handling tips etc. to the accompanying TBC Box booklet next year, so please let us know how you get on with yours in performance and feel free to contact either Luca or myself should you have any queries or additional handling ideas which you may wish to contribute.

All the best for 2016 to you, all of our valued Customers and all here on the Café.

Paul Mc.

Would existing customers have access to the new handlings?
Mentalist, Magician, Agent of Awe
caigy
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1061 Posts

Profile of caigy
[/quote]

Would existing customers have access to the new handlings? [/quote]

Yes they would Eli.

Although we are still undecided as to whether this would be provided as hardcopy update, or as a password protected link via the PsychicMentality and MindFX websites.

I suppose that the advantage of a link is we could feature actual performance footage, as well as written ideas but we will see what the majority prefer.

All the best,

Paul.

lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
2937 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
Thanks guys for the feedback!
We hopefully will collect some new ideas and we will do a pdf that will be sent to old and new customer, via PsychicMentality and Mindfx.
At the moment we are working on a special "add on" for the box...more info coming soon (I hope..lol...)
lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
2937 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
Just notice that is sold out AGAIN from MIndfx...
http://www.mindfx.co.uk/collections/mind......l-mccaig
Guys let us know in time when you need as to fulfill all the orders can take some time, but we are moving fast to make new batches Smile
Thanks
Luca
Boo de Hoop
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
101 Posts

Profile of Boo de Hoop
Quote:
On Jan 5, 2016, lucavolpe wrote:
We hopefully will collect some new ideas and we will do a pdf that will be sent to old and new customer, via PsychicMentality and Mindfx.
At the moment we are working on a special "add on" for the box...more info coming soon (I hope..lol...)

Are you going to present the "add on" at the Mind Summit?
Sorry for my English! My German is a little bit better ;-)
lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
2937 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
Quote:
On Feb 23, 2016, Boo de Hoop wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 5, 2016, lucavolpe wrote:

Are you going to present the "add on" at the Mind Summit?

I am not sure the add on will be presented at MIndsummit as I have a new release there (hopefully) called NINE, but I will have a couple of TBC BOX available Smile
Boo de Hoop
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
101 Posts

Profile of Boo de Hoop
I know, that curiosity killed the cat.
But I really would like to know a little bit more about NINE Smile
lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
2937 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
Quote:
On Feb 23, 2016, Boo de Hoop wrote:
I know, that curiosity killed the cat.
But I really would like to know a little bit more about NINE Smile

Well...you will know soon Smile
lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
2937 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
Hi guys just to want to let you know that at Minsummit I will have only two available,as we are filling a lot of orders at the moment and as each one is made to order, I can't get more than two. So, in case you want one directly at mindsummit pm me and I can save one for you.
Thanks
Boo de Hoop
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
101 Posts

Profile of Boo de Hoop
What about the add-on? Will you show it at Mindsummit? If not, I will try to make you drunk at the bar to get more information Smile
lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
2937 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
No news yet, we had no time to work on it as for all the other releases we had, but....maybe...I will tell you something at Mindsummit Smile actually I will have two boxes available for sale plus some of my new book releases Smile
lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
2937 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
So the success of the TBC Box at mindsummit was huge! I have performed a full routine with it and Im glad the people understood the great and unique potential of it!
We are now filling all the orders so if you want yours make sure to contact me asap as we have quite a big cue if orders.
For all the people that still don't know what the tbc box is here are some important points:

1.The tbc box is the only switch device that can be showed empty from the beginning (already loaded up to 50 billets) is a HUGE convincer! You can "zip shut" and build in front of the people and you are in FULL control. The gimmick can be open and closed VERY fast so you can switch and re-switch quickly. No big panels to move all happen with your fingers!
2. you can easly steal,add,switch billets in seconds!
3. Professionally made, hard material (no cardboard) nothing to build, can be prepared flat already loaded.
Smooth working nothing to break!
Chris Meece
View Profile
Special user
Somerset Kentucky
727 Posts

Profile of Chris Meece
Any chance for purchasers of the TBC box to get their hands on this new pdf and video? (Obviously after verifying we are owners) Also, I'd love to get on the mailing list for the addon.

Review coming after I've used the box for a while. I mainly want to focus on what differentiates this from the Amazebox and the Open Billet box. I'm not let down that I own all three now. They serve different, distinct purposes.
All small town magicians know what 793.8 signifies.
caigy
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1061 Posts

Profile of caigy
Hi Chris,

pm'd you.

Paul Mc.

Chris Meece
View Profile
Special user
Somerset Kentucky
727 Posts

Profile of Chris Meece
Ok, I am too excited about this to wait for weeks to tell my initial perceptions about it .. so here goes.

Disappointment.

But hear me out. I was hoping for some gimicky device that would blow my magician's mind away and not be a duplicate of the concept I had been using before with the Open Billet box I built. But then I read the manual. Was I ever wrong. This isn't simply a !@#$*ing device, it is so much more.

Here is why it differs from my previously used boxes:

1) Open Billet box: this box is huge and will not collapse. In fact it is sitting there beside my magic table and suitcase table. There is no pack flat aspect to this item. It was cheap and it introduced me to this type of device, but it has its limitations. It allows a !@#$* but that is it. Due to the construction, I wasn't able to access the spectator's billets easily, nor was their any built in motivation to do so. That severely limited doing a Q&A act.

2) Amazebox box: origami meets magic. I absolutely love this box. It is totally hands off... and it is made of cardboard. I love the fact that the spectators put in the billets and then later the box can be opened by a spectator. So, so very cool ... go out and buy this. However, once again this is a !@#$* and that's it. It is even more difficult to access the spectator's billets than with the open billet box. And once again, this box will not collapse.

Which brings me to the TBC box. It packs flat! It packs flat with billets in it! And you can easily access both compartments. (If this is too much exposure please edit this) I originally assumed using this device as a Q&A act would be done with all force billets. Absolutely not, you are divining their actual written billets. The audience members will know when you are recalling their billets. This is huge! It also allows smaller audiences to be used where other methods would have been tipped if the spectators talked to each other.

I can't wait to get the hands off addon. With that addition it will surpass both the open billet box and amazebox.

Edit: I guess the Café' edits my shorthand to be profanities.
All small town magicians know what 793.8 signifies.
Ypnoze
View Profile
Veteran user
314 Posts

Profile of Ypnoze
Is the TBC suited for a stage show with more than 500 people or is it more for a parlor show

By this I don't mean that the 500 people will put a billet in it, but if it plays well in this environement

Thanks
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » A new mentalist tool...coming soon! (12 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL