The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Amazing card trick - Shawn Farquhar (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Alikzam
View Profile
Elite user
428 Posts

Profile of Alikzam
Ya he's on the cruise ship untill that Seattle Convention. He has (I belive) two weeks off and the convention lies in there somewhere.
steiner1000
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of steiner1000
Thanks guys!

Chad
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
23971 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
This sounds very much like "Sealed Surprise" by George Schindler. I think Pete is right.

This may be why it isn't being marketed yet.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
submagi
View Profile
Loyal user
216 Posts

Profile of submagi
Where can I get Sealed Surprise by George Schindler?
Pete Biro
View Profile
V.I.P.
18233 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
From George Schindler (he runs ads in magazines).
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Shawn Farquhar
View Profile
V.I.P.
Canada
618 Posts

Profile of Shawn Farquhar
Hi Everyone,

I haven't been able to log on to the Café for awhile so I appologize for not answering some of these questions for all of you.

First, this is my original idea and not the same as George Schindler's. I loved "sealed surprise" but it is not even close in method.

I will be releasing "Signed, Sealed and Delivered" regardless of the outcome of FISM 2006. I will however wait until after the contest.

I have seen a tape from Japan of Cyril Takiama (sp?) doing my effect. I have known him for years and I am disappointed. My version appeared on Japanese TV just a week before as part of the NHK coverage of FISM. It's sad to see a talented performer resorting to this type of behavior. I thought he would have learned after the flack he got over Brett Daniels levitation?

My original version of the effect was with the card in reverse in a different colored deck. I did this variation for some time but it appeared to the audience as a tricky effect as opposed to a time travel effect.

Having the effect take place in the spectators hands and giving them the cards and box as a souvenir is, to me, the perfect scenario.

At the World Magic Seminar I did not tip this effect. I did explain a deck switch that I use and offered several great routines using an Omni Deck and a Blank deck. All of this is discussed in my lecture CD-Rom, BedJumpers.

If you have other questions I will try to help.

I leave on Saturday to rejoin my cruise ship for another year.

Cheers,

Shawn

Thanks to all of you for your interest in my magic.
Oz Fan
View Profile
Loyal user
276 Posts

Profile of Oz Fan
Try http://www.magicsupply.com they have a demo on the site for it.
Blake S.
Caleb Wiles
View Profile
Inner circle
Indianapolis, IN
1120 Posts

Profile of Caleb Wiles
I couldn't find the demo.
Oz Fan
View Profile
Loyal user
276 Posts

Profile of Oz Fan
There is a demo on there. The trick is called ReBoxed.
Blake S.
Shawn Farquhar
View Profile
V.I.P.
Canada
618 Posts

That is Steve Bewell's ReBoxed. An awesome effect but not even similar to mine. I own Steve's and it is great. So are all of his effect for that matter.

Cheers,

Shawn
learachel
View Profile
Veteran user
390 Posts

Profile of learachel
No matrix DVD in the futur?
Simon
Belgium
Shawn Farquhar
View Profile
V.I.P.
Canada
618 Posts

Almost finished the Matrix DVD. I came up with so many extra effects I had to spend more time. I have wanted to have the time to do the routines for real people here on the ship to make sure I wasn't just offering "pipe dreams" but real world material.

Thanks for asking ....

MatriXtreme the DVD soon...really

Shawn Farquhar
notnycmagic
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of notnycmagic
Tannens used to sell this for $5.
mattisdx
View Profile
Inner circle
1614 Posts

Profile of mattisdx
Shawns effects are some of the most visual that you can buy ! I love them Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Amazing card trick - Shawn Farquhar (0 Likes)
<<< Previous Topic Next Topic >>>
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001- 2014 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.316263 seconds, requiring 54 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

[1] [0] [3] [0] [8] [0] [9] [1] [0] [8]