The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Train Tracking - by Atlas Brookings (263 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..12..21..30..39..45~46~47
Martin Pulman
View Profile
Inner circle
London
3399 Posts

Profile of Martin Pulman
I performed a version of Train Tracking on the phone yesterday (the only way I can perform it!)for an acting client of mine. Her reaction was extraordinary. I wish I had the time, dedication and talent to nail this creation without a ****. Pitch it well to the right person, it is truly an extraordinary work. When you see Atlas perform it, it's like watching Pavarotti sing 'Nessun Dorma'.
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
3253 Posts

Profile of 252life
Quote:
On Nov 14, 2017, Martin Pulman wrote:
I performed a version of Train Tracking on the phone yesterday (the only way I can perform it!)for an acting client of mine. Her reaction was extraordinary. I wish I had the time, dedication and talent to nail this creation without a ****. Pitch it well to the right person, it is truly an extraordinary work. When you see Atlas perform it, it's like watching Pavarotti sing 'Nessun Dorma'.

Try building up to it with the easiest track.
Like learning a classic force, work it in where it doesn't matter as much.
(Thats how I eased into it anyway, as recommended by Atlas)
I'll never not love TT. After TT, the world of mentalism became so much easier.
Talk about raising the bar high lol
Look for all the world like you're counting the brain cells in his cranium.

-Theodore Annemann
Seth speaks
View Profile
Inner circle
New Mexico
1250 Posts

Profile of Seth speaks
After a few years, I’m back to applying my brain to this masterpiece. Even if l can’t quite get it, every time I apply myself to it, I feel like it is a really good brain workout... Is there still a forum for TT owners to help the learning process?
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
3253 Posts

Profile of 252life
I remember the early reviews vividly.

(imagine dreamy flashback music...)

"Too easy!" -Richard Bosterlind
"C'mon Atlas, give us a challenge already!" -LOCH
"I was performing it within minutes of receiving my copy!" -Ben Dine
"Works even better in Portuguese!" -T. Annemann
"Thank God for the supplemental videos!" -M. Baven
"I wish he wouldn't have flooded the market like he did" -Bell Becker
"That was gonna be the 14th Step!" -T. Korinda
" !! !!!" - Teller (of Henn & Teller Televangelist troupe)
"Reading this book was my most dangerous stunt ever. They had to freeze me in ice to prevent my brain from exploding." -D. Bane

252ManyReasonsWhyIDon'tDoComedyTheseAreButAFew

-Theodore Annemann
Atlas
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Atlas
Quote:
On Nov 14, 2017, Martin Pulman wrote:

Martin - You'll have to drop me an email and tell me who it was, I'm curious now.

Seth, yes the forum is still online.

Best,

Atlas
Mark Storms
View Profile
Veteran user
Seattle, WA
393 Posts

Profile of Mark Storms
Just wanted to pop on here and let it be known that I've listed my copy of Train Tracking for sale on the Café ( http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=78 ) . I know this thread isn't for listing items, but I thought some who have been waiting for a copy of this book to pop up might appreciate the note in this section since not many browse the "books for sale" section on the Café. I've cleared this sale with Atlas and I will be selective in who I sell this to. Thanks!
Find out what you cannot do.., Then go and do it!
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
3253 Posts

Profile of 252life
Most rewarding mentalism purchase I ever made.
Someone is in for a treat.

-Theodore Annemann
MasterGrip
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of MasterGrip
Had a session with an old friend this weekend who has this book but has never worked on the effect. I thumbed through it and have to ask, are people "putting in the work" to do this and if so, are they brute forcing it or otherwise? Crazy. I am in awe of anyone using this.
Johnny250
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of Johnny250
I am using this. and this is by far the most powerful thing I ever purchase. now I do only 3 word letters to save time, but it is still getting great reactions
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
3253 Posts

Profile of 252life
I use the short version all the time.
It expands and deepens almost any reveal imo.

-Theodore Annemann
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Hopefully I'll pass my exams with
1646 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
I know the main routine is the divination if a word...but I'm really.interested in the "postcard opener" where you predict where the spectator goes on holiday, when they go and the word they describe it with.

I do have a few questions though:

How surefire is this routine?
Does it use DR/IS OR ANY P** SH**?
Any special clothing requirements needed?

Thanks
Sleepy
Atlas
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Atlas
Here is a video of Steve Haresign performing his take on it at a show of his in Shropshire:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjmKREdoTVY&t=39s

To your questions:

Surefire.
No.
Kind of - not sure I'd call it that.

All the best,

Atlas
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1754 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
The postcard effect is very very clever. There’s a drawback and limitation which most people will be afraid of, but it plays cleaner than anything else you’d do in your show. And Atlas provides a couple of different solutions to the effect.

Madison
haresign
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of haresign
I think it's of paramount importance to show your stage as a fun and safe place to be right from the word go and this routine was just perfect for me as my opener each evening. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Train Tracking - by Atlas Brookings (263 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..12..21..30..39..45~46~47
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL