The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » 3's A Crowd by Mark Mason (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
S-Branham
View Profile
Elite user
Folsom, CA
456 Posts

Profile of S-Branham
http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/4009

it qualifies for PENGUIN FLAT-PACKâ„¢ (World-wide free shipping)

Remove three 3’s from any deck, hand them out for full examination. The 3’s are slowly but surely mixed in between 3 indifferent cards. Without any moves, switches or sleights, the 3’s separate themselves from the other cards.
3's A Crowd by Mark Mason

This is repeated a second time with the 3’s face up. The 3's are once again mixed in between any 3 regular cards in the cleanest, fairest manner. The spectator actually sees every 3 being placed in between any three indifferent cards. Under these impossible circumstances, the cards once again separate from each other.

No sleight of hand
Super easy to do
The gaff can be left in any deck all the time, so you are always ready to perform
No reset.

3's a Crowd comes complete with two special gimmicks one red, one blue and a full training DVD.

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/4009
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4747 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Saw Mark do this. Very nice.
Sashac
View Profile
Inner circle
1041 Posts

Profile of Sashac
I personally don't feel you would need a gimmick to achieve this and it would look EXACTLY the same. Would love to hear some thoughts from someone who owns this.
S-Branham
View Profile
Elite user
Folsom, CA
456 Posts

Profile of S-Branham
I think a gimmick free version would not look as clean, unless you are Rene Lavand...LOL

~Steve
jtmorris
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
158 Posts

Profile of jtmorris
I've been doing this gimmick free for years and it hits super hard. With no gimmicks, it's impromptu, you can use any card, and people can examine the deck because there is absolutely nothing to find. Does anyone know the history of this general effect? I learned it from a friend in grade school, but have never found a source. I was surprised to see this.

However, to be fair this version looks great too!
"Looks like a camera trick!" "I had to watch it 5 times before I...still didn't figure it out" - COINTUM-LEAP

Unbelievable, visual, simple, and motivated mix of cards and coins. COINTUM-LEAP
magicbyswh
View Profile
Inner circle
North East Tennessee
1550 Posts

Profile of magicbyswh
Same here no gimmicks needed to do this. I am sure mark will sell a bunch when he demos this.
Creator of Cereal Brainwave, Creator of the Tossed out Book
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
Nice looking effect.
Todd
Robvs
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Profile of Robvs
I'm interested in performing an ungaffed version. Can anyone direct me to a resource?
magicbyswh
View Profile
Inner circle
North East Tennessee
1550 Posts

Profile of magicbyswh
Quote:
On Mar 25, 2014, magicbyswh wrote:
Same here no gimmicks needed to do this. I am sure mark will sell a bunch when he demos this.

Oops The way I did it well it did use a gimmick. I guess I was brain dead earlier. Me personally I just do not see the wow factor. To each his own though.
Creator of Cereal Brainwave, Creator of the Tossed out Book
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Robvs, there is an ungimmicked effect similar to this in Scarne On Card Tricks. It's a Dai Vernon effect. Can't remember the name. Think he used Queens.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
krowboom
View Profile
Loyal user
Chicago area
233 Posts

Profile of krowboom
That effect is called Vernon's three card assembly and is similar but not nearly as strong as the Mason effect.
Robvs
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Profile of Robvs
Hey thanks guys!
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
It seems to me I've seen this exact effect somewhere else. Since this is latest and greatest and I haven't seen this effect, my speculation is this uses a d******** c*** in the third position on top of the deck. I could be wrong.

Was this in Mark Wilson's book?

KJ
Lseeyou
View Profile
Inner circle
1271 Posts

Profile of Lseeyou
1KJ you are wrong, none of that Smile

Cool neat effect
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Quote:
On Mar 28, 2014, Lseeyou wrote:
1KJ you are wrong, none of that Smile

Cool neat effect

ok. Looks real good. It sounds like this might come with an interesting gimmick then.

KJ
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
Very good effect indeed.
Todd Smile
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2067 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
This is one of those so simple yet so effective tricks.. highly recommend
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - -
www.davidjonathanmagic.com
BeauGoldly
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of BeauGoldly
Just got this. But the DVD is for Pocket Money. Labeled as 3's A Crowd, but wrong video. Anyone else have this problem?
TravisNye
View Profile
Regular user
122 Posts

Profile of TravisNye
As soon as I seen the demo video I started playing with simple sleights and no gimmicks. I performed it once for a person who owns it and he assumed I used the gimmick. When I told him I did not use the gimmick and revealed my method he now performs it my way without a gimmick
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
Took this to work today and used
it on about 20 different people.
And got great reactions from all of them.
Todd
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » 3's A Crowd by Mark Mason (3 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL