The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » What happened to the CODE (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Wow what happened to the CODE thread,must of turned ugly then?.
Gaz_Japan
View Profile
Regular user
150 Posts

Profile of Gaz_Japan
Last time I looked there was talk of exposure.
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Quote:
On 2014-02-15 04:26, Gaz_Japan wrote:
Last time I looked there was talk of exposure.

Arh well glad it has been taken off,it was getting that way with a newbie ruining a perfectly good thread.
phillipsart
View Profile
Veteran user
Australia
310 Posts

Profile of phillipsart
Im glad I'm not the only one to notice. Its got all strange that thread.
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
Yep. I'm sure it will be back after some sensible editing.
brandon90
View Profile
Special user
Iowa
716 Posts

Profile of brandon90
Just an in-experienced performer having a "bad" experience with The Code.. when I say bad experience.. I mean that person revealing the method to laymen.
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
It did become quite hilarious.
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
4191 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
Seems like I missed all the fun.
Mark Chandaue A.I.M.C.
Harpacrown and Harpacrown Too are available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
We keep seeing this. The arrogant cocky young guys showing magic off to their friends - challenging them and trying to prove they are cool.

Gaffed and funky section has another guy now complaining about the Phoenix MD too. Keeps getting caught when handing cards out to prove they are "ordinary"

These pseudo performers wrongly blame their decks and tools.

I hope the code thread cones back. With the goofy posts removed.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
Heh heh. Just had a look: classic.
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
I saw that in Gaffed and funky and thought OH NO not again,lol
brandon90
View Profile
Special user
Iowa
716 Posts

Profile of brandon90
I know this isn't the official thread for The Code, but Im not gong to let one person ruin the discussion for the rest of us..

I performed The Code last night for some friends as a test run... I blew their minds.. did a simple mind reading.. then a group of people walked up and my friend asked me to do another for them, so I predicted the amount of cards he was holding before having him count them out loud and then I told him what the last card in his hand would be... It killed!

I really enjoy The Code - and will continue to carry it with me wherever I go.. I just did a simple This N That, French Kiss, Smoke and then went into The Code
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
Nice.
Dan McLean
View Profile
Inner circle
Mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur
1261 Posts

Profile of Dan McLean
Hmm. I was involved in another thread, which was pulled twice and edited. Sorry this happened to The Code. I hope this isn't a trend.
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
Dude, make sure your colander is firmly strapped up before you post. Otherwise they will be reading your mind and stuff. That is really bad, okay, because they are totally watching us.

I have overlooked this important factor in the past, and whole threads have been edited as a result. This included my bad language being deleted, right, which makes no sense at all.

I can't explain it any other way, but just watch out, because they are so on your case. Smile
gvinson
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of gvinson
I am a newbie to this forum so please be kind. (Hope I did not do anything wrong with this post) I used an effect with the code and it was awesome! Here was the effect: I had two blue decks in their cases under glass tumblers on the table with a red deck in the middle. I had the spectator select a card from the red deck and I separated it from the face down spread. I then asked the spectator to look at the card, show everyone in the room and place it back in the deck, shuffle and put it back in the card case, after I left the room. When I returned I was able to magically tell the spectator that their card was the 22 card from the top of the deck in one of the blue decks. Another spectator removed the card case from under the glass, counted the cards from the top and then I asked what their card was before turning over the 22nd card. It was their card. They were blown away at this point. Then I removed the second blue deck from it's case and told them that I turned one card over in the deck before hand. As I fanned out the cards face up, the only card face down was their card. This really blew everyone away, and after doing about an hour of magic everyone like this trick the best.

Thanks to the CODE and an I________ D________.
cirrus
View Profile
Inner circle
his minions made
1751 Posts

Profile of cirrus
I haven't bought the code yet, as I use another MD. Can someone say if the advice on the dvd is tranferable to other decks as well?
kumpletoo
View Profile
Regular user
101 Posts

Profile of kumpletoo
This is one awesome effect (the code and ID combo). I might have to give it a try.
Quote:
On 2014-02-18 10:08, gvinson wrote:
I am a newbie to this forum so please be kind. (Hope I did not do anything wrong with this post) I used an effect with the code and it was awesome! Here was the effect: I had two blue decks in their cases under glass tumblers on the table with a red deck in the middle. I had the spectator select a card from the red deck and I separated it from the face down spread. I then asked the spectator to look at the card, show everyone in the room and place it back in the deck, shuffle and put it back in the card case, after I left the room. When I returned I was able to magically tell the spectator that their card was the 22 card from the top of the deck in one of the blue decks. Another spectator removed the card case from under the glass, counted the cards from the top and then I asked what their card was before turning over the 22nd card. It was their card. They were blown away at this point. Then I removed the second blue deck from it's case and told them that I turned one card over in the deck before hand. As I fanned out the cards face up, the only card face down was their card. This really blew everyone away, and after doing about an hour of magic everyone like this trick the best.

saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On 2014-02-18 10:08, gvinson wrote:

Clever idea. Thanks for sharing
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
S-Branham
View Profile
Elite user
Folsom, CA
456 Posts

Profile of S-Branham
They were out of stock for a while..they are back now.

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/3798

~Steve
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » What happened to the CODE (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL