The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Cups and Balls,.. Mario Morris style. (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

gallagher
View Profile
Elite user
448 Posts

Profile of gallagher
I might be a couple of months behind, on this,
but I just notice, on the banner, above all Posts,..here at the Sidewalk Shuffle;
Morio Morris, with The Busking School, is advertising a Cups and Balls teach-in.
I was curious.
I've seen clips of Mario,.. little clips, through the years,..
he was always moving forward.
also learning (with the best),
never sat still with his Show
,i liked that.
Two friends had seen him playing last summer,..
told me,.."great stuff!,.. he's taken things farther,.. really entertaining,.. really ( get this!),.. AMAZING!"

OK.
I took a look at the table of contents,..
yeah,.
yeah,..
yeah,..
then I read,.. Table Clothe Pull.
wow!,.. I can't believe Mario put this out!
It' GREAT!,... in his hands.

Also, he's teaching "Door way Shows".
sounds like a great film.

I don't perform The Cups,
but I'm going to order the Film anyways,..
because I enjoy watching them performed,..well.

,gosh, I can't believe he's showing the Table Clothe Pull,...

gallagher
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
1836 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
Thanks gallagher
It was a big step for me to share this routine. largely Jeff Macbride has been encouraging me to do so as well as students have been asking me to teach Cups and Balls.
There is a strong emphasis on how to make your Cups and Balls unique to your self on this DVD as well as the Table Cloth pull.

Just so I am clear on this DVD you see me perform live a Door way Shows as well as Circle show and a parlor show in Las Vagas.
It has been a great project with a great team to work with.
My hope is that it serves the magic community to think creatively and uniquely about their routines,
Here to help
Mario
ROBERT BLAKE
View Profile
Special user
987 Posts

Profile of ROBERT BLAKE
I Know the cups and balls and have seen to many routines that looked alike, sometimes a complete copy. So I was curious to see what Mario would do and how it would be different. Well I was in for a treat a big treat.

Mario’s routine has some known tricks with the cups and balls but also a few different ones. His routine is made on the street and for the street.. A street routine has to keep the peoples attention. Mario does this with little side tricks like the arm in the hat, Flip stick, 2 on the cup one in the pocket and involving the people in a fun humorous way. It is his structure that keeps the audience. Just studying this will make you better understand to how and to keep the attention of the audience.

What I also like is that his show fits in one suitcase including the table. His table also has a shelf build in it on which the suitcase stands using it as a pouch. By doing it this way Mario brings this into the 21st century. I personally never liked the pouch with the modern clothing. Mario’s solution makes this adaptable, versatile and you don’t carry the loads on your hips all day long. This table can be good to other shows to. Great idea.

Table cloth pull: this oldl vaudeville stunt is a great way to keep the audience attention. Everybody wants to see how Mario succeeds or messes up. This alone makes people curious and stay. Just adding this is worth the price of the DVD alone.

BEGINNER MAGICIAN: , this DVD teaches you not only a trick or routine but also a structure and how to build excitement and keeps the attention.

ADVANCED MAGICIAN: it give a nice “out of the box” thinking of a professional street entertainer, food for thought on different levels.

A great DVD for the serious student of magic and street performing. Mario Morris thanks you for sharing this with us.
SD Houston
View Profile
New user
Billings, MT
39 Posts

Profile of SD Houston
I just ran across the promo for this on Youtube a day or two ago and was seriously intrigued. This is a DVD I intend to get my hands on soon! I just started learning the cups and balls and was majorly excited about this as I'm finding them to be right up my alley!
The art of anything is taking the time to learn everything
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
1836 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
Thank you all for you feed back! Robert thank you for taking the time to writing up your review of the DVD. My hope is it will serve you all well.
Mario
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Cups and Balls,.. Mario Morris style. (3 Likes)
<<< Previous Topic Next Topic >>>
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001- 2014 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.202911 seconds, requiring 26 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

[9] [7] [6] [8] [1] [4] [0] [7] [3]