The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » Balloon Modelling Magic! (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Matty12
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of Matty12
Hi Magicians

Hope you are all well!

I have been doing balloon modelling for a while know at children parties however I would really like to incorporate balloon magic into the balloon modelling routine however I have no clue and have looked everywhere.

I do have a couple of ideas, I found a thread with a cut and restore discussion however no links to how you perform the 260q cut and restore but I am open to any suggestions!

It would be really helpful if you do give me advice about certain magic tricks if you could provide a link where to buy the tricks from as well or the book/DVD

Thanks

Matt
:)
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5698 Posts

Profile of Christopher Lyle
The Balloon Swallow is a great way to get instant attention! I've done it for children and adults and it always plays great!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yv-ebKbrkdU
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
Magician, Comic, Daredevil, and Balloon Twisting Genius
For a Good Time...CLICK HERE!
Wes Holly
View Profile
Special user
Cincinnati, OH, USA
644 Posts

Profile of Wes Holly
Quote:
On 2014-02-13 06:57, Matty12 wrote:
I would really like to incorporate balloon magic into the balloon modelling routine

If you go to an online magic store and type "balloon" into the search function you should find several ready-made props/routines that use balloons.

Inflated 260's can be tied into an "impossible knot"
Use a 260 in an appearing cane
Balloon swallow
Cut & restored round balloon or heart balloon
Using a TT, or similar, you can switch one color for another
A production box/tube can be used to magically produce the balloons used for twisting
260's can be made into juggling rings
Tie a 260 into a circle and pair it with an inflated straight 260 for a spinning plate set up. Make up several to let the kids spin while waiting in line.
A crystal tube can use 646's instead of silks
Candle-thru-arm can use a 646 instead of your arm
Many many others are out there.
Happily Yours,
Wes Holly
www.wesholly.com
Cincinnati, OH, USA
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
Balloon swallow gets my vote. My routine is posted here a few posts down. I also have a routine for adults. The routine is described in Teach Yourself Easy Magic Tricks.
Amazing Magic Co
View Profile
Inner circle
1715 Posts

Profile of Amazing Magic Co
It would be criminal not to mention Jeff Hobson's Balloon Bag. That is a staple for me in most every kids show.

Dan.
Karen Climer
View Profile
Veteran user
Orlando, Florida
324 Posts

Profile of Karen Climer
Don Caldwell had a book called Things That Fell Out Of My Head. He offered it free on balloonhq.com for a while. I assume it's still there. It has some great magic tricks.
Matty12
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of Matty12
Thanks for all the replies! Sorry I did not get back sooner to the posts but my laptop had to go to tech hospital. I am at Blackpool at the moment so I will right a more detailed responses next week. Smile
Buster Balloon
View Profile
Regular user
168 Posts

Profile of Buster Balloon
Buster Balloon's Encyclopedia of Balloon Gags Vol. 1
http://www.balloon-animals.com/catalog/p......ts_id=72

Buster Balloon's Encyclopedia of Balloon Gags Vol. 2
http://www.balloon-animals.com/catalog/p......ts_id=86
Buster Balloon
Creative Genius, Balloon Twisting Savant, & Pre-Sweetened Breakfast Cereal Connoisseur
http://BusterBalloon.com
TKD27
View Profile
Elite user
Wallingford, CT
458 Posts

Profile of TKD27
For folks in the magic community who may not know, the general consensus in the balloon community is that anything from Buster Balloon is gold. I saw his Encyclopedia of Balloon Gags Volume 1 and I can tell you that it full of fun, magic related gags. In fact, my only (very minor) criticism of it is that a few of the gags rely a little too heavily on magic props, like thumbtips and die tubes, for a DVD marketed toward an audience with a sizable number of non-magicians.

This is to say that if you are a magician looking for a way to do magic with balloons, this is absolutely the video for you.

(I haven't picked up Volume 2 yet, but it's probably going to be my next video purchase when I have the extra money).

Also, here's a quick, fun trick from Mark Byrne: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mmUsIhYLiA
wally
View Profile
Inner circle
1830 Posts

Profile of wally
Ilike the Mark Byrne clip, I will try this at my kids shows.
wally
View Profile
Inner circle
1830 Posts

Profile of wally
Anyone got this for sale or trade , Buster Balloon's Encyclopedia of Balloon Gags Vol.2, I just want the balloon thru body,
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7565 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Hi Wally -

I believe that "Buster Balloon's Encyclopedia of Balloon Gags Vol.2" is a download (meant for one user only), so it's not really a DVD that can be watched and then re-sold.

Downloads are like PDFs, they aren't allowed to be re-sold.

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
wally
View Profile
Inner circle
1830 Posts

Profile of wally
I see, I sent a message to Don Caldwell, no reply.
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7565 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
According to an easy search, Buster Balloon hasn't posted on the Magic Café since January 2015. So, I wouldn't think he's around here any more. I wouldn't try to reach him via PM on the Café, if his last post here was nearly 4 years ago.

He's much more active on Facebook, etc. I'd contact him there. (He's also active on Instagram, according to his website.)

There's also a link to his website in his Magic Café signature. That would be another place to reach out to him, I would guess.

- Donald

P.S. It's my understanding that Don had his name legally changed to Buster Balloon a few years ago, and doesn't go by the name Don Caldwell any more. I'm sure that others know, and will back me up on this.
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
Al-Quadir Marsh (formerly known as Wiz Kid Qua-Fiki) and I are currently working on "Balloon Twisting MAGIC!" that will appear in The Wizards' Journal #42, currently under construction. Unlike many other books on the subject that merely burst a balloon to make a regular magic trick happen (like Ken de Courcy's 1979 "Magic Balloons", this e-Book shows non-magician balloon twisters how to do Magic WITH their balloons as the props. It uses tricks they can include in their Balloon Twisting performances without resorting to investing in expensive magic props. It will also be of interest to magicians who are also balloon twisters, so they can continue their magic shows right into their lucrative balloon twisting businesses.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » Balloon Modelling Magic! (3 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL