The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Defiance by Mariano Goni (24 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
MarianoG
View Profile
Veteran user
SPAIN
336 Posts

Profile of MarianoG
Hello guys, I have something for each of you.

First, when you buy the DVD you should be given a bonus video download that explains the hook-up to perform while ROVING (a.ka. walk around), and be reset. This has not been included in the TNT show so it's a little biased.

The crediting: Yes we have to rush with production, the credits should go to John Le Clair (for a basic r**l setup, not the method), and to the unknown inventor (this was an independent reinvention of the method) of the floating pin back in the 80's. Credits to James George for designing the gimmick were not included because MMS has negotiations with him to produce it specifically for this trick.

So yes Nick, you can perform the two main effects at any time given if you use your head, or if you download the bonus content.

thanks,
parkrocker
View Profile
Regular user
Nuremberg, Germany
170 Posts

Profile of parkrocker
Hey everyone, here is what you've been waiting for Smile
After a long night without sleep to get it ready for you guys IT is finally here:
Check out the TNT XXL Easter Special featuring the first review of Defiance!
Enjoy it and drop us a comment what you think!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nng-HsUJTXQ
As Mariano said we did not cover the download that show the body hock-up, as we did not get any download.
So this episode refers to the DVD only.
Hope you will still enjoy it!

Regards
Nico
magicmichelle
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of magicmichelle
Hey everyone,
As Mariano mentions, the body hook-up was not part of the original Defiance DVD but is a BONUS video available electronically through ANY Murphy's dealer you have purchased it from-- if you haven't gotten it already.

The bonus video addresses the questions that many people had.

Murphy's is proud to be part of this partnership with Mariano.
If you haven't gotten it already, check it out.

Michelle
Michelle Quinn
Murphy's Magic Supplies
ABK-Magic
View Profile
Loyal user
Germany
273 Posts

Profile of ABK-Magic
I really would love to see the additional video, but unfortunately my dealer didn't tell me anything about it. Maybe I can get it somewhere else.

All the best

Alexander
BE CREATIVE! BE UNIQUE!
www.balconyproductions.com
DTJK
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of DTJK
Quote:
On Apr 18, 2014, Magic Piet wrote:
Can the hookups be done with a spider pen pro ?

I would like the answer to this too!
Pachin
View Profile
Regular user
153 Posts

Profile of Pachin
I love IT but the problem for a lot of the effects out there is the set up. Loops came out as a pratical and fast way to set it up. Something that you can carry around and have it ready when need it. I guess I consider them like a portable IT. Defiance looks awesome but I am worried about the set up and how portable it can be.

Hopefully we can get some reviews
cardbiker
View Profile
Inner circle
1484 Posts

Profile of cardbiker
Quote:
On Apr 21, 2014, Pachin wrote:
I love IT but the problem for a lot of the effects out there is the set up. Loops came out as a pratical and fast way to set it up. Something that you can carry around and have it ready when need it. I guess I consider them like a portable IT. Defiance looks awesome but I am worried about the set up and how portable it can be.

Hopefully we can get some reviews

Take a look at TNT's review
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
I'm disturbed by the need to "rush" this product to market; it simply begs the question, 'Why'?

Too rushed to credit, to rushed to include all the necessary instruction: why?
MarianoG
View Profile
Veteran user
SPAIN
336 Posts

Profile of MarianoG
Let me answer some questions, I think my other releases back me up. (By the way, the same chatter happened with melting point, with nut waltz, etc... "not for the real world...")

First, I'm not the kind of magician that posts misleading trailers. This one, wasn't produced by me, but still, I think trailers should enhance and communicate the magician what the audience is going to feel and see when he performs it. Without exagerately hiding important things of course.

Just before the TNT show was out, I PM Mr.Kolle and warned about the extra download wich allows to perform at any time, called the jacket hook up and wich is not in the DVD. They had already made the video and refused to consider it.

So I understand why they are saying what they're saying in the show. The problem is they don't have all the info. I must also say that I'm impressed with the respect the review was made, I liked it.
Not so with the doubts about if I was performing this trick on a regular basis. I do, and I have plenty of proof to show. Is the trick impossible to do? Certainly not for IT begginers. You need practice... like when you tried the Fearson cigarrete for the first time and could not catch it between the lips. It takes hundreds of performances to get sure fire, if that thing exists with IT. However no one told him his trick was "not for the real world".

The same "sentence" was applied for nut waltz in this forum and some ridiculous youtube shows. "A totally unreal version of the effect". Thank you, time has debunked your statements. I'm sure something similar will happen with Defiance.

As I'm a little burned with the same story here in the Café, I will end with a "·Defiance" : If you want to push the limits of what can be done, go ahead and experiment with the new hookups and ideas. If you want to stick to your good 'ol restricted area levitation, stay there. But magic only advances with innovation. Good luck!
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
But why the "rush"? You haven't answered that yet.
MarianoG
View Profile
Veteran user
SPAIN
336 Posts

Profile of MarianoG
What "rush" ? RUSH is only because people are getting a wrong impression about this product. That's it.

PD: Since Germany is close to Spain I would like to invite Mr.Kolle to my show where I perform "The Incredible Spinning Card" and to go with me to most bars so he can see how easily I perform and get reset.

