The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Is there such a thing as a magnetic ] and body for a US coin? (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

barts185
View Profile
Inner circle
Can you believe I've been wrong on
1355 Posts

Profile of barts185
I'm not sure if that is the right name.

Here's what I'm looking for:

The front of the ] looks like the front of a US coin.

The front of the inner coin looks like the front of the same year coin.

The back of the inner coin looks like the back of that coin.

The ] and inner coin lock together magnetically.

So, when the two halves are joined, you wind up with what would appear (even under examination by a spectator) to be a single coin.

I don't know if I'm allowed to say the trick, so I'll just say that I've seen something sort of like this with a Euro coin.

What I want to know if is there is any denomination of US coin which has something like this.

Thanks,
Bart
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
Look at Triple Threat by Todd Lassen or 3CM by Jamie Schoolcraft. Although this is a magnetic DOUBLE ]. I have played with both and they can not withstand close examination by a spec.
Dentian
View Profile
Loyal user
278 Posts

Profile of Dentian
I think you may be referring to the TUC.. there is a giant thread on it on the front page of this sub forum. I do however, prefer TT or 3CM over a TUC. I still don't quite understand why TUCs are so popular, but you can look into it.
lithyem
View Profile
Veteran user
San Diego, CA
306 Posts

Profile of lithyem
The Ambivalence is such a coin. When nested it can be handled by a spectator and not discovered. The TT, 3CM or TUC cannot be examined by a spectator.
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Quote:
On May 1, 2014, barts185 wrote:
I'm not sure if that is the right name.

Here's what I'm looking for:

The front of the ] looks like the front of a US coin.

The front of the inner coin looks like the front of the same year coin.

The back of the inner coin looks like the back of that coin.

The ] and inner coin lock together magnetically.

So, when the two halves are joined, you wind up with what would appear (even under examination by a spectator) to be a single coin.

I don't know if I'm allowed to say the trick, so I'll just say that I've seen something sort of like this with a Euro coin.

What I want to know if is there is any denomination of US coin which has something like this.

Thanks,
Bart

Definitely a TUC (Tango Ultimate Coin) comes in US denominations from US Quarter to Kennedy and Walking Liberty Halves to Ike and Morgan Dollars (and those are just the single coin versions) (none are cheap but they are worth every penny when you realize what all you can do with them) http://www.penguinmagic.com/search.php?q=tuc there is a quick link to get you started.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
barts185
View Profile
Inner circle
Can you believe I've been wrong on
1355 Posts

Profile of barts185
Thanks for the replies!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Is there such a thing as a magnetic ] and body for a US coin? (3 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL