The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Wallets for Packet Tricks (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
LesL
View Profile
Regular user
154 Posts

Profile of LesL
Quote:
On Jun 27, 2014, BitterBrewerAZ wrote:
Jeffery,

The cheap card wallets on Penguin's site used to come with a couple of gaff cards which made them a steal at $.94 cents. I usually just order 5 at a time.

My last order (2 wallets) didn't come with any gaffs. Maybe there is a minimum order required? Previously an order for 5 came all with the same gaff cards (Ultimate Monte).
Justin Lewis
View Profile
Special user
811 Posts

Profile of Justin Lewis
Just picked up a few really cool wallets at hocus Pocus. Paul
Has many in stock for many many uses.
Call him in ask any question. Hocus-Pocus.com
1800-407-4040
“The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it.”- Anonymous
gomerel
View Profile
Veteran user
372 Posts

Profile of gomerel
I bought the Card Trick Wallet by Heinz Minten, which is advertised as holding poker sized cards. Yes, you can cram them in. The fit is so tight that they would be hard to work with and they might get bent on the inside edge. The wallet does work with bridge cards, if you have tricks in that size.
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
4983 Posts

Profile of pepka
I carry a JOL Tri-Fold wallet by Jerry O'Connell. Can carry SEVERAL different packet tricks. I use it for stranger cards to ring in and out and blanks for ambitious card.
Tim Friday
View Profile
Elite user
478 Posts

Profile of Tim Friday
What about the packet trick wallet from theambitiouscard.com?

Does anyone have experience with this product if so what is your opinion/review?
gomerel
View Profile
Veteran user
372 Posts

Profile of gomerel
The JOL looks great! The one from ambitious card looks good too. It would not take all that much leatherworking skill to do a basic wallet like the 4 trick ambitious one. I am thinking about doing. I have done more complex leatherwork.
Daggers
View Profile
New user
32 Posts

Profile of Daggers
I made mine out of duct tape and it works amazingly well! I highly recommend this as you can make it exactly how you want it to be. Exact number of pockets, where they are, how big they are, and the overall look of the wallet. Plus, it's easily repaired or modified! You can also make it as thin or thick as you want. Instead of using my wallet for packet tricks, I carry a mostly normal deck with the jokers and about 3 other cards added which allow me to perform 3-4 different packet effects not including ones I can do with the normal cards in the deck.

If I wanted to though, I could fit several more cards into my wallet even with what it's currently carrying lol I have 20 business cards, lockpicks, debit card, license, hotel room key cut in a way to open most doors, a paper clip and two rubber bands wrapped around the wallet to perform (stairway?), a broken rubber band for lightspeed (with a ring I always wear), and a slot for my key on the back! All while staying thinner than most wallets Smile

It's pretty easy to look up basics of making a duct tape wallet and you can go from there to make a wallet suitable for any use.

Pics of it: http://imgur.com/a/7GXf2/all
gomerel
View Profile
Veteran user
372 Posts

Profile of gomerel
I am working on leather wallet. Duck tape wouldn't work well for me since I do lots of period styles.
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
DC area native, now in Atlanta
1703 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
Any issues with the glue from duct tape gumming up cards?
Daggers
View Profile
New user
32 Posts

Profile of Daggers
Nope, no problems! I take several pieces and lay them over each other (sticky side up) until I have the length and width I want (or twice as long since I'll make folding wallets from time to time) and then put strips of duct tape face down on top of that. So I have a sheet of duct tape with both sides non sticky. I just make sure any and all sticky parts are well taped down and not in contact with anything.
poolside
View Profile
New user
Tampa, Florida
55 Posts

Profile of poolside
Saw John Bannon perform in Tampa recently and he carried his packet tricks in a large Ogon wallet similar to this one: http://www.amazon.com/Ogon-Aluminum-Smoo......rds=ogon

A little bit pricey but it held more than an evening's worth of entertainment.

It appears he also makes about 3 individual packet wrappers out of a dollar bill which gives a nice gambling look if that's what you are going for. Go see him lecture if you ever get the opportunity as his packet tricks are great and he shares a wealth of information!
"It's a good feeling to know you're alive" - Fred Rogers
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Riding the Cancer Recovery Coaster into
3820 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Look up Aluma-wallet XL http://www.amazon.com/Aluma-Wallet-XL-In......08JGGD4Y perfect size and holds several packets (I have 6 of them because I got them a year ago on clearance at Walmart for $5 ea) The hinges have a tendency to pop out if you overfill though (I just wrap the wallet in a rubberband at that point) Great for storing them also so the gaffs don't get mixed up with regular cards in the magic drawer.
www.shadowpest.wordpress.com <~~my cancer story

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
poolside
View Profile
New user
Tampa, Florida
55 Posts

Profile of poolside
Thanks, Poof Daddy! That's a lot cheaper than an Ogon and looks just as functional... and I have a lot of packet tricks (because of Aldo Colombini!)
Aldo Colombini!)
"It's a good feeling to know you're alive" - Fred Rogers
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
3820 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Just make sure you get the "XL" - the regular one is too small (I read somewhere) and as I say, my 6 "XL's" work perfectly for storing and I sometimes carry 1 or 2 without taking up too much pocket space.

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Tim Friday
View Profile
Elite user
478 Posts

Profile of Tim Friday
Quote:
On Apr 25, 2014, Chamberlain wrote:
I use the Jerry O'Connell Single Bi-Fold Holder for holding 2 packet tricks (currently Spin Doctor and Nothing but the Truth) I used to use his Double Bi Fold Holder but it's a bit chunky.

So then the O'Connell Double bi-fold holds 4 packet tricks?
Tim Friday
View Profile
Elite user
478 Posts

Profile of Tim Friday
I found that you can find more info on the O'Connell wallets on the Propdog website, he even has videos for some of them, very helpful.

I purchased the O'Connell packet trick wallet and am extremely pleased. It keeps everything organized even the packet tricks with 8 to 10 cards fit nicely. The quality is excellent.

My only concern is there is a loose thread at the inside opening of the wallet where you would store cash. I'm not sure if I should clip it because I don't want it to unravel but if I don't clip it it could snag or be in the way. Ideas?
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
3820 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Quote:
On Oct 25, 2014, Tim Friday wrote:
My only concern is there is a loose thread at the inside opening of the wallet where you would store cash. I'm not sure if I should clip it because I don't want it to unravel but if I don't clip it it could snag or be in the way. Ideas?

Anytime I have had to get rid of a bit of extra tread hanging out in the past, I have always preferred burning it off to cutting it. Burning it often leaves a bit of a "knot" where the burn ends and that helps keep it from retracting back inside as easily as a straight cut would.

Another alternative is to cut it a little long and super glue the tip down to secure it permanently. (Prop wallet open while it dries) Smile

Smile Smile
Tim Friday
View Profile
Elite user
478 Posts

Profile of Tim Friday
Quote:
On Nov 1, 2014, Poof-Daddy wrote:

Anytime I have had to get rid of a bit of extra tread hanging out in the past, I have always preferred burning it off to cutting it. Burning it often leaves a bit of a "knot" where the burn ends and that helps keep it from retracting back inside as easily as a straight cut would.

Another alternative is to cut it a little long and super glue the tip down to secure it permanently. (Prop wallet open while it dries) Smile

Thanks for the tip, I might try super glue because I'm not sure if it's a nylon or cotton thread and I don't want to risk burning the wallet. I also contacted Propdog and he said it shouldn't be a problem to trim it.
orywithaC
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of orywithaC
Thanks for the idea for the alumawallet xl, I'll be picking some of those up soon!
Phoenicis
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of Phoenicis
I don't carry too many packet tricks so I find that the Espionage wallet works well for me. At the moment it has EB2, Heirloom Redux, a couple of business cards for p**k effects and four aces for any number of effects. There's still plenty of room to use it as my everyday wallet.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Wallets for Packet Tricks (5 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2017 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL