The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » If right you win, if wrong you lose... » » Better Grip (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

BeThePlunk
View Profile
Special user
West of Boston, East of Eden
887 Posts

Profile of BeThePlunk
I've got a couple of shells that feel good for size and weight - Black Fox Superior Shells and also their Chanin Tribute shells. I also like the looks of both. But, I find them difficult to grip with confidence. Do folks out there have methods for improving the grip? Maybe spray them with a product that makes the surface rougher? Or should I use something on my hands to make them more moist? Ideas?

Thanks,
David
MikeDes
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal
1174 Posts

Profile of MikeDes
I have the same problem with certain shells. I now use the La Maggiore shells. They have more texture on the outside which makes for a surer grip. They are a larger shell too which I find easier to handle.
LeoH
View Profile
Elite user
437 Posts

Profile of LeoH
I always wash my shells when I get them. There could be some oil on the resin from the manufacturing process. Washing them with dish detergent and water works well. I have also sprayed some shells LIGHTLY with Krylon clear matte finish spray to give a little tackiness to the shells.

Before performing, I use a drop of Chamberlain's "Golden Touch" hand lotion. I have diabetes and this gives me very dry hands. The Golden Touch gives me a little moisture to my hands and helps with my grip.

I have also tried "Pro Grip" (tacky cream) that bowlers and golfers use to get a better grip, but then everything tends to stick to your hands. I am sure others will jump on here and give you some additional tips.
RobbinMarksMagic
View Profile
New user
Ohio
28 Posts

Profile of RobbinMarksMagic
Bob's 3 Shell Boot Camp dvd talks about a clean spray coat that will improve the grip without hurting the shells
"Money is how people without talent keep score."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » If right you win, if wrong you lose... » » Better Grip (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL