The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The tricks are on me! » » The Most Popular Card (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Ado
View Profile
Special user
Pittsburgh, PA
946 Posts

Profile of Ado
I do a street magic effect where that starts with me asking a random person on the streets to name a card. Ace of spades about once every five times.

P!
MagicSarah
View Profile
Regular user
Kent, United Kingdom
194 Posts

Profile of MagicSarah
I feel a scientific experiment coming on. .. Smile
Jacob3
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Jacob3
Quote:
On Nov 8, 2014, Decomposed wrote:
KH, AS, QH and 7D in that order.

I believe this guy is right
Peej
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of Peej
I agree with not choosing any royal cards Smile

I prefer 7D or 2C. Usually.
Stevious
View Profile
New user
Poland
60 Posts

Profile of Stevious
It all depends on what you ask them to think about. There is a huge difference between think about a fairly random card or think about your favourite card that would mean something to you (or represent somehow your personality).

With ladies you have enormous chances of them choosing hearts, quite often the Queen of Hearts will their favourite card, other popular choices are Ace and Jack of Hearts or simply 7 of Hearts, and you can cut them off from picture card by saying e.g. 'now you have a suit, we need to select a value for the card, so just think about the first number that comes to your mind between 1 and 10'. This is pushing them towards the 7.

If spectators want to be more random and unpredictable they will usually go for number card, like 3-4, in my experience Clubs are quite random suit. Guys are harded to predict than ladies, but I guess they tend to go for strong picture cards, aces and spades (not when asked to pick RANDOM card, then they would know that their king is not random).
AndreOng1
View Profile
Regular user
SIngapore
109 Posts

Profile of AndreOng1
Quote:
On Oct 29, 2015, Shurikenstorm5 wrote:
Ace of Spades, queen of hearts, six of clubs

Mine is similar Queen of hearts, Ace of spades, ten of club or any high value clubs.
interesting, Wonder if there is a reason for that.
brittany_killgore
View Profile
New user
Salt Lake City, Utah
10 Posts

Profile of brittany_killgore
Queen of hearts, Ace of spade, Jack of diamond etc.... Mostly Ace, King, Queen and Jack.
Jim_Macdonald
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of Jim_Macdonald
Ace of Spades, Queen of Hearts, Seven of Clubs.
NWJay
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of NWJay
An interesting topic - useful too for working out a good arrangement for, say, an ID. Here's a site with some interesting stats on this:

http://www.psychologyofmagic.org/research/cards/data.html
ParkinT
View Profile
New user
Orlando, FL USA
12 Posts

Profile of ParkinT
This IS a great question!!
I have found that you can 'steer' someone to a very small set of possibilities by casually stating, "Not an Ace, that is what EVERYBODY says and none of the Face cards, they are too fancy".
As has been mentioned here, even though statistically that only cuts it down by 18 our of 52, people tend to fall in the middle with an odd number (5, 6, 9).
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The tricks are on me! » » The Most Popular Card (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2017 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL