The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Flash silk vanishing wand (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Edgar Alstad
View Profile
New user
Levanger, Norway
95 Posts

Profile of Edgar Alstad
I wonder if the Flash Silk Vanishing Wand is suitable to vanish the panties from the Silk to Panties trick? My concern is that they are to thick?
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9498 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
If this Is the Baffling Bloomers made by Rices, don't you dare. Sell those to a collector.
Of these are not silk, they probably won't fit in there.
You must be thinking of buying that wand because if you had one, you would already be able to see what it can do.

A 9 inch silk probably works best.

However, you can always roll the panties into a ball and use any wand, and mske em vanish, with the wand acting it's part as misdirection.

And now, here are 14 other guys to tell you their ideas. Some might be very good, you just have to see if they fit your style and ability.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Yes, the Flash Silk Vanishing Wand will work with the "silk" in the Silk to Panties trick on the market. I don't understand your comment. The trick is Silk To Panties, therefore, the silk is made to vanish, not the panties.

Look up my handling for the Wand in the Silk Section of the Café if interested. It takes some practice to get use to the handling. I went through several silks practicing and learning the correct handling.

I have all the Wands that were on the market recently.

I don't have the trick so I don't know how the panties are represented, but if I had to guess, do to the design of panties, it would be problematic causing them vanish using the Wand.
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Bill::: Is this "silk vanishing wand" somewhat similar to the old "Joseph "silk vanishing pistol" ?? I used to use a WILLMANN BALL to do a visible instant vanish of an 18".

I have a very THIN WAND (believe it's a P&L) about 1/4" diameter. It ejects a small scrap of silk (like a card in egg wand) but the silk scrap can be drawn back inside. You can p**m off a silk, and use the wand (somewhat like the Burling Hull "Elusive" silk vanish uses a TT w/scrap of silk) to "prove" silk is still in hand.
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Dick, the pistol wound like the silk to balls. The wand does not wind the silk.
Rainboguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1915 Posts

Profile of Rainboguy
Dick:

I'll show you mine next time you're over at the house...........the silk vanishing wand works GREAT to vanish the silk you produce from the Demon Wonder Box. Per other users posts, yes, 9 inch 5 momme silks are perfect for the silk vanishing wand...and for what its worth, this is another great reason to get duplicate silks when you buy 'em.....

One thing though about a silk vanishing wand.....sooner, rather than later....it WILL eat up and destroy the silks you vanish...so I recommend buying more than one...

The plus side is.......its a beautiful, magical, instantaneous vanish!!!
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
OK Rick...it sounds interesting! Is there (as Ross Perot once said) a giant sucking sound?

My Demon Box produces 3 15" and one Rice Serpent Streamer. (with the extra load,it also produces a long string (about 12 feet) of 12"s tied corner to corner.)I use it as a pad when needed, with the 20C silks. My DWB is a Sherms mfg, I think. It's better made than the original Davenport. I've had it for 60 years! No! it aint for sale!!! I want to be buried, clutching it in both hands!

My Willman ball ATE silks, too! The ball finally died --indigestion??? Remind me and I'll tell you where I got the idea of using it to vanish a silk.
Edgar Alstad
View Profile
New user
Levanger, Norway
95 Posts

Profile of Edgar Alstad
The panties are made of silk. But I read somewhere that diamond cut silks was not suitable for the wand - because they were to thick at the middle. I guess I'll have the same problem with the panties. Are there wands with different sizes? Wands that can vanish bigger silks?
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Of the 3 I purchased, all are a little different diameter, but they all take the same size silks. You heard wrong or read it wrong. Diamond cut is okay, but I prefer diagonal cut silks for the wand.

If you want to play with it, the plastic wand is the thickest mode and may work with the panties, but that is not a promise.

Again Edgar, I suggest you read my topic on this, I list the silks I have tried, I will list the address. The Silk and Flower guy, Richard Hughes, was kind enough to make me silks in different sizes and diagonal shapes as well.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......&forum=8
Nat
View Profile
Special user
566 Posts

Profile of Nat
[
Bill,
I always appreciate your comments and guidance.
Thinking about using the wand for the 20th Century Silk effect - with several models on sites - do you have a favorite for 20th Century?
Thanks!
Nat

quote]On Mar 8, 2014, Bill Hegbli wrote:
Yes, the Flash Silk Vanishing Wand will work with the "silk" in the Silk to Panties trick on the market. I don't understand your comment. The trick is Silk To Panties, therefore, the silk is made to vanish, not the panties.

Look up my handling for the Wand in the Silk Section of the Café if interested. It takes some practice to get use to the handling. I went through several silks practicing and learning the correct handling.

I have all the Wands that were on the market recently.

I don't have the trick so I don't know how the panties are represented, but if I had to guess, do to the design of panties, it would be problematic causing them vanish using the Wand. [/quote]
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Nat! The silk vanishing wand that Bill is discussing, will tear up the silk. (The old Willmann mechanical ball would tear them up even faster.)

I've used the 20C for years, and, vanish my r'bow silk using the Burling Hull "Elusive" method (TT with decoy scrap of silk) I can get a couple seasons out of a silk. I like 'visual' effects, but!

Hey, are you Nat from Sioux Falls??? My 20th C is in my book, page 263. I do 20C with a little boy, but, with a little editing of the lines, it would play for an adult, as I never do anything that would make the youngster look foolish, etc.
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3698 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
Edgar, you initial thought was correct. You cannot vanish the panties with the silk vanishing wand. A 9" silk is about as big as you can go. Even with these limitations, it is a very visual effect that blows people away.
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
The EFFECT is definitely VISUAL. The "problem" with this type of prop is that the EFFECT is too close to the PROP.

The vanishing cane, done "by itself" is a lovely (!!!) visual trick, but, those of us who have used it, even just occasionally, feel that it's much more deceptive when vanished from a rolled up newspaper. Ask Jay Marshall, Karrell Fox, Charlie Mardo, Harlan Tarbell, Don Lawton, et al!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Flash silk vanishing wand (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL