The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » What happened to the CODE (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
brandon90
View Profile
Special user
Iowa
717 Posts

Profile of brandon90
Quote:
On Mar 6, 2014, Pasteboard Alchemist wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 6, 2014, Tony Iacoviello wrote:
I would just replace it with a card from a standard deck. You know which one was replaced...

This is a viable solution. Do note, however, that three pieces of information will need to be retained and associated with that missing card. Also, make sure you're replacing it with an 809 Mandolin back card--not a Rider back card.

Me? I'd simply keep using it with the signature card in there.

Thanks for the suggestions guys!

I do not own any mandolin backs and I plan on using The Code this weekend..

I think for now, Ill keep the signed card in there... Ill know exactly what to say, depending on the situation.
cirrus
View Profile
Inner circle
his minions made
1751 Posts

Profile of cirrus
I bought the code a few days ago. It will arrive tommorow. I know it's good because so many reviewed it as such. I'm just curious what's possible with it.
brandon90
View Profile
Special user
Iowa
717 Posts

Profile of brandon90
Quote:
On Mar 6, 2014, cirrus wrote:
I bought the code a few days ago. It will arrive tommorow. I know it's good because so many reviewed it as such. I'm just curious what's possible with it.

Theres so many possibilities.. Sky is the limit Smile

I carry it with me whenever I go out.. it can be used for other card effects as well !

It kills too.. great mind reading... leaves you open to many possibilities.
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Quote:
On Feb 18, 2014, gvinson wrote:
I am a newbie to this forum so please be kind. (Hope I did not do anything wrong with this post) I used an effect with the code and it was awesome! Here was the effect: I had two blue decks in their cases under glass tumblers on the table with a red deck in the middle. I had the spectator select a card from the red deck and I separated it from the face down spread. I then asked the spectator to look at the card, show everyone in the room and place it back in the deck, shuffle and put it back in the card case, after I left the room. When I returned I was able to magically tell the spectator that their card was the 22 card from the top of the deck in one of the blue decks. Another spectator removed the card case from under the glass, counted the cards from the top and then I asked what their card was before turning over the 22nd card. It was their card. They were blown away at this point. Then I removed the second blue deck from it's case and told them that I turned one card over in the deck before hand. As I fanned out the cards face up, the only card face down was their card. This really blew everyone away, and after doing about an hour of magic everyone like this trick the best.

Thanks to the CODE and an I________ D________.

What an awesome routine! love it.
RichardAwesome
View Profile
New user
46 Posts

Profile of RichardAwesome
I love it too! I use it so much it's becoming a bit loose and distressed (as am I as a result). Do you know if they sell just the deck without the DVD? I'm certainly fine buying whole thing. Curious...
kumpletoo
View Profile
Regular user
101 Posts

Profile of kumpletoo
Quote:
On Mar 16, 2014, RichardAwesome wrote:
I love it too! I use it so much it's becoming a bit loose and distressed (as am I as a result). Do you know if they sell just the deck without the DVD? I'm certainly fine buying whole thing. Curious...

You can buy spare Code decks from theory11, but you have to provide them a proof of purchase that you bought the DVD and Code deck set.

I bought five spare Code decks when I ordered mine from theory11.
SpaceOfAdes
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of SpaceOfAdes
Quote:
On Mar 5, 2014, saysold1 wrote:
I think some even did a bit where they spread some M cards across a pool table - mixed them and had someone shoot the ball. Wherever it landed - card taken but remains face down. Pull out your ID - do reveal of one face down card - then instruct spectator to look at theirs - the one the ball landed on.

Well Dynamo certainly did the pool table, bit, but I don't remember an ID being involved - thought the ball just stopped at a previously selected card, so assumed it was a OWF deck. Not to say someone else couldn't have dona a similar trick with a different method. I like yours better - the other risks exposure as the cards are well out of control for a deck sw***h if spread all over the table ;-)
SpaceOfAdes
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of SpaceOfAdes
Quote:
On Mar 6, 2014, bgm4gic wrote:
I like this idea.. Im going to give it a shot..

B'dum tish!
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Mar 17, 2014, SpaceOfAdes wrote:
Quote:

B'dum tish!

Smile
deanbarlow
View Profile
Loyal user
264 Posts

Profile of deanbarlow
The Code is awesome, I use it for obtaining information from a list and then conduct a strong mentalism piece. A great deck with many, many uses.
SpaceOfAdes
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of SpaceOfAdes
Quote:
On Mar 18, 2014, pegasus wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 17, 2014, SpaceOfAdes wrote:
Quote:

B'dum tish!

Smile

'A shot', y'know, like what you'd have to take at the pool table... (the trick in question: cards spread on pool table, ball comes to rest - ID the card it stops at. See above for full description!)
SpaceOfAdes
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of SpaceOfAdes
Quote:
I think some even did a bit where they spread some M cards across a pool table - mixed them and had someone shoot the ball. Wherever it landed - card taken but remains face down. Pull out your ID - do reveal of one face down card - then instruct spectator to look at theirs - the one the ball landed on.

Sorry to keep dragging the thread further off topic, but having invoked the name of the little northern monkey, I thought it only fair to investigate who actually originated this effect. It appears to be widely credited to Eddie Fields who used an ID, and crops up periodically with renewed interest, usually when it's been done on TV. There is lots of discussion around variations of performance and method if you google 'pool table card trick'. Thanks for bringing it up, interesting concept.

Now back to your scheduled discussion of The Code!
QuailCreek
View Profile
Veteran user
McKenna, WA
388 Posts

Profile of QuailCreek
Can anyone say how easy it is to see what needs to be seen on this deck. Maybe give a max distance requirement for those with older eyes.
Regards,
Silverthorne
Tom Dobrowolski
View Profile
Special user
657 Posts

Profile of Tom Dobrowolski
Quote:
On Mar 18, 2014, SpaceOfAdes wrote:
Quote:

Sorry to keep dragging the thread further off topic, but having invoked the name of the little northern monkey, I thought it only fair to investigate who actually originated this effect. It appears to be widely credited to Eddie Fields who used an ID, and crops up periodically with renewed interest, usually when it's been done on TV. There is lots of discussion around variations of performance and method if you google 'pool table card trick'. Thanks for bringing it up, interesting concept.

Now back to your scheduled discussion of The Code!

It absolutely was Eddie Fields who originated this routine. Glad you took the time to research and post the credit.
Baguette
View Profile
Regular user
155 Posts

Profile of Baguette
Quote:
So I accidentally signed one of the cards in my Code deck. Lol.

Do I:

1. Get a new deck. (sounds a bit extreme since its only one card)
2. Just play off the signature somehow.
3. Replace it with a duplicate card from a non-code deck.

Any help would be grateful.

i don't own the code but what I would do if I had a gaffed card from a gaffed deck signed I would just leave it in there. The chances they pick the card are very low and if they did, just 1) ask them to pick another one to make it more personal or 2) If they don't say anything (pretty rare) just keep performing the trick.

I hope I didn't expose anything and if I did could someone remove my post and tell me what I did wrong? I'm fairly new here
Ceierry
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1582 Posts

Profile of Ceierry
My secret weapon Smile I love this one
Author of 10S Star Sign Divination - olivier.ceierry@gmail.com for a digital copy.
RichardAwesome
View Profile
New user
46 Posts

Little help with THE CODE. Trying not to expose anything with this. BUT....I bought a replacement deck, one of which I've never broken the seal on nor cracked the cellophane. What does it look like right out of the box? I can't recall. Is it ready to go? There are no instructions or jokers or a list of the TS or anything are there? I know I could easily play it off if there is, but I have a big corporate gig coming up and I want to do the whole "I have here an unopened pack..." jibber jabber up top. Please help. Love you all!

RA
QuailCreek
View Profile
Veteran user
McKenna, WA
388 Posts

Profile of QuailCreek
Hi Richard,
Welcome t the Café'. The instructional DVD come with the full set. The replacement set is for those who already have the full set. To answer part of your question, the deck is ready right out of the box.
Regards,
Silverthorne
RichardAwesome
View Profile
New user
46 Posts

That's what I thought. Thanks TOM!
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Quote:
On Apr 24, 2014, RichardAwesome wrote:
Little help with THE CODE. Trying not to expose anything with this. BUT....I bought a replacement deck, one of which I've never broken the seal on nor cracked the cellophane. What does it look like right out of the box? I can't recall. Is it ready to go? There are no instructions or jokers or a list of the TS or anything are there? I know I could easily play it off if there is, but I have a big corporate gig coming up and I want to do the whole "I have here an unopened pack..." jibber jabber up top. Please help. Love you all!

RA

I like your idea of a new pack unopened, and if I giged a lot I would certainly have a few packs on me that's for sue.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » What happened to the CODE (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL