The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Keep Calm And Carry On REVIEW (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

smullins
View Profile
Special user
United States
678 Posts

Profile of smullins
I think because this set was produced by Russ at RSVP, it goes without saying how incredible the shots are. The bar looks great, the girls are nice and give genuine reactions and the teaching is directed to be very informative. -- John is one of my all time favorite card magicians. He has a knack of making the typically complicated/convoluted handling of great plots and narrowing them down to a very direct moment. Not to mention seemingly hands-off. Take "It's The Thought That Counts!" for example. I think of of crazy methods for this but john has it as an incredibly simple process (set up can be done in front of them!), easy to understand, the spectator buys into the presentation, it's hands off for the most part and STRONG. It's so hard for me to say that I like EVERYTHING a person has created when they have a body of work as large as John's. However, I honestly think he is one of the most commercial thinkers today. What's even crazier is that I continue to see him grow as a performer and creator within each set. If you start with his early work and work continually up to this set you will find two things: 1. A huge selection of great card magic (a coin trick or two mixed in places) 2. It's keeps getting better John gives great crediting, teaches everything well and really gives up some of his best stuff to date. Just a couple that come to mind: Me and My Shadow: This is a SHOWPIECE, as in this is great for a parlor routine. They pick a deck of cards from two different colors, cut and think of a card from the shuffled deck. You name their card, reveal it has a different back and vanish ALL of the cards except the same thought of card in another box. It's a very nice routine that if performed right can be a real "WTF" moment for your audience. Everything is left examinable. It's The Thought That Counts: You can actually see the breath leave the girl when she sees this. It's very simple, can be set up in front of the spectator (John teaches this beautifully) and BLOWS minds. I can't talk highly enough about this. I'm not going to talk about Think A Think… I hope to GOD people forget that John published this and it's all mine. Overall this set is a winner. If you have any of his previously published material, you know you are going to love this as well. There's think a card plots, mystery cards, borrowed deck routines and more keeping them as hands off as possible. While you are at it… Buy: Streamlined Session Notes 24Seven 1&2 Carey On Handle With Carey And everything else he's put out there. .... Just give him all your money, he'll hook you up ;-)
Shawn Mullins

www.MullinsMagic.com
smullins
View Profile
Special user
United States
678 Posts

Profile of smullins
Forgot to mention, you can buy the DVD here along with anything else he has put out there.

http://www.johncareymagic.co.uk/
Shawn Mullins

www.MullinsMagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Keep Calm And Carry On REVIEW (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL