The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Discussion on..."Just go out & Do It" (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
ROBERT BLAKE
View Profile
Special user
979 Posts

Profile of ROBERT BLAKE
MICHEAL Ammar said:"everybody needs a place to be bad". for him it was the old people homes for others it is the street.
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
1529 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Ha! Bob! Mark Leddy (booking agent and talent "coordinator" for the old Ed Sullican Show) said (40 + years ago)::: "There's no place left to be lousy in!" Hee Hee
patrick flanagan
View Profile
Special user
lisle, illinois
972 Posts

Profile of patrick flanagan
This spring (if it ever gets here in the Midwest) will be my first attempt at busking. I've been performing for many, many years. But being hired to do a show and street performing are 2 different beasts. I'm excited, nervous, scared all at the same time. But, I figure....what's the worst thing that can happen? If I suck, people will just walk away...odds are they won't kill me. So, all in all, that's not so bad. I have a complete set worked out and rehearsed. I'm just waiting to see how long it will take for me to be thinking...."ok this routine doesn't work here....this line is flat....I need more scripting here.....lol. probably will happen just after the first gathering...lol.
oh well, I'm hoping to get out in 2-3 weeks....so I will report back and let you know how much I sucked....lol.
patrick
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
1529 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Hey Robert! Think POSITIVE!

Yes! a club date is a 'different beast'. But, if you understand that, you're already half way there!

Yes, you may get a "fleeing ovation". But, they wont tar & feather you!!!

Gene Anderson (T&R Newspaper) when he was starting out, would audio tape EVERY SHOW. On his way home, he would listen to audience reactions (while the whole show was fresh in his mind). Later, he would make notes of every response and every laugh. Tapes don't lie! He was "ruthless" in critiquing his own show. Every show got better. (It wasn't that bad in the first place!

Even better, if you have a friend with a video camera, there's nothing like seeing yourself!

Think positive thoughts!
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
1529 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
OOOPS~ I meant Patrick (as in Flanagan)!
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
1529 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
OOOPS~ I meant Patrick (as in Flanagan)!
SD Houston
View Profile
New user
Billings, MT
22 Posts

Profile of SD Houston
Hmmm, video. When I try hitting the street this summer, I may have to find a friend to come along with a camcorder my first time or two around. Thanks, Dick!
The art of anything is taking the time to learn everything
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Discussion on..."Just go out & Do It" (5 Likes)
  Next Topic >>>
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001- 2014 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.082336 seconds, requiring 26 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

[9] [7] [3] [8] [1] [2] [5] [5] [4]