The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Peter Turner ACAAN (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

insight
View Profile
Inner circle
2323 Posts

Profile of insight
I heard a rumor that this would be coming out in the near future: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULp1Gkx2WVo

Can anyone confirm?

Regards,
Mike
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland
2038 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
If, like me, you know Pete's material inside and out you already know the secret to this Smile
swayne100
View Profile
Regular user
141 Posts

Profile of swayne100
Was this on his Penguin lecture?
Pfauntschi
View Profile
Regular user
Munich/Germany
115 Posts

Profile of Pfauntschi
No man. That's a totally different version!!! ;-)
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
1323 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
Pete has countless variations of the ACAAN I've lost count of the different versions he has shown me.

Mark
Dreda
View Profile
New user
France
21 Posts

Profile of Dreda
I prefer the full circle magic Q&A 's version - because it looks like Jeremy Weiss's acaan on the paper. Smile
He's the devil !
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
1323 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
That version I'm not sure Pete would put out or if many would use it if he did. He apparently gave me the secret and it's not something many (including myself) would have the balls to do in the kind of situations Pete does it.

Mark
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland
2038 Posts

If you liked the look of Peter's ACAAN in the vid you should also check out Henry Evans' Opening Doors.

Just a tip from your friendly neighbourhood Scoopmaster Smile
Peter_turner
View Profile
V.I.P.
Bradford, West Yorkshire
1018 Posts

Profile of Peter_turner
This is me just messing about, that's me in a bar just jazzing. Watch my full circle interview on YouTube 36 mins in or Morgan streblers full circle interview 25 mins in.

The berglas effect from thousands of miles away all specifications intact x
DJ Trix
View Profile
Special user
978 Posts

Profile of DJ Trix
I could only laugh uproariously.

Peter either has the most amazing luck in the world, or there is something more surreptitious then I want to acknowledge going on there. Either way, those performances brought much joy.

Peter this should be your next limited release if it can be taught.
Matt Chalk
View Profile
New user
New Zealand
55 Posts

Profile of Matt Chalk
Personally I don't want Pete to release this.

I think the incredible piece of art that Pete performed should remain a mystery forever.

It gives me hope that there is something more in our art than pure deception.

I regard it as the greatest mentalism effect of all time.
"Those that don't believe in magic will never find it" Roald Dahl

www.magicalmatt.com
www.theaucklandmindreader.com
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland
2038 Posts

Quote:
On Apr 19, 2014, Peter_turner wrote:
This is me just messing about, that's me in a bar just jazzing. Watch my full circle interview on YouTube 36 mins in or Morgan streblers full circle interview 25 mins in.

Not quite all specifications intact.

The original Berglas effect, which is only known and performed by David Berglas and Marc Paul, has four strict criteria.

1. The deck is available for viewing prior to the trick (the cards are not touched by the magician).
2. The genuine spectator can name any of the 52 cards in the deck.
3. A second genuine spectator is permitted to name any number between 1 and 52.
4. A third genuine spectator counts down the selected number of cards.

So based on that, maybe one or two conditions were met.

Would be great to see you meet all four Smile
Titanas
View Profile
V.I.P.
1176 Posts

Profile of Titanas
Jamie,
Did you watch the performances from the two interviews that Peter mentioned?

Best regards,
Titanas
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland
2038 Posts

Quote:
On Apr 20, 2014, Titanas wrote:
Jamie,
Did you watch the performances from the two interviews that Peter mentioned?

Best regards,
Titanas

Yes, only 2 out of the 4 conditions were met as described in my previous post.

What Peter does is great but it doesn't meet all 4 conditions of the Berglas effect.
Jeff Wassom
View Profile
Loyal user
215 Posts

Profile of Jeff Wassom
Part of that is do to the limitations of skype as a medium yes? You guys are strict, but it's all fun. Smile

I'm with Matt on being fine with this not being released. It's get the &@#* out of here great. Lol.
Matt Chalk
View Profile
New user
New Zealand
55 Posts

Profile of Matt Chalk
I think Pete meant that the supposed "Berglas Effect" is the one he does via Skype. It is an absolutely insane effect and it will blow your mind when you see it.
"Those that don't believe in magic will never find it" Roald Dahl

www.magicalmatt.com
www.theaucklandmindreader.com
Peter_turner
View Profile
V.I.P.
Bradford, West Yorkshire
1018 Posts

Profile of Peter_turner
Quote:
On Apr 20, 2014, Jamie Ferguson wrote:
Quote:

The original Berglas effect, which is only known and performed by David Berglas and Marc Paul, has four strict criteria.

1. The deck is available for viewing prior to the trick (the cards are not touched by the magician).

Well the deck was borrowed, I was 5000 miles away (not touched by me at any point as my arms are physically not long enough).

The specatator can name any cards (in Morgan's case he chose to change his mind Smile )

In the interview there was only one person and in Morgan's interview the other guy in the video (I didn't know him) could have named a number.

It doesn't matter who deals the cards after the number is called (the order of the deck wouldn't miraculously change).

I was limited by the amount of spectators, I will try capture one with more Smile

It's not something I knew I was going to perform I got asked by Morgan.

I performed it for Berglas in a curry house in London where he named a card, someone else named the number and Marvin dealt down to it (I wish I would have caught it on camera). Its all in the name of fun like Smile

I saw David's privatly one on one...It was insane! x
Morgan Strebler
View Profile
V.I.P.
Inside Your Mind
319 Posts

Profile of Morgan Strebler
Peter that was hands down the craziest thing I've ever experienced!! You're a living legend, and the giants of mentalism are standing on your shoulders! You will IMO go down as the best mentalist of our time.

Morgan
Morgan
<BR>
<BR>http://www.morganstrebler.com
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
1323 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
Quote:
On Apr 20, 2014, Jamie Ferguson wrote:
Quote:

When Pete did this for me it was my deck, it had never left the box in Peters presence and Pete had no access to the deck prior to the effect starting or ending for that matter. I had viewed the cards and performed with them many times before meeting Pete. I was a genuine spectator and named any card in the deck without restriction. I wasn't a second spectator but I'm sure I could have been. I named the number I wanted freely. I removed the cards from the box myself and dealt the cards myself, it could just as easily been another genuine spectator dealing the cards. The only real difference between Petes performance for me and his performances in the interviews was Pete was in front of me not on Skype. Other than that I'd say Petes ACAAN is more than capable of meeting the conditions.

Mark
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Peter Turner ACAAN (3 Likes)
<<< Previous Topic Next Topic >>>
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001- 2014 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.247629 seconds, requiring 54 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

[9] [7] [6] [6] [2] [0] [3] [1] [1]