The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Promo by Marcus Eddie (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Judah Vee
View Profile
Special user
of the JV Naughty Vanish....
801 Posts

Profile of Judah Vee
Http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/4232

Ad Copy:

Even if you're not a magician, now you can add SERIOUS FIREPOWER to the most critical moment in a meeting -- the part where you want them to REMEMBER YOU.

When Marcus Eddie hands out his business cards, he implants himself in that person's memory FOREVER. And now, YOU CAN TOO.

You either ALREADY know Marcus Eddie, and what a genius inventory he is.... or YOU'RE ABOUT TO.

Get ready for a promo your future clients will NEVER FORGET...

(ok not much of an ad copy, but the Vid shows what this is......)

Vid is around 36 minutes long.

I ordered this and watched the explaination, and from what I saw.... I like it! Its a quickie and seems like a nice way to hand out your business card. Now, that being said, it wont work well with my current business cards. It is not for any reason other than my business cards are very simple and mostly white on both sides. So the change would not really be that impressive. HOWEVER, this effect makes me want to have an alternate set of business cards to hand out with a lot more color on the front. Or I might use this effect to help hand out one of the wine bars cards where I perform sometimes at.

Gimmick is simple to make, about ten minutes time.

All in all I think this is a winner from Marcus..

-J-
I don't care how fast or slow you are.... As long as I am faster.. -J-
ComposerCopenhagen
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of ComposerCopenhagen
Looks very nice! Can this not be done with playing cards?
Chamberlain
View Profile
Regular user
Edinburgh, Scotland
168 Posts

Profile of Chamberlain
Just bought it too, you can't help but like Marcus. It's a good effect, like Judah said above unless you have bold/colourful business cards it won't look as impressive (mine are just plain text on white) You could do this with playing cards but there's no real point, after all the effect of this is to hand out your cards at the end.

I'm gonna construct the gimmick and see how I feel about reset/performing it in strolling environments. It's currently in the penguin coolbox for just $4.95, so for that price it's worth having a look.
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
2464 Posts

Profile of george1953
Looks very good, I think I will give it a try Smile
magicandsoul
View Profile
Loyal user
243 Posts

Profile of magicandsoul
Looks like something I could really use a lot...IF...I don't have to walk up to my spectators all set up. Is this the case or may I start in front of them with empty hands?

Also, the "real point" of using playing cards is reserved for the imagination of the person asking if playing cards can be used. To say that you do not see "the real point " is rather condescending. You don't see "the real point" because he didn't share his vision.

M&S
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Promo by Marcus Eddie (1 Likes)
  Next Topic >>>
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001- 2014 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.163510 seconds, requiring 22 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

[9] [7] [6] [8] [8] [4] [6] [8] [7]