By the way, a message to De'vo and Dan And Dave: please stop creating new and very difficult moves with the cards. Please create something for the real world (and something I can learn Smile
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
Quote:
On Apr 20, 2014, MarianoG wrote:
Hello guys, I have something for each of you.

First, when you buy the DVD you should be given a bonus video download that explains the hook-up to perform while ROVING (a.ka. walk around), and be reset. This has not been included in the TNT show so it's a little biased.

The crediting: Yes we have to rush with production, the credits should go to John Le Clair (for a basic r**l setup, not the method), and to the unknown inventor (this was an independent reinvention of the method) of the floating pin back in the 80's. Credits to James George for designing the gimmick were not included because MMS has negotiations with him to produce it specifically for this trick.

So yes Nick, you can perform the two main effects at any time given if you use your head, or if you download the bonus content.

thanks,

Errrr, what you said above?

That you had to "rush with production"? Your words, not my words. No time to credit? And, please explain why the need for a "bonus" video, which clearly Alex was not made aware of? Are you suggesting that he bought his copy from a disreputable dealer? If not, then it seems like not only the crediting, or total absence of crediting, was done in a "rush".
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4935 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Well, you are performing outside in sunlight on the trailer. We all know that is not possible unless your audience is very far away.
James

Quote:
On Apr 21, 2014, MarianoG wrote:
Let me answer some questions, I think my other releases back me up. (By the way, the same chatter happened with melting point, with nut waltz, etc... "not for the real world...")

First, I'm not the kind of magician that posts misleading trailers. This one, wasn't produced by me, but still, I think trailers should enhance and communicate the magician what the audience is going to feel and see when he performs it. Without exagerately hiding important things of course.

Just before the TNT show was out, I PM Mr.Kolle and warned about the extra download wich allows to perform at any time, called the jacket hook up and wich is not in the DVD. They had already made the video and refused to consider it.

So I understand why they are saying what they're saying in the show. The problem is they don't have all the info. I must also say that I'm impressed with the respect the review was made, I liked it.
Not so with the doubts about if I was performing this trick on a regular basis. I do, and I have plenty of proof to show. Is the trick impossible to do? Certainly not for IT begginers. You need practice... like when you tried the Fearson cigarrete for the first time and could not catch it between the lips. It takes hundreds of performances to get sure fire, if that thing exists with IT. However no one told him his trick was "not for the real world".

The same "sentence" was applied for nut waltz in this forum and some ridiculous youtube shows. "A totally unreal version of the effect". Thank you, time has debunked your statements. I'm sure something similar will happen with Defiance.

As I'm a little burned with the same story here in the Café, I will end with a "·Defiance" : If you want to push the limits of what can be done, go ahead and experiment with the new hookups and ideas. If you want to stick to your good 'ol restricted area levitation, stay there. But magic only advances with innovation. Good luck!
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
It is true the production was rushed. Creator words are the truth.
Ceierry
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1582 Posts

Profile of Ceierry
Guys, you don't understand.. The bonus video is a hook-up for walk around, so what you've received it's a detailed IT product, he explain troubleshoot and important things, and if you was waiting for a street walk around product you're disapointed since you've not seen the bonus video about walk around hook up, just watch the bonus video and review after, oqay?

Thanks a lot and have a good day.

-Ceierry
Author of 10S Star Sign Divination - olivier.ceierry@gmail.com for a digital copy.
Ceierry
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1582 Posts

Profile of Ceierry
Plus, this is amazing for stage isn't it? Smile

'Ah but I don't do stage!' - Oqay so you have the bonus video to the walk around.. And maybe one day you'll use Defiance as stage.
Author of 10S Star Sign Divination - olivier.ceierry@gmail.com for a digital copy.
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
Quote:
On Apr 22, 2014, Ceierry wrote:
Guys, you don't understand.. The bonus video is a hook-up for walk around, so what you've received it's a detailed IT product, he explain troubleshoot and important things, and if you was waiting for a street walk around product you're disapointed since you've not seen the bonus video about walk around hook up, just watch the bonus video and review after, oqay?

Thanks a lot and have a good day.

-Ceierry

If we were having a beer, I would be brutally honest. But since it is here:

Anyone who didn't realise how many anchor points were needed should rethink their career as a magician, if they have one.

Those who do realise and still want it, then they will be happy buyers.

Those who don't realise are almost certainly not performing on stage, and are unlikely to do so in the future.

I would never buy this, as it is perfectly clear from the video what sort of set up is involved.

And guys. Guys. ....guys....

Look at the f******g wobbly levitation on the demo. Do you really want to perform that? Really?

Arse.
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
[whatever Celery might say]
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
It is unfortunate that mariano chose to release the dvd in a rushed manner, thereby neglecting to include the additional content and failing to credit. In fact, I believe the only reason mariano decided to add the bonus is that he knew he was getting a bad review on this project.
djurmann
View Profile
Inner circle
thinks time to practice and stop writing
1481 Posts

Profile of djurmann
It is nice when people put stuff out there for us to look at, admire (or not) and buy (or not). Creation is a little like having a baby I think....one should be positive when criticising someone's baby or creation where possible.

Am I going to buy this? Well no since it does not suit my working environment BUT it is nice to see the distant body hover and there is some nice stuff here. Not every trick needs to be for me, but even those that aren't can help me to develop my magic. So thank you Mariano.

Danny
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Defiance by Mariano Goni (24 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL