The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » New Lassen stuff... (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
Something new from Monsieur Lassen: genius, madman, super hero...

Enjoy Smile
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
And Yea I am working On a 2 Th. new thing! Smile Smile
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
Yay! Smile
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

Stay tooned! Smile
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
Dentian
View Profile
Loyal user
278 Posts

Profile of Dentian
David, so that's not the 'new thing' you were mentioning was it?
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

No It's not what Tomsk 192 was talking about! And I don't Remember Talking about it! So I don't think it's Leaked Out! But I could be wrong! Smile
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
Dentian
View Profile
Loyal user
278 Posts

Profile of Dentian
Im very excited for it! (I saw you mention it somewhere else Smile)
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
Looks very fun to me...
karnak
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
747 Posts

Profile of karnak
Dave, I don't mean to derail this thread or anything, but I do have one quick question for you. You've indicated elsewhere that you prefer Barber halves (over other kinds of halves), and I'm just really curious as to what your thoughts are behind that.

I'm still trying to decide between fully going with either Barbers or Walkers, and so I'm very interested in knowing all of the pros and cons for each. You're a pro who has clearly made such a definite decision, and so I'm naturally curious as to what your highly informed views are, when it comes to favoring one over the other. Please share your thoughts!
For a supernatural chiller mixing magic (prestidigitation, legerdemain) with Magic (occultism, mysticism), check out my novel MAGIC: AN OCCULT THRILLER at http://www.amazon.com/Magic-Occult-Thriller-Reed-Hall/dp/1453874836
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

Well I like That they are thinner! 5 Barbar's are the same height as 4 walkers! So I can hold more! And I can Backpalm 3 with more ease! Smile Also it's easy to get Soft ones! But I guess one of The main reason Is A good Friend Of mine When I was Yong Used Barbar's! Ok So that's my 2 cents! Smile
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
Dentian
View Profile
Loyal user
278 Posts

Profile of Dentian
I do very much agree with David on the barbers. Smile

Here are what I think about both, I've owned both of them and used them for many routines.
Barbers:
Pros:
- Thinner (as David mentioned)
- The majority of them are soft and therefore quieter when handled
- Better contrast due to aging

Cons:
- Harder for some gaffers to make gaffs with due to thinness, shells often have less coverage than walkers. But Todd Lassen, Jamie Schoolcraft Roy Kueppers have all made me great barber sets. This may be a problem for other more commercial manufacturers of gaffs
- Softness takes a bit away from the natural 'ting' of the coins when being tossed around together. The increased surface area makes the coins 'stick' together in a way that prevents them from clinking. You really need to handle soft coins to know what I mean.

Walkers:
Pros:
- Better design in most people's opinion that I've seen
- Often has good contrast.
- Better shells can be made with these compared to the barbers (deeper shells).
- Better silver sound than barbers.

Cons:
- May get ones that are shiny, they don't look as good as the ones that are aged in my opinion.
- Thicker than barbers when in a stack.

That should be all...
karnak
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
747 Posts

Profile of karnak
Thanks for all the input (and insight), guys!
For a supernatural chiller mixing magic (prestidigitation, legerdemain) with Magic (occultism, mysticism), check out my novel MAGIC: AN OCCULT THRILLER at http://www.amazon.com/Magic-Occult-Thriller-Reed-Hall/dp/1453874836
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
I'm one of the few who prefer every other half dollar coin to the Walking Liberty (speaking of looks, only). Just never cared for the design. I don't consider it "bad looking" by any means, just prefer the look of the other halves to the Walker.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
I have a set of Barber coins, with a couple of gaffs, that I bought from a very nice member here. I love those coins. All is talked about above.
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Barbers here too. Though Barber gaffs are the most difficult to find. I managed to buy a few on the Café Sale board also. Fortunately.

Jim
elainevblaine
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of elainevblaine
Yeah, barbers are great, blah blah.

But that MagNeato coin looks fantastic, and fun. Thanks for posting Tom. Now back to the derailment.

What about pennies? Do you like pennies or dimes? Or do you prefer nickels for the quarter size sleights?
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
Heh heh. Yeah, that MagNeato coin looks insanely good. I'll be keeping my eye out for those....
GeorgeG
View Profile
Special user
Thousand Oaks, CA
978 Posts

Profile of GeorgeG
Though I like Barbers better than Walkers, I have a fascination for the Seated Liberty and have a nice collection from Todd
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

Yea There Cool! SmileBut even Harder to get! So you have to go with one And I did not know about about them at the time I Went with Barbar's ! Smile
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » New Lassen stuff... (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL