The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Daff thanks all on this forum who ecouraged me (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
12121 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Not too long ago, many of you on this forum offered me words of encouragement concerning the fact that I have experienced an abundance of outright rejection and condemnation from the religious community at large over my magic performances. 
My past has been replete with every kind of condemning word one can imagine over this. (And even some that are beyond imagination!)

Well, anyway, I'm posting this to THANK-YOU, and thank ALL of you who encouraged me. 

Yesterday, I had a victory. I was performing at a business expo, and who walked in but my pastor! I thought "This is it!" The moment of truth. Well, turns out that not only did he enjoy my performance, but he went away and came back with his wife and asked me to perform for her. She too was all smiles and delighted with my magic. 

Well folks, this is a total turnaround from what I have been used to in the past! Doors can now open, thank-you Jesus, and thank-you all my friends who encouraged me on this forum not to give up!

In fact, my pastor went so far as to tell me he thought we were kindred spirits, and that he admired and respected my sleight of hand abilities. And he wants to treat me to lunch after church next Sunday.

This is a FAR CRY from the pastor who told me that the magic I do is akin to being a voodoo witch doctor!!

All glory to God!

Thanks guys!!
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Mark Boody Illusionist
View Profile
Special user
536 Posts

Profile of Mark Boody Illusionist
Doug

That is GREAT news, for sure!!! My wife & I have been blessed by our Pastor, who is very supportive of our ministry. Just a couple of weeks ago he "interviewd" our youth Pastor & his wife in front of the congregation regarding their trip this summer to Ethiopia. He will be teaching in a theological seminary there. He talked about making a real impact in that region of the world.

Well, I started to feel pretty insignificant on what I do....I mean I'm just doing magic. Then the Pastor talked about OUR ministry! He said at first he thought it was "dumb" and he was hoping that we wouldn't embarass ourselves! After attending our first show he was "blown away".

God uses us in our own unique way to be a blessing to others.

Doug, I pray that God will continue to open doors for you, and it looks like He just opened a BIG one!!

All the best,

Mark
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
12121 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Thanks Mark, for the kind words and good wishes!

I got to thinking : You guys have really encouraged me, but that would not have even been possible if it weren't for Steve Brooks starting this wonderful Magic Café.
mediocre_magic
View Profile
Regular user
Michigan
153 Posts

Profile of mediocre_magic
Amen, brother! It is wonderful how God can use something like a magic forum to bless His people. I'm very glad to hear you are where God wants you.
Theodore Lawton
View Profile
Special user
I drove off the road and ran into
798 Posts

Profile of Theodore Lawton
Good report!
www.facebook.com/TedsMagic
Magic is the bacon in the breakfast of life.
God bless you and have a magical day!
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
7175 Posts

Profile of harris
Wonderful.

Love and prayers.
Brother Harris
Harris Deutsch

aka dr laugh

drlaugh4u@gmail.com

music, magic and marvelous toys

http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
guyactor
View Profile
Veteran user
336 Posts

Profile of guyactor
Amen!
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
12121 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Quote:
On Mar 8, 2014, mediocre_magic wrote:
Amen, brother! It is wonderful how God can use something like a magic forum to bless His people. I'm very glad to hear you are where God wants you.

"The Steps of a good man are ordered of the Lord."
randyburtis
View Profile
Special user
767 Posts

Profile of randyburtis
Awesome!
Mr. Danny
View Profile
Regular user
North Central Louisiana
187 Posts

Profile of Mr. Danny
Smile
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
12121 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Check this out guys: My pastor just invited me over to his house Saturday to perform magic tricks for his kids. What a blessing! I thank all here who have prayed for me. Perhaps after all these years, some doors may finally be opened to me.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Daff thanks all on this forum who ecouraged me (0 Likes)
<<< Previous Topic Next Topic >>>
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001- 2014 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.083706 seconds, requiring 42 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

[9] [7] [6] [5] [4] [4] [2] [3] [8]