The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Cards for Red See Passover (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

lcwright1964
View Profile
Special user
Toronto
569 Posts

Profile of lcwright1964
Does anyone out there do this awesome Aronson effect, which is almost 40 years old now? If so, where do you get the special cards?

Les
CardMaker
View Profile
Inner circle
Ludwigsburg/GERMANY
1063 Posts

Profile of CardMaker
Did you try here: http://www.simonaronson.com/tricks.htm

Buy it for $20.00 from him directly: http://www.simonaronson.com/contact.htm
CardMaker/Bernd Maucksch
Finest gaffed cards for magicians
Lundonia
View Profile
Veteran user
refuses to read more than
321 Posts

Profile of Lundonia
I do it. Well, I've done it for a promo video, I think it's too much of a hassle to ring in the gaffs in a close up setting where I always strive to use only one regular deck. It is a great effect though.

Bought the cards directly from Mr Aronson, link posted above.

Best of luck!
"Only two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity - and i'm not sure about the former" - Albert Einstein
www.jensmagi.se
lcwright1964
View Profile
Special user
Toronto
569 Posts

Profile of lcwright1964
Thanks gents! I have to get better at my Googling. I thought that Mr. Aronson sold only his books on his site. I should've looked more closely. Bound To Please talks about pip stencil transfers and erasing, etc., so I thought this was a custom job. Glad to see it packaged as a commercial trick. I probably spend too much on single tricks--a newbie's weakness--but in the case of Aronson I know it will be worth it. He also sells Ad-Jacent and Aronson's Aces too!

Les
lcwright1964
View Profile
Special user
Toronto
569 Posts

Profile of lcwright1964
Thanks again, everyone. I wrote Mr. Aronson about a combined shipping reduction to mail to Canada, and, I swear, he replied in under 10 minutes. That's impressive. Plus, I'm getting some great tricks in the mail in a week or so...
lcwright1964
View Profile
Special user
Toronto
569 Posts

Profile of lcwright1964
Greetings all, just an update. Red See Passover, Aronson Aces, and Ad-Jacent arrived yesterday. Mr. Aronson sent them quickly, was willing to combine shipping to Canada, and by regular USPS letter mail all got here in plenty of time and inexpensively. I certainly recommend dealing with Mr. Aronson directly for his tricks and books. Cheers, Les.
lcwright1964
View Profile
Special user
Toronto
569 Posts

Profile of lcwright1964
Quote:
On Apr 29, 2014, Lundonia wrote:
I do it. Well, I've done it for a promo video, I think it's too much of a hassle to ring in the gaffs in a close up setting where I always strive to use only one regular deck. It is a great effect though.

I am figuring out that this is one of those tricks where the gaffs should be broken in with their own deck dedicated just to this effect. I suppose that one could work with a blue deck mainly in a set, somehow get its twelve-card stack set up, ring in the red deck with the gaffs, so the trick, clean up as Aronson suggests (he covers this in the booklet with the gaffs, which updates the original account in Card Ideas/Bound to Please), and ditch the red deck and carry on with the blues for the rest of the set. But if you are a one deck sort of guy I could see that not being attractive.

This is the problem I am encountering in my newbie status--I love gaffs and trick decks, memorized stacks, and completely impromptu stuff, but as I contemplate trying to pull together a set I am stuck on how to pull it off. If I want to do RSP, a Mind Power Deck divination, something from Vincent Hedan's Multitude (which uses his approach to the Val Evans multi-effect deck), something with a Svengali deck, a gaffed ace routine like Aces in Their Faces or O'Aronson Aces, and a memorized deck killer like Tamariz's Mnemonicosis, that's a lot decks, a lot of pockets, a lot of switching. Maybe it's a little nuts?

Ah, the curse of just loving it all!

Les
John McLaughlin
View Profile
Veteran user
Gloucester, Massachusetts
393 Posts

Profile of John McLaughlin
I used to have my cards handmade at Denny's in Baltimore by one of the guys behind the counter. They were a bit thick, but still worked fine. As soon as I saw them being produced commercially I got three sets. These days I tend to get duplicates of everything I use. You never know...
...NSA John McLaughlin, not CIA John McLaughlin
Philippe
View Profile
Special user
776 Posts

Profile of Philippe
Need help please with finding cards for Red see Passover?
LesL
View Profile
Regular user
185 Posts

Profile of LesL
A simple Google search shows simonaronson.com. Look under products.
Anders K
View Profile
New user
Denmark
29 Posts

Profile of Anders K
As Simon Aronson is no longer amongst us, does anybody knows where to get the gaff cards?
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
I saw on Monday’s YouTube from Card-Shark that they bought the rights to “Side Swiped” and are releasing it soon in Phoenix Back. He may have purchased others and simply hasn’t announced it yet.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Nikodemus
View Profile
Inner circle
1174 Posts

Profile of Nikodemus
Although Simon has sadly passed on, his website still seems to be active.
I have not tried to order, but looks like it is still possible.
This page has links to order products via PayPal -

http://simonaronson.com/paypalform/paypalform.htm#
socalguy
View Profile
New user
Los Angeles
51 Posts

Profile of socalguy
Sad to hear of The passing of Simon Aronson. I have many of his superb books and packet tricks including Red Sea Passover; a real classic. He will be missed!
Anders K
View Profile
New user
Denmark
29 Posts

Profile of Anders K
Quote:
On Jul 6, 2021, Nikodemus wrote:
Although Simon has sadly passed on, his website still seems to be active.
I have not tried to order, but looks like it is still possible.
This page has links to order products via PayPal -

http://simonaronson.com/paypalform/paypalform.htm#

I sent an email to simon@simonaronson.com but didn't receive an answer, so I guess the site is no longer being maintained.

I did however manage to get the cards from another source, https://printbymagic.com/ (UK based), who supplied me with 2 sets for a very reasonable amount.
OzoneSpy
View Profile
New user
New Mexico
1 Post

Profile of OzoneSpy
In mid-May I wrote to Simon's site, asking if the site was still accepting orders. Ginny responded mid-June, saying most items were still available. So I placed an order for some items (including Red See Passover). Not all items I ordered were available, but Red See Passover was, and my items arrived at the end of June along with a short note from Ginny.

Recently, I see, the website is suspended. I don't know if the email for the site is still working, but some of Simon's fine items and books may still be available from Ginny (NB: The mind reading site is still up, www.aronsonmindreading.com, and it has a contact form at the bottom, but again, I don't know if it is being monitored).

I am thankful that I could receive a few of Simon's packaged effects and I appreciate the time Ginny took to fulfill my order.

The thoughtfulness and care with which Simon crafted and explained his effects made him a stand-out...he will be missed.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Cards for Red See Passover (6 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